EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

Arrived...2023 Model Y in Black

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-24, 09:09 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Received 2,151 Likes on 1,672 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
thanks. they're not even remotely close.

temu plastic junk: 2030 psi and 1.78gpm
amazon unit: 3800 psi and 2.4gpm

however, the amazon unit's claimed '3800 psi' has some questioning it.

i should have known since it's a plugin electric one it wouldn't be very powerful.

you get what you pay for. i know you're cheap but friends don't let friends buy junk.

go for something reputable or at least read some decent reviews...

https://www.bobvila.com/articles/best-pressure-washer/
Haha I would never buy this off of Temu .. thanks for caring though 🤣. I would probably get one from Costco when they become available
Old 06-19-24, 08:13 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

This Friday, my wife and daughter and going to Southern Cal for a visit, and guess which car they are taking? You only get one . To push her buttons, I told her she should take the Ioniq (it has free charging), but she is refusing, she and my daughter don't want to deal with EA. So, you don't want me to buy another Tesla, huh? You don't want me to give Elon business, and yet you are insisting on taking the Model Y. Hypocrites 🤣
Old 06-19-24, 10:15 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,935 Likes on 2,471 Posts

Elon man