ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

2007 ES350 Stereo/Headunit install

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-12, 04:48 PM
ChristianM
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking 2007 ES350 Stereo/Headunit install

Hey guys, been doing alot of reading on here and looking for ways to install a nav system in my non-nav ES350. I ended up following Robert_J's install log for the head unit, came out preety good. There will be some modifications to the fitting kit later on, probably the addition of some wood grain or vinyl wrapping, but that will be dealt with later on. Sorry for the terrible cell-phone picture, i will take better ones as I install more goodies into the car. The system will consist of the following:

Kenwood DNX9980 Headunit (installed)
Focal 6.5" access midbass
Focal 1" polyglass tweeter
Focal 6x9 access rearfill
20 SQ. FT of AlphaDamp sound deadening for the door/trunk
Custom sealed 12" enclosure, 1.4 cubic feet
Kicker 12L7
MMATS 1600.1 monoblock amp

The only other additions to the car since I bought it a few months ago have been 6000K HID headlights and 3000K fog lights. Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks to Robert_J for the headunit install instruction, it was kind of tricky to get it done, his walk through was very accurate and helpful.
Attached Thumbnails 2007 ES350 Stereo/Headunit install-toronto-20120204-00166.jpg   2007 ES350 Stereo/Headunit install-img-20120910-00302.jpg  
Old 09-11-12, 08:37 AM
Robert_J
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ChristianM
Thanks to Robert_J for the headunit install instruction, it was kind of tricky to get it done, his walk through was very accurate and helpful.
I'm glad I could help.

How does it sound? I would have loved to go with something like Focal or Dynaudio but I was on a budget. What adapters did you use? PAC? Metra?

If you have any additional tips, please add them to my thread.
Old 09-16-12, 03:33 PM
bluberryES
Rookie

Where did you find that dash kit I've been looking for one?
Old 09-16-12, 07:15 PM
jacobjohn
Driver

hey man, nice step up! I hope your future projects work out for you as well!! Just got a quick question that is off topic....where did you get those fog lights?! looks like a pretty nice 3k
Old 09-17-12, 04:36 PM
ChristianM
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys, apparently i don't get email notification since i havn't been on CL for long x_x. As for robert_j's question, i ended up using the PAC harnesses just as you did, it simply made more sense after i looked at the wiring diagrams for both. The only tip i have is be very careful when you're reassembling the dash and reconnecting the woodgrain around the shifter, the bottom on the fitting kit is pretty thin and it looks like it's going to break. I just used a socked and a piece of cardboard behind it and put a bit of force so it wouldn't break.

BlueberryES, i got the kit from aliexpress.com, just as robert did. It took about a month for it to to get here, i believe there are several links to sellers on robert's thread and they cost about 70$ with shipping and everything. They dont come with any instructions so make sure you've read robert's walkthrough lol

Jacobjohn, i got them from a local supplier in toronto, I can check on the brand later on today but I dont believe they're anything special. They do have a 20second warm-up time but thats not bad for 3K HID's lol
Old 09-17-12, 06:11 PM
Robert_J
Lead Lap

I got my kit from Ebay. I'm sure the guy that sold it bought a bunch from aliexpress but round that the demand isn't that great for them. I think I was his 3rd or 4th buyer of the kits.
Old 09-17-12, 07:13 PM
bluberryES
Rookie

Originally Posted by ChristianM
Hey guys, apparently i don't get email notification since i havn't been on CL for long x_x. As for robert_j's question, i ended up using the PAC harnesses just as you did, it simply made more sense after i looked at the wiring diagrams for both. The only tip i have is be very careful when you're reassembling the dash and reconnecting the woodgrain around the shifter, the bottom on the fitting kit is pretty thin and it looks like it's going to break. I just used a socked and a piece of cardboard behind it and put a bit of force so it wouldn't break.

BlueberryES, i got the kit from aliexpress.com, just as robert did. It took about a month for it to to get here, i believe there are several links to sellers on robert's thread and they cost about 70$ with shipping and everything. They dont come with any instructions so make sure you've read robert's walkthrough lol

Jacobjohn, i got them from a local supplier in toronto, I can check on the brand later on today but I dont believe they're anything special. They do have a 20second warm-up time but thats not bad for 3K HID's lol
Thanx man I can't wait to get one so I can change my headunit