ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

noise from my 300h

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-22 | 10:04 AM
ElbeeES300
Driver School Candidate

Default noise from my 300h

I have a 2021 300h that I recently bought as a cop with less than 8500 miles. I’ve noticed that the car would “creak” and “groan” whenever I would go through speed bumps or when the car goes on a steep incline or decline.

I took the car to the dealership and it’s not the sunroof. Lexus techs have gone through bushings, shocks, etc but the symptoms are still there. Has anyone encountered this issue?

If the car has been in a sever accident, wouldn’t it be obvious when the techs check the suspension?

In the meantime, they gave me an IS350 as a rental vehicle which my daughter loves to drive.
I’m not looking forward to filling the IS with premium gas.

Thank you for your help.
Old 11-15-22 | 11:55 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

where exactly does the creak and groan come from? it's probably the knee pads. tell the dealer E46CT sent you. see my earlier posts on the knee pads where i made the discovery for the community and came up with a fix.
Old 11-15-22 | 01:22 PM
ElbeeES300
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by E46CT
where exactly does the creak and groan come from? it's probably the knee pads. tell the dealer E46CT sent you. see my earlier posts on the knee pads where i made the discovery for the community and came up with a fix.

The noise is coming from the outside rear area of the vehicle.

I will also let the dealership know.

Thank you
The following users liked this post:
E46CT (11-15-22)
Old 11-15-22 | 01:36 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

the knee pads would be on the inside. so it's not that. let us know what they find..
ElbeeES300 (11-15-22)
Old 11-16-22 | 11:40 AM
ElbeeES300
Driver School Candidate

4th day in the shop update

Advisor told me that they would’ve pointed it out if it was in an accident and Lexus won’t cover the repairs.
Longo Lexus dealership changed the rear bushings as prescribed by Lexus, but the noise it still there. I’m suspecting springs, but at this point it can anything.

I will update as soon as something comes up.

In the meantime, my fill up cost me $75 for the IS350.
i really miss my 300h.
Old 11-17-22 | 07:39 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

I'm also at about $62-$70 for filling up the ES... except it lasts twice as long a gas car and probably more than twice a V6.
Old 11-17-22 | 12:49 PM
JamesAZ
Intermediate

I'm also at about $62-$70 for filling up the ES... except it lasts twice as long a gas car and probably more than twice a V6.
Yeah, I never understood the mentality of "I paid X to fill my car."

I only paid $60 to fill my car last night, so that must mean it's cheaper to run that your 300H!
landonm86 (11-17-22)
Old 11-22-22 | 08:49 AM
ElbeeES300
Driver School Candidate

the knee pads would be on the inside. so it's not that. let us know what they find..
update:
Lexus will change all the rear bushings. We’ll find out soon if that will fix that problem.
Old 11-24-22 | 09:18 PM
padelos
9th Gear

Glad to see people from AZ and CA as i've lived there and my daughter was born in Cave Creek AZ and raised in San Diego, but now we live in France.
I still own homes in AZ and SD and miss them both.
Here is q question if someone can answer.
Im looking to buy a 2019 ES300h Luxe.

Do they all come with sunroof? Or some perhaps dont for Europe. Any comments appreciated.
Old 11-25-22 | 12:47 AM
grp52
Instructor

Originally Posted by padelos
Glad to see people from AZ and CA as i've lived there and my daughter was born in Cave Creek AZ and raised in San Diego, but now we live in France.
I still own homes in AZ and SD and miss them both.
Here is q question if someone can answer.
Im looking to buy a 2019 ES300h Luxe.

Do they all come with sunroof? Or some perhaps dont for Europe. Any comments appreciated.
I can't say for certain about European sold model variations, but for the US market all ES model types for all 7th generation model years (2019 - 2023) "Power moonroof" is a standard feature with "Panorama glass roof" as an option for all ES 350 non-F Sport model types and starting with the 2023 model year also the ES 350 F Sport DESIGN model type.

For country/region specific vehicle model configurations, in many cases Lexus has a country/region specific web site and with some sleuthing you can find on-line copies of the manuals (usually pdf document downloads) for a specific model year and model line (e.g., ES). In your case, Lexus has two web sites, one for "Europe" and one for "France". For France specific Lexus manuals, you can find them at Lexus France - MANUELS DU PROPRIÉTAIRE (that's the starting page where you select the model, model year and month of manufacture [a manual version appears to cover a range of manufacturing months]). 2019 ES manuals are available for many of the languages native to the European region (e.g., English, French, Spanish, etc.) but for France the ES manual is strictly for the ES 300h model type.

