ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

[ES Mods/Wheels] Don'tcha hate it when...

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-07, 02:28 PM
Slooooooow
Regional Officer - NTL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry [ES Mods/Wheels] Don'tcha hate it when...

...someone shows up to the party with the same threads as you - and they look better in them than you do?

That's how I felt at one of the local weekly car nuts gatherings last week. I see a gorgeous Audi S4(?) with the same 5Zigen SportsEngine Sc3000s and the look and stance was just SICK.

Little Ole Me:

What specifically, in your opinion could help me get closer to that look and stance?

Last edited by Slooooooow; 08-07-08 at 06:31 PM.
Old 10-29-07, 02:53 PM
sonyman
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Regardless, your car still looks fantastic.
Old 10-29-07, 03:07 PM
charley240
Lexus Test Driver

spacers, cut/roll fenderwells, and lower. simple.
but your car is nice.
Charley
Old 10-29-07, 04:57 PM
maniax
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

clear the corners, smoke the headlights, put spacers on the wheels, JDM custom chrome trim around bottom cladding. Oh and if you have money, respray the whole car mono color.....the new lexus pearl white suits your car very well. It'll look very classy and mean! oh and a windom fender with sidemarker lights would help too
Old 10-29-07, 06:46 PM
BadViper22
Lexus Test Driver

If you really want a mean look, I second that you roll your fenderwalls.
Old 10-29-07, 08:31 PM
charley240
Lexus Test Driver

spacers, lower, and it should look more aggressive. add some camber and it will look even more aggressive.
but it does look nice as is.
Charley
Old 10-29-07, 08:39 PM
Choas
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sloooooow you car looks awesome but if you want more of a show look like the audi. I would say spacers, smoked tails, clear corners, coilovers, eyelids, and if you want to go all out a body kit.
Old 10-29-07, 09:17 PM
es300_2524
Driver School Candidate

damn za audiiii. ur car still looks way sick n the eyelids should give it a little more agressive look
Old 10-30-07, 12:43 AM
tuan92129
Lexus Champion

Well, I have Is 300 rims...so my school has like 3 Is300's in the parking lot, and yeah...all i can afford...are the rims lol
Old 10-30-07, 12:47 AM
juan01
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

hahaha. Yea, I know how you feel.
Old 10-30-07, 06:11 AM
iDrive
Rookie

wsup Slowwww . That Audi does look nice with your rims huh? haha. Anyways, what kind of suspensions did you get again? I think it'd look better if you went a bit... lowerrr. That, eyelids, chamber kit and maybe a monotone pearl white? But regardless man, ur car is still hawt =P OhH and don't forget that front lip on that green 2nd gen windom, yeahhh you know which one I'm talkn about.. The one the everyone of us 2nd gen owners want haha.

Last edited by iDrive; 10-30-07 at 06:15 AM.
Old 10-30-07, 09:13 AM
Slooooooow
Regional Officer - NTL

Cool

I finally get back online after a rough morning of getting into work and here you guys are with such good advice and such nice comments:

