ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-11, 05:54 AM
jasn
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default coilovers

I'm looking for coilover suspension, i can use some good recommendations. I have a 98 es.
Old 03-28-11, 06:00 AM
Ls430es300
Rookie

Ksport has good ones but really expensive
Old 03-28-11, 01:48 PM
PlatES300
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

if you want a very smooth ride, go with the Tein SS. They a bit more expensive but the comfort is worth it. You could also get the BC coils. I would get them with a 9k front/7k rear spring rates. Only thing with BC coils is you would have to find a way to secure the ABS and brake lines as the brackets that come with it aren't the right ones. I had ksports before and for the price I'd rather go BC and I really don't recommend the ksports.
Old 03-28-11, 04:06 PM
CircuitMS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What are you looking to get? Sitff, soft, race, street?

We like the BC Racing coilovers as they are versatile and we can do custom setups on them to suit your needs. If you'd like some more info/help shoot us a PM
Old 03-29-11, 12:24 AM
angmedic91
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the K-Sport, bought them last year and havent had any issues with them. I bought them from a vendor here on CL and bought them for just under $900.00 dollars. I would think about getting Megan Coilovers and price is reasonable. If I were to buy coilovers now, I would buy the Megan's, better quality and slightly higher price than K-Sport, but like I said, better quality. Just my 2 cents.
Old 03-29-11, 07:52 AM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

^^ so what's "better" about the Megan's?

I know the first gen of Ksports was junk, and was under the impression the second gen. was 'good'
Old 03-29-11, 09:37 AM
PlatES300
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 01LEXPL
^^ so what's "better" about the Megan's?

I know the first gen of Ksports was junk, and was under the impression the second gen. was 'good'
not sure about the megans but for the price ksports aren't bad. however, they are mad stiff. They were stiffer than the JIC's I had on my car. I'm usually ok with stiff suspension but the ksports drove me nuts. The Tein SS, JIC, and BC Racing are much more compliant. I daily my car on BC's close to 130 miles a day and have no problems with comfort.
Old 03-30-11, 01:41 AM
ESeries300
Driver

I got BC Coils from CircuitMS. I love them.I think they ride just fine. I'd recommend them. Comforts Great with tune options. Only thing was it didnt come with the tophat so i had to decompress them and take the stock ones. Other than that I love them and once i get skinnier tires, im going lower. [daily driver]

Last edited by ESeries300; 03-30-11 at 01:48 AM.
Old 04-04-11, 07:28 AM
jasn
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CircuitMS

We like the BC Racing coilovers as they are versatile and we can do custom setups on them to suit your needs. If you'd like some more info/help shoot us a PM
Its my daily driver so i wld think street.
Old 12-04-11, 11:08 AM
jasn
Driver School Candidate

thanks guys that info will help out alot.
I was thinking of going with either K-sport, bc or j.i.c..
what about d2?
Old 12-04-11, 11:13 AM
jasn
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CircuitMS

I've been to the site and didn't c the es listed at all.
Old 12-04-11, 03:47 PM
Jeremy-KY
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

BC Coils for the Toyota Camry will fit the ES300, they do have a kit made for the ES300, (it can be found on BC Racing's UK website) however be warned this kit does not have upper mounts so you may want to keep that in mind.
Old 12-04-11, 05:36 PM
EEngineer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

the ones i got for the camry fits just fine just get the 94+ model and it comes with pillow ball mounts and the entire deal.
only thing is, if i max out the front, i can only slightly tuck my tires....to go lower, u need a set of shorter springs.

first gen ksport is garbage, none of the shocks last over a year. second gen is just fine but the shocks are overdamping, so the ride is pretty rough. however, ksport offers different lines of products, their higher lines of coilovers are pretty much the best u can get except they cost 2.5k+
Old 12-05-11, 09:00 PM
PlatES300
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Jeremy-KY
BC Coils for the Toyota Camry will fit the ES300, they do have a kit made for the ES300, (it can be found on BC Racing's UK website) however be warned this kit does not have upper mounts so you may want to keep that in mind.
using stock mounts isn't a bad thing. they make the ride much smoother compared to the pillow ball mounts. with pillow ball mounts, you feel everything and it can get annoying after a while. just saying from past experience.
Old 12-05-11, 09:45 PM
Jeremy-KY
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PlatES300
using stock mounts isn't a bad thing. they make the ride much smoother compared to the pillow ball mounts. with pillow ball mounts, you feel everything and it can get annoying after a while. just saying from past experience.
Yes, this is indeed true, however if your like me and purchase brand new mounts, instead of using your original mounts it could end up being an additional cost you'll need to factor in, when you decide to purchase a set of coilovers.

I purchased new mounts for my own kit, and its a good thing that I did, as the mounts on the original suspension of my car were pretty much shot.

I also found out that stock mounts also made alignment very easy, the alignment shop I went to, didn't have to do anything at all to my alignment, everything was within spec, the only thing that needed adjusting for me was the rear toe.

Quick Reply: coilovers