Yellow line

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-23, 06:09 AM
Mrslady
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Exclamation Yellow line

20 ES350
Love this car so much to the point I enjoy just looking at it . so I haven't been driving much. Go to start it up after sitting 2-3 weeks with no tender on it and she wouldn't start didn't take much to charge it up.
But Now all kind of lights was on.
Parking Asst.
Exclamation
Backup Asst,
and the yellow lines in the Backup camera is missing only the BLUE and RED lines are showing. So how do I go about correcting this?
Old 01-21-23, 07:30 AM
F3Woody
Intermediate

Received 212 Likes on 131 Posts

EDIT: Sorry, I meant the other icon on the right
Can you get the yellow lines back with this option “button”?

Old 01-21-23, 07:38 AM
Mrslady
Pit Crew

I tried that but didn't help.
Old 01-21-23, 08:29 AM
tnw2933
Rookie

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrslady
I tried that but didn't help.
I had the same problem with my 2019 Lexus ES350 after the battery went dead and I charged it. I took it to the dealer who did some kind of reset that fixed everything. I think you should just take it in to your dealer to get this issue fixed.
Tom
Old 01-21-23, 09:21 AM
GabC
Rookie

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

probably need to drive it a bit over 15-20 mph to recalibrate the sensors. unless you already did that.

for the backup camera lines. Park on a leveled ground, set the steering wheel straight, put the car in reverse and then turn the steering wheel all the way to the left then all the way to the right. straighten the steering wheel. the dynamic projected lines should come back. of course keep your foot on the brake. if this doesn’t work, then you’ll have to take it to the dealer.

The following 3 users liked this post by GabC:
BBQapple (01-21-23), TerryNVA (05-01-24), toyotaman7 (01-22-23)
Old 01-21-23, 11:37 AM
tnw2933
Rookie

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by GabC
probably need to drive it a bit over 15-20 mph to recalibrate the sensors. unless you already did that.

for the backup camera lines. Park on a leveled ground, set the steering wheel straight, put the car in reverse and then turn the steering wheel all the way to the left then all the way to the right. straighten the steering wheel. the dynamic projected lines should come back. of course keep your foot on the brake. if this doesn’t work, then you’ll have to take it to the dealer.
Your reply offers good advice. After finding similar advice in the manual, I tried both things you suggested. Putting the car in reverse and turning the steering wheel all the way to the left and then all the way to the right while keeping my foot on the brake did bring back the projected lines but they were not correctly aligned and I still had a caution symbol present. My dealer was quickly able to resolve both issues. Since then I have been careful not to allow my battery to completely drain.
The following 2 users liked this post by tnw2933:
F3Woody (01-21-23), LexFinally (10-20-23)
Old 01-24-23, 11:52 AM
Brianses7
Driver

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I figured out how to properly do this for the 2021 ES350 and it was a bit difficult. They say it's the same as Camry and RAV4 however they forget those cars don't have the same screen as the ES and the touch pad.

So, make sure you have the car on and steering wheel straight. Hold the menu button next to the touch pad and flick your lights on and off 3 times. This will make the infotainment screen go into a service mode.

Now you're going to see many options like, Failure diagnosis, Functions/Check settings, Service information, and product information.

Using the touchpad select functions/check settings, then camera settings, now hold down and press steering angle setting then press next. You should now see 2 options steering center memorize and max steering angle memorize.

Select steering angle memorize and then turn your steering wheel all the way to the left and hold it there. Then press max steering angle memorize, turn the wheel all the way to the right and press max steering angle memorize again and you will hear a beep.

Turn the car off then turn it on and exit the service mode. Put your car in reverse and see the lines! If anyone wants some pictures of what these screens look like I'd be happy to post some this weekend.
The following 6 users liked this post by Brianses7:
bc6152 (09-06-23), Iverwig (12-21-23), KMiles (09-08-23), NYPD (01-26-23), Tamiko (09-05-23), toyotaman7 (01-25-23) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-25-23, 07:54 AM
Mrslady
Pit Crew

If you have Pictures or video i would love to see.