Originally Posted by sonyman
Regardless, your car still looks fantastic.
Thank you very much, Sonyman.
Originally Posted by charley240
spacers, cut/roll fenderwells, and lower. simple.
but your car is nice.
Charley
List of improvements duly noted and thank you too, for the kind words!
Originally Posted by maniax
clear the corners, smoke the headlights, put spacers on the wheels, JDM custom chrome trim around bottom cladding. Oh and if you have money, respray the whole car mono color.....the new lexus pearl white suits your car very well. It'll look very classy and mean! oh and a windom fender with sidemarker lights would help too
Suggested items also noted plus I could probably use a nice Car PC eh? Yep. Your threads have inspired me to finally pull the trigger on one of the Carputers I've been studying about on MP3Car.com for so long.
Originally Posted by BadViper22
If you really want a mean look, I second that you roll your fenderwalls.
This item and the spacers appear to be the most suggested. I'm definitely going to look into these first.
Originally Posted by Choas
Sloooooow you car looks awesome but if you want more of a show look like the audi. I would say spacers, smoked tails, clear corners, coilovers, eyelids, and if you want to go all out a body kit.
Wow. Thanks for the "awesome" comment there, Choas! I'd say you can count on me reading up on, and installing some spacers.
Originally Posted by es300_2524
damn za audiiii. ur car still looks way sick n the eyelids should give it a little more agressive look
Yeah, es300_2524, that Audi was/is just gorgeous. It has a lot of the appearance qualities that we ES drivers have always appreciated: classy, nice lines, with a hint of "I-mean-bizness." It was parked next to an NSX and I'd swear it was getting more looks and attention. I've gotta find a place to pick up these eyelids folks keep mentioning.
Originally Posted by iDrive
wsup Slowwww . That Audi does look nice with your rims huh? haha. Anyways, what kind of suspensions did you get again? I think it'd look better if you went a bit... lowerrr. That, eyelids, chamber kit and maybe a monotone pearl white? But regardless man, ur car is still hawt =P OhH and don't forget that front lip on that green 2nd gen windom, yeahhh you know which one I'm talkn about.. The one the everyone of us 2nd gen owners want haha.
I got the KYB GR-2 struts and the H&R sport springs, which give 1.2" drop in the front and 1.3" drop in the back. I still need to measure the settled drop now that it's been a while. Clearly I need a more aggressive drop, but after reading about the outcome of Girlswin's drop in my suspension sticky, I'm shying away from those springs that promise a drop >1.5". It may be time to shop the Ksport coilovers. And yeah, what 2nd gen owner can NOT think about that lip...teh hawtness!

So you folks (almost all of you) who recommended spacers...
  • The point of spacers is to push the wheel edge (sidewalls) outward toward the fender lip, yes?
  • Would you recommend them for the front and back, or just the back?
  • How much of a spacer am I looking at (or is that something you can even guess at)?
  • Where are the more common and safe places to purchase spacers (e.g. any tire shop)?
And finally, the Signature body kit and an accompanying paint job is definitely in the future for my ES!

That's one of the things that makes taking my ES to car shows the most difficult. I've spent tons of cash upgrading and modifying this car, but it's all underneath!!! No one's aware of the time, cash, blood, sweat and tears when it's parked next to my Dallas Lexus bros' GSs and ISs, which are modded-up something fierce.

In fact, the other night, my ES kinda just looked like an onlooker's car parked at the edge of the show-it area; No one could even tell really that it was there to show off. I'd have to park it on two wheels to show the suspension and exhaust upgrades.

Thanks for the kind words and for the advice, my bros. I can always count on the ClubLexus folks for support. I guess we're all in the same "support group"; we're all mentally obsessed over our Lexuses and other cars.

(Oh yeah, I guess some mod money should be going to my LGT one of these days too, eh, Maniax? )

Last edited by Slooooooow; 10-30-07 at 09:16 AM.
Old 10-30-07, 08:57 PM
maniax
Lexus Test Driver

if u got any questions about the carpc let me know

Did you get the accessport for the LGT yet?
Old 10-30-07, 09:01 PM
maniax
Lexus Test Driver

for the spacers, your wheels dont look that tucked in so maybe 15 or 20mm will push it flush with the fender.

I put 15mm spacers on my rear IS rims and it's still not flush with the fender, i should've went with 25 or 30mm.

I got my spacers on ebay. They're call TC Sportline. Quality is not bad.
Old 10-30-07, 09:19 PM
tuan92129
Lexus Champion

for the spacers, your wheels dont look that tucked in so maybe 15 or 20mm will push it flush with the fender.

I put 15mm spacers on my rear IS rims and it's still not flush with the fender, i should've went with 25 or 30mm.

I got my spacers on ebay. They're call TC Sportline. Quality is not bad.
Gahh no wonder ur car still looks better than mine..1 inch drop and spacers
How much were the spacers? And how exactly do they work...does that mean the lug nuts are also out 15mm of thread?

Quick Reply: [ES Mods/Wheels] Don'tcha hate it when...