ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

2023 Cloudburst Grey ES 300h Luxury

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-22, 01:55 AM
Skynet
Rookie

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by LS500Fan
I like all the hybrid emblems and start button. I think Toyota is stupid for removing the badging and colouring as the world tries to go toward "greener" cars they are looking like old dinosaur gas cars instead of trying to look green. They are already getting roasted hard over their stance on BEVs.
In the past I remember the cars had badges everywere showing "injection", "ABS", "TURBO", "INTERCOOLER", "16v", "5 SPEED", "Airbag" and so on.

As all these features starded to be a standard in the industry, the manufactures started to eliminate them. I think lexus is heading the same direction.

If you analyse Audi, Mercedes and BMW they only mark their EVs and PHEVs, the hybrids they sell donīt have any badges showing it.

I personally think the ES is more elegant without the HYBRID badges.

BTW, congratulations about your Youtube channel. I watched some of your videos. I was considering buying a used Tesla model S instead of the ES and after seeing your experience...thanks good I didnīt.

Regards
Old 12-28-22, 06:57 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,540 Likes on 1,814 Posts

Originally Posted by LexBob2
So, anyone who buys an EV is not normal and ignorant? Really??
The push for EVs by our current administration is ignorant for sure. But we can't get political here so those that prefer an EV go get it. I'll stick with ICE for a bit.
The following 4 users liked this post by mikemu30:
dklanecky1 (12-30-22), F3Woody (12-28-22), glamglam (12-30-22), LS500Fan (12-28-22)
Old 12-28-22, 07:08 AM
r1supersta
Pit Crew

Received 52 Likes on 33 Posts

Interesting turn of conversation...haha

I'm picking up the car today from the shop. PPF and tint done. I'll post pics when I get it.
Old 12-28-22, 07:55 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by mikemu30
The push for EVs by our current administration is ignorant for sure. But we can't get political here so those that prefer an EV go get it. I'll stick with ICE for a bit.
I wasn't questioning the push for EV's and PHEV's one way or another. My point to glamglam was that it was harsh to refer to those who've made the switch or are considering it as not normal or ignorant. It's just not necessary. IMO of course.
The following users liked this post:
GS350Miami (12-30-22)
Old 12-28-22, 07:56 AM
r1supersta
Pit Crew

I wasn't questioning the push for EV's and PHEV's one way or another. My point to glamglam was that it was harsh to refer to those who've made the switch or are considering it as not normal
...but I can't leave until this snow storm passes and the roads are better.
Old 12-28-22, 08:18 AM
LS500Fan
Instructor

Received 520 Likes on 319 Posts

Originally Posted by Skynet
In the past I remember the cars had badges everywere showing "injection", "ABS", "TURBO", "INTERCOOLER", "16v", "5 SPEED", "Airbag" and so on. As all these features starded to be a standard in the industry, the manufactures started to eliminate them. I think lexus is heading the same direction. If you analyse Audi, Mercedes and BMW they only mark their EVs and PHEVs, the hybrids they sell donīt have any badges showing it. I personally think the ES is more elegant without the HYBRID badges.
Good point. I kind of chuckle when I see "V6" badges today. Like 99% of the car buying population doesn't even realize what that means. To me anyway, I think boasting about hybrid / PHEV / etc. is still OK for at least another 5-10 years. Hybrid is not as commonplace as ABS, etc. right now.
BTW, congratulations about your Youtube channel. I watched some of your videos. I was considering buying a used Tesla model S instead of the ES and after seeing your experience...thanks good I didn't Regards
Thanks! I learned an expensive lesson, Teslas are cool but I couldn't tolerate the ownership anymore (quality, service, company policies, hype, etc.). Give me a Tesla powertrain and app in a Lexus ES body and I'd be happy LOL - no silly door handle gimmicks, top quality car overall, etc.
Old 12-28-22, 08:30 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

I wasn't questioning the push for EV's and PHEV's one way or another. My point to glamglam was that it was harsh to refer to those who've made the switch or are considering it as not normal or ignorant. It's just not necessary. IMO of course.
Totally agree. Get one if you want one. Probably works well for those that do lots of short trips.
Old 12-28-22, 08:32 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

In the past I remember the cars had badges everywere showing "injection", "ABS", "TURBO", "INTERCOOLER", "16v", "5 SPEED", "Airbag" and so on.

As all these features starded to be a standard in the industry, the manufactures started to eliminate them. I think lexus is heading the same direction.

If you analyse Audi, Mercedes and BMW they only mark their EVs and PHEVs, the hybrids they sell donīt have any badges showing it.

I personally think the ES is more elegant without the HYBRID badges.

BTW, congratulations about your Youtube channel. I watched some of your videos. I was considering buying a used Tesla model S instead of the ES and after seeing your experience...thanks good I didnīt.

Regards
I know someone who put a TYPE S sticker on his Acura. The only problem - Acura doesn't manufacture the Type S for his model 🙄 😒
Old 12-28-22, 08:40 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,170 Likes on 1,631 Posts

2022 was a big year for EVs. Progress is being made. I suspect 2023 is going to be big big big for EVs. If we have the tech, the infrastructure, why not? And if you argue we don't, well why not work towards it? Of course everyone's use case is different. For example, a long range EV requires a big battery. Big battery=lots of raw materials=bad for environment. So that person should get an EV with a small battery that they can charge frequently for short trips. Also maybe a hybrid is the best of both worlds and uses an even SMALLER battery than a small dedicated BEV. That's even less resources. I don't think the best answer is binary. It's a mixed bag. But I do think less consumption=the better. This can mean combining trips, staying home more often, and driving slower. It can also mean less cars or no car. If I lived in a place like europe, i'd be thrilled to have no car and just rent one when i need one.
Old 12-28-22, 01:10 PM
r1supersta
Pit Crew

Some pics of the dash.

Old 12-28-22, 01:12 PM
r1supersta
Pit Crew

Got the windows tinted and PPF applied on the whole front. Ceramic i3; 15% all around and 56% on the windshield.

Old 12-29-22, 12:27 AM
mike995134
Driver

Received 59 Likes on 33 Posts

We bought a 2022 RXL in the Cloudburst Gray last May and love the depth of the color and the contrast between it and Parchment interior. We had a GX460 in Nebula Gray Pearl but the Cloudburst Gray is a deeper and richer looking color imho.
r1supersta (12-29-22)
Old 12-29-22, 08:03 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

it's also notably darker. someone posted a side by side on the NX sub.
Old 12-29-22, 10:27 AM
kingofire
Advanced

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

That tint doesn't look like its 15%. Mine is 20% and looks noticeably darker than yours.
Old 12-29-22, 10:49 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

depends on interior color too. my interior is light. but i also have a black dog seat cover covering the whole back seat so that further darkens the back, but keeps the light front. light can play all sorts of tricks.
r1supersta (12-31-22)

Quick Reply: 2023 Cloudburst Grey ES 300h Luxury