Thanks
Old 09-05-23, 04:32 PM
Tamiko
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Worked like a charm!

That’s for sharing my battery was replaced at The dealer and they forgot to reset. I got home and decided to Google and stumbled across this and it worked. Thank you so much 😊
Old 09-05-23, 05:09 PM
july1988
Intermediate

Received 148 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by Tamiko
That’s for sharing my battery was replaced at The dealer and they forgot to reset. I got home and decided to Google and stumbled across this and it worked. Thank you so much 😊
Was it at a Lexus dealer? Hard to believe they still screw up these standard procedures for common services such as oil-change, tire change and battery change.
Old 09-05-23, 05:12 PM
Tamiko
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by july1988
Was it at a Lexus dealer? Hard to believe they still screw up these standard procedures for common services such as oil-change, tire change and battery change.
yes it was at my local Lexus dealership. They definitely didn’t perform the standard inspection they would have caught that if they did.
Old 09-05-23, 05:27 PM
july1988
Intermediate

Received 148 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by Tamiko
yes it was at my local Lexus dealership. They definitely didn’t perform the standard inspection they would have caught that if they did.
No kidding, when they said they performed a "road test", the "road" that they referred to probably is from where you dropped your car, through a parking lot (if there any) to the service area LOL, check your dashcam if you have it before leaving the dealership, especially if you were in for brake, tire, alignment or one of the major services at 30K/60K/90K etc. Generally, Lexus vehicles are too reliable to the point that the "bad" technicians already know as long as they installed the parts correctly, it will drive good, and they neglect the "road test" part, which is very crucial.
Old 09-08-23, 01:19 PM
KMiles
Pit Crew

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Brianses7
I figured out how to properly do this for the 2021 ES350 and it was a bit difficult. They say it's the same as Camry and RAV4 however they forget those cars don't have the same screen as the ES and the touch pad.

So, make sure you have the car on and steering wheel straight. Hold the menu button next to the touch pad and flick your lights on and off 3 times. This will make the infotainment screen go into a service mode.

Now you're going to see many options like, Failure diagnosis, Functions/Check settings, Service information, and product information.

Using the touchpad select functions/check settings, then camera settings, now hold down and press steering angle setting then press next. You should now see 2 options steering center memorize and max steering angle memorize.

Select steering angle memorize and then turn your steering wheel all the way to the left and hold it there. Then press max steering angle memorize, turn the wheel all the way to the right and press max steering angle memorize again and you will hear a beep.

Turn the car off then turn it on and exit the service mode. Put your car in reverse and see the lines! If anyone wants some pictures of what these screens look like I'd be happy to post some this weekend.
Thank you so much for this! After replacing the battery we've had the exclamation point and the lack of yellow lines. It took me a few tries to get in. I found that the lights have to be in the off position to start and your turn them on and then off three times. The system is fairly slow to respond, so you need to be patient.

Where I got a little lost is on the Camera screen and I don't know what to do, so I did nothing. If you can post any pictures or explanation of what I need to do on the camera screen it would be greatly appreciated.

I no longer have the exclamation point, but I don't have the yellow lines yet, so I'm thinking that is camera related.
Old 09-08-23, 02:10 PM
grp52
Instructor

Received 536 Likes on 375 Posts

Originally Posted by KMiles
I no longer have the exclamation point, but I don't have the yellow lines yet, so I'm thinking that is camera related.
Did you check the "guide line mode" for the reverse camera screen display?

There's three modes each with a different set of line displays.

See pages 183 to 187 of the 2019 Lexus ES 350 Navigation and Multimedia System Owner's Manual (pdf version) for details.
Old 09-08-23, 03:00 PM
KMiles
Pit Crew

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Thanks - I thought I had tried all three modes. I'll go look at the manual.

Quick Reply: Yellow line