EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

Arrived...2023 Model Y in Black

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-23, 09:21 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Received 2,251 Likes on 1,754 Posts

Yesterday Tesla delivered by OTA software version 2023.26.7 which under description says "Minor Fixes". It feels like to me that they made improvements to throttle response, the pedal felt a bit lighter this morning and the Y felt more lively
Old 08-16-23, 03:10 PM
jrmckinley
Pole Position

Received 409 Likes on 277 Posts

Amirza's experience servicing his Tesla at a physical location is really cool. This is yet another example that shows to me how much Tesla focuses on the end user experience, with the VAST majority of that happening through the use of technology. When you think of what is happening behind the scenes to make that a seamless experience, it's pretty awesome. Once again, I believe Tesla is primarily a software and tech company..they also make cars.
The following users liked this post:
AMIRZA786 (08-16-23)
Old 08-16-23, 07:30 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

One other thing I want to mention about the service on my Y I had from Tesla yesterday, I suspect they did more than what they told me. Not only is the rattle gone, but the suspension feel has improved drastically. I did feel that the suspension was a bit on the stiffer side, especially when hitting rough roads. I thought that was just how the suspension setup on the Y was. But today hitting the same roads, the suspension was nice and supple! Also I remember there was something yellow that was visible on the suspension, now it's gone! I'm thinking those buggers forgot to remove the shipping blocks after delivery, and did it yesterday and didn't want to tell me! There are a couple of reasons I think this is the case:

They told me everything was fine, no warranty repair was needed, yet rattle is gone

They told me they charge $250 for diagnostics unless something covered under warranty is repaired, but decided to waive it, even though no warranty repair was done

Car now has no rattle, and now has better suspension feel after "no repairs" were done

This makes sense to me because I have friends who had to take their cars back to the dealership because they forgot to take out the shipping blocks. Anyway, everything worked out in the end
Old 08-16-23, 07:41 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3,055 Likes on 2,567 Posts

Ha, crazy blunder if true. What else could it have been there is no software aka air adjustable suspension on the Y. But they should have told you.
AMIRZA786 (08-16-23)
Old 08-16-23, 07:57 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LeX2K
Ha, crazy blunder if true. What else could it have been there is no software aka air adjustable suspension on the Y. But they should have told you.
What else could it be? They said all they did was adjust the passenger seat belt a little, but that wouldn't fix ride quality. And why would they wave the diagnostics fee if they didn't perform warranty repairs? Not a big deal, but I'm convinced they did something and just didn't want to appear stupid
Old 08-16-23, 08:06 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
Not a big deal, but I'm convinced they did something and just didn't want to appear stupid
Or someone didn't want to get in trouble (or get someone in trouble) or lose their job.
Old 08-18-23, 03:02 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

This makes sense to me because I have friends who had to take their cars back to the dealership because they forgot to take out the shipping blocks. Anyway, everything worked out in the end
that would be my guess.
AMIRZA786 (08-18-23)
Old 08-18-23, 09:52 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Looks like another conquest sell for Tesla. My coworker just put his 2019 3-Series up for sale, and will be using the proceeds as a downpayment for either a Model Y Long Range or Performance. And all it took was "hey, you want to take mine out for a quick spin" to pull him away from 20 years of BMW ownership. I actually feel a bit guilty, but I'm getting $1000 in Tesla referral credits to ease the pain
Old 08-18-23, 10:01 AM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Bruh you've been bribed how dare you.

Friend of mine desperately needs a new car they flat out refuse to drive a Tesla. I know as soon as they drive mine they'll be hooked but I can't think of a way to force him to drive. Maybe we'll go somewhere and I'll pretend to have some sort of medical issue.
Old 08-18-23, 10:14 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Bruh you've been bribed how dare you.

Friend of mine desperately needs a new car they flat out refuse to drive a Tesla. I know as soon as they drive mine they'll be hooked but I can't think of a way to force him to drive. Maybe we'll go somewhere and I'll pretend to have some sort of medical issue.
He won't even drive it? My co worker was reluctant to drive mine at first, but after taking out on the road, he kept coming back to my desk with all kinds of questions on how the order process works. I knew he was hooked the second he pulled out the parking lot
Old 08-18-23, 10:18 AM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

He won't even drive it?
Nope. Has this construct in his head about how EVs are super dirty and in general horrible for the planet.

Old 08-18-23, 10:26 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Nope. Has this construct in his head about how EVs are super dirty and in general horrible for the planet.
I have another co worker that predicted that the earth is going to be ravaged by mining for rare earth minerals and EV batteries were going to end up filling up landfills. He told me this while tossing a few AA Duracell batteries in the trash can....
Old 08-18-23, 11:14 AM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

I have another co worker that predicted that the earth is going to be ravaged by mining for rare earth minerals and EV batteries were going to end up filling up landfills. He told me this while tossing a few AA Duracell batteries in the trash can....
Emotions over facts for some. No matter what I tell my friend doesn't matter the die is cast.
Old 08-19-23, 04:40 AM
Bob04
Lead Lap

Received 271 Likes on 195 Posts

Well, to be fair, some of that emotion is the over-correction because the green crowd playing a little loosey goosey with the "facts" for a long time. That, and the fact that EVs in their current state of development are a great option for some people, but not everyone. So the "not everyone" group doesn't really want to be forced into using them.

Last edited by Bob04; 08-19-23 at 04:44 AM.
Old 08-19-23, 12:05 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Bob04
Well, to be fair, some of that emotion is the over-correction because the green crowd playing a little loosey goosey with the "facts" for a long time. That, and the fact that EVs in their current state of development are a great option for some people, but not everyone. So the "not everyone" group doesn't really want to be forced into using them.
I've said this to you many times, no one should be forced into buying anything they don't want to. And I totally agree, EV's are not for everyone. But the "green crowd" you refer to is a small vocal group that has nothing to do with why people buy EV's. I'm not going to get into politics here, but I'm not part of that crowd you mentioned, and neither is my co worker. I didn't transition into buying EV's because of politics, to save the earth, or to cut down on emissions...the last point just happens to be a side effect. It was purely for performance and driving dynamics, and I admit, no more visits to the gas station

I've always respected your views and always will, but you really shouldn't get into the heads and motivations of why people like me decided on buying EV's. It's like saying people who buy trucks have low IQ's and buy them to purposely pollute, I've just made a huge generalization, which is not fair to truck drivers as group

Quick Reply: Arrived...2023 Model Y in Black