From the way the Lexus France web site obtained English language 2019 ES Owner's Manual is written, it looks like the "Power moonroof" is also a standard feature of a French sold 2019 ES (really just only a ES 300h). (There's no "if equipped" disclaimer language on the manual's coverage of the power moonroof feature and operation so one can reasonably assume every ES covered by the manual has a power moonroof.)
Old 11-25-22 | 01:01 AM
padelos
9th Gear

Thank you very much. Really appreciate the quick response and details. Dealer just emailed that it does have a sunroof or moon roof which is fine for me, as long as i can open and get air. I know about the awful info system, is there an option to upgrade it. I guess as long as the GPS is working and on audio to hear direction, thats whats important.
An individual is selling a 2021 with same 30k milage and just dropped the price to 40,000 euro from 42 for a newer version of the 300h.

Wonder if its worth it since car is very similar, he claims the GPS screen is bigger on the 2021.

Originally Posted by grp52
I can't say for certain about European sold model variations, but for the US market all ES model types for all 7th generation model years (2019 - 2023) "Power moonroof" is a standard feature with "Panorama glass roof" as an option for all ES 350 non-F Sport model types and starting with the 2023 model year also the ES 350 F Sport DESIGN model type.

For country/region specific vehicle model configurations, in many cases Lexus has a country/region specific web site and with some sleuthing you can find on-line copies of the manuals (usually pdf document downloads) for a specific model year and model line (e.g., ES). In your case, Lexus has two web sites, one for "Europe" and one for "France". For France specific Lexus manuals, you can find them at Lexus France - MANUELS DU PROPRIÉTAIRE (that's the starting page where you select the model, model year and month of manufacture [a manual version appears to cover a range of manufacturing months]). 2019 ES manuals are available for many of the languages native to the European region (e.g., English, French, Spanish, etc.) but for France the ES manual is strictly for the ES 300h model type.

From the way the Lexus France web site obtained English language 2019 ES Owner's Manual is written, it looks like the "Power moonroof" is also a standard feature of a French sold 2019 ES (really just only a ES 300h). (There's no "if equipped" disclaimer language on the manual's coverage of the power moonroof feature and operation so one can reasonably assume every ES covered by the manual has a power moonroof.)
Old 11-25-22 | 05:50 AM
JamesAZ
Intermediate

Thank you very much. Really appreciate the quick response and details. Dealer just emailed that it does have a sunroof or moon roof which is fine for me, as long as i can open and get air. I know about the awful info system, is there an option to upgrade it. I guess as long as the GPS is working and on audio to hear direction, thats whats important.
An individual is selling a 2021 with same 30k milage and just dropped the price to 40,000 euro from 42 for a newer version of the 300h.

Wonder if its worth it since car is very similar, he claims the GPS screen is bigger on the 2021.
The screen is the same size between 2019 and 2021, it's just a touchscreen on the 2021+ models. But, there are 2 screen size options. Stealing an image from an AliExpress store page, but it still shows what I'm talking about:

Old 11-25-22 | 03:53 PM
grp52
Instructor

Expanding upon JamesAZ's screen size info, for the 2019-2022 model years the screen housing size is the same for all ESs; however, the display screen itself is 8 inches (??mm) for non-navigation equipped vehicles and 12.3 inches (??mm) for navigation equipped vehicles. (The 2023 model year changed the 8 inch system with the complication of not shipping the vehicle with an operational Cloud based Navigation system but having the capability of Cloud based Navigation if one choses to pay for a subscription to the service.)

One item that may be important in your consideration of a French sold 2019 ES is the 2019 month of manufacturing. Based on the Lexus France web site obtained English language 2019 ES Navigation Manual manufacture date ranged versions, France sold ESs manufactured on or before September 2019 were NOT equipped with either Apple CarPlay or Android Auto. ESs manufactured after that month are (according to the manual) equipped with both Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. (Android Auto and Apple CarPlay functionality is caveated with "This function is not made available in some countries or areas." so you'll need to verify what the real status is in France for those features.)
JamesAZ (11-25-22)
Old 11-25-22 | 07:48 PM
padelos
9th Gear

Originally Posted by grp52
Expanding upon JamesAZ's screen size info, for the 2019-2022 model years the screen housing size is the same for all ESs; however, the display screen itself is 8 inches (??mm) for non-navigation equipped vehicles and 12.3 inches (??mm) for navigation equipped vehicles. (The 2023 model year changed the 8 inch system with the complication of not shipping the vehicle with an operational Cloud based Navigation system but having the capability of Cloud based Navigation if one choses to pay for a subscription to the service.)

