ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Look wat (what) came in the mail

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-06 | 05:17 PM
Moonsin
Driver

Smile Look what came in the mail (install pics finally)

Last edited by Moonsin; 10-20-06 at 11:16 AM.
Old 10-15-06 | 10:12 PM
shahir18
Instructor

nice... now install them and take pics!!
Old 10-20-06 | 11:14 AM
Moonsin
Driver

Sorry it took a while...the install was pretty easy besides the crimping the wires and such...wasn't hard...just annoying....i didnt have time at all this week to take pics but finally took one today so here it is...

Before:

After:
Old 10-20-06 | 11:36 AM
Choas
Lexus Champion
CL Folding 10,000

Talking Just wow

That looks amazing where did you get that and the e-brake **** and how much?
Old 10-20-06 | 11:47 AM
chrispy

wow that's pretty cool. matches the wood grain pretty well. not sure about the e-brake though. looks great.
Old 10-20-06 | 12:52 PM
Moonsin
Driver

i got the shifter **** at optionsauto.com for around $80. Not cheap i know...i found one for $50 on some website but they only had carbon fiber one and did not have the woodgrain one that i wanted...the ebrake cover is a knockoff of momo one i believe. where as momo one costs around $50 ish this one is lot cheaper...but from wat i've seen looks identical...i thinkit was from....autoaccessoriesstore.com or something like that....
Old 10-20-06 | 01:30 PM
boxlvo
Rookie

I wonder if it matched with the wood trim on 00 ES... Look very nice
Old 10-20-06 | 02:35 PM
XxSC400xX
Pole Position

Nice! It does match the ES wood very well. Does it fit without any modification other than the wires for overdrive? I installed the same lever in my SC a couple years ago and it needed a bit of material inside removed in order to fit properly. Still much better than stock. Although now it seems to be coming apart slightly at the base where the "wood" attaches to the metal. Guess it's time to break out the epoxy and re-glue it.
Old 10-20-06 | 07:47 PM
Maxx941
Lexus Test Driver

Nice, I should look into 1 myself
Old 10-21-06 | 08:10 PM
Moonsin
Driver

Yea...i read about the SC guys having problems installing this shifter....but i didnt have to make any modifications....it was just simply pulling out the old one and slip it on....wire it and i was set
Old 10-21-06 | 08:14 PM
Smitty
Pole Position

Looks good bro. I defintely think its looks better than the stock one. The stock one is just too plain and I think the one you have defintely flows better with the cars interior. Where did u find it btw?
Old 10-22-06 | 08:04 AM
Moonsin
Driver

Originally Posted by Smitty0881
Looks good bro. I defintely think its looks better than the stock one. The stock one is just too plain and I think the one you have defintely flows better with the cars interior. Where did u find it btw?
Just search for good deals....the one i found was at the optionsauto.com...but i do remember some websites with cheaper deals
Old 10-05-07 | 01:00 PM
Slooooooow
Regional Officer - NTL

Question

BizNav, are you still out there?

I just ordered both the Shift **** and the e-brake handle.

What is required to install the shift **** (I've not done this before beyond the screw-on type)? How much of the console/armrest area must be removed to accomplish this?

The ebrake handle looks as though it's an appliqué for the existing OEM handle? Or is it a replacement?

TIA for any help/tips/advice.
Attached Thumbnails Look wat (what) came in the mail-holy-thread-revival-batman.jpg  
Old 10-05-07 | 04:05 PM
Moonsin
Driver

Smile

haha yea i'm still here.....i'm currently in search of a new car since my car crapped out over the summer shortly after my HID install...still runs...but its been a money eating machine for the last couple months ($2200 and counting).

As far as the install is concerned all i needed was flat head and phillips head screw drivers and wire stripper/crimper tool. i didnt remove anything from the center console...

first put the car in neutral or all the way down to L since it'll make your life easier. you'll see two tabs behind the shift ****. pop those out with the flat head. unscrew the two exposed screws. then hold the little side button in and yank out the shifter.(dont worry about ripping the o/d wire unless ur planning on putting the stock shifter back in) do the wiring and the rest as instructed in the manual that comes with the shift **** and you should be set to go. btw the ebrake handle is a stick on not a replacement.
Old 10-05-07 | 07:30 PM
Smitty
Pole Position

Originally Posted by BizNaz
haha yea i'm still here.....i'm currently in search of a new car since my car crapped out over the summer shortly after my HID install...still runs...but its been a money eating machine for the last couple months ($2200 and counting).

As far as the install is concerned all i needed was flat head and phillips head screw drivers and wire stripper/crimper tool. i didnt remove anything from the center console...

first put the car in neutral or all the way down to L since it'll make your life easier. you'll see two tabs behind the shift ****. pop those out with the flat head. unscrew the two exposed screws. then hold the little side button in and yank out the shifter.(dont worry about ripping the o/d wire unless ur planning on putting the stock shifter back in) do the wiring and the rest as instructed in the manual that comes with the shift **** and you should be set to go. btw the ebrake handle is a stick on not a replacement.
Sorry to hear about ur ride bro. Hopefully you'll get it straight soon.

-Smitty

Quick Reply: Look wat (what) came in the mail