One item that may be important in your consideration of a French sold 2019 ES is the 2019 month of manufacturing. Based on the Lexus France web site obtained English language 2019 ES Navigation Manual manufacture date ranged versions, France sold ESs manufactured on or before September 2019 were NOT equipped with either Apple CarPlay or Android Auto. ESs manufactured after that month are (according to the manual) equipped with both Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. (Android Auto and Apple CarPlay functionality is caveated with "This function is not made available in some countries or areas." so you'll need to verify what the real status is in France for those features.)

Thank you. I just checked and this 2019 ES300H Luxe vehicle was first registered 4/19/2019 and you're right it does not include Apple car play, only blue tooth.
It has ventilated and heated front seats. Its white exterior with ivory interior and im assuming the seats are not leather.
Im buying it with 31k miles from the Toyota dealer who had originally sold and serviced the vehicle for 37,500 euros and is giving 36 month warranty on everything (except tires, oil changes and basic stuff) anywhere in Toyota/ Lexus in Europe which was a big selling point.
Car had 2 previous owners and the second owner only had the car for 2 months but fell in love with the Lexus 2 door sports car and traded it in.
My question is can i add Apple car play? Because i usually just call Serie to play music directions etc. I guess Apple car play just makes it so much easier.
Also because i have not seen the car as is 10 hours away from where i live in France, but they do things different here. First they dont play games with prices. Lucky to get 500 knocked off. Each vehicle must go through and pass inspection prior to being sold. I have seen photos of it, but having a hard time with the interior color being ivory, as the car has white exterior.
My question is again , can i add Apple car play?
Can i upgrade the sound system? if i dont like the standard one it comes with. (its not Lark Levinson / Harman Kardon)
Can i do anything about the info system since its known to be very complicated?
And finally while i appreciate so much technology coming out, i really dont care about it too much, since im 60 and have been retired and care more about enjoying life outdoors and staying healthy in mind and body.
My ultimate car and would buy it again is a 2010-2014 Mercedes CL500 before they changed to the S coupe.
But it's horrible on gas and gas here is 8/gallon and the ABC suspension and general maintenance very expensive, and dont need any stress in dealing with cars.
This will be my first Lexus. In CA and AZ ive always had MB, BMW, Honda Odyssey (great car) The 1994 & 2000 E320 Mercedes were bulletproof without any major issues. The new ones are just a money making machine for the manufacturer as most. Thank again.
Old 11-25-22 | 07:59 PM
JamesAZ
Intermediate

Thank you. I just checked and this 2019 ES300H Luxe vehicle was first registered 4/19/2019 and you're right it does not include Apple car play, only blue tooth.
It has ventilated and heated front seats. Its white exterior with ivory interior and im assuming the seats are not leather.
Im buying it with 31k miles from the Toyota dealer who had originally sold and serviced the vehicle for 37,500 euros and is giving 36 month warranty on everything (except tires, oil changes and basic stuff) anywhere in Toyota/ Lexus in Europe which was a big selling point.
Car had 2 previous owners and the second owner only had the car for 2 months but fell in love with the Lexus 2 door sports car and traded it in.
My question is can i add Apple car play? Because i usually just call Serie to play music directions etc. I guess Apple car play just makes it so much easier.
Also because i have not seen the car as is 10 hours away from where i live in France, but they do things different here. First they dont play games with prices. Lucky to get 500 knocked off. Each vehicle must go through and pass inspection prior to being sold. I have seen photos of it, but having a hard time with the interior color being ivory, as the car has white exterior.
My question is again , can i add Apple car play?
Can i upgrade the sound system? if i dont like the standard one it comes with. (its not Lark Levinson / Harman Kardon)
Can i do anything about the info system since its known to be very complicated?
And finally while i appreciate so much technology coming out, i really dont care about it too much, since im 60 and have been retired and care more about enjoying life outdoors and staying healthy in mind and body.
My ultimate car and would buy it again is a 2010-2014 Mercedes CL500 before they changed to the S coupe.
But it's horrible on gas and gas here is 8/gallon and the ABC suspension and general maintenance very expensive, and dont need any stress in dealing with cars.
This will be my first Lexus. In CA and AZ ive always had MB, BMW, Honda Odyssey (great car) The 1994 & 2000 E320 Mercedes were bulletproof without any major issues. The new ones are just a money making machine for the manufacturer as most. Thank again.
Gonna go ahead and stop you right there, don’t get this car. Do not buy a car that you’ll regret buying. Before I bought my fully loaded ES, I had a base model Camry. While it was a fantastic car and I had 0 complaints about it, every time I’d see someone talk about a feature I didn’t have, it made me regret not getting it. Hence why I got the Ultra Luxury with Mark Levinson and all the goodies. Do you really wanna drive around in a car you regret buying?
LexFinally (11-25-22)

Quick Reply: noise from my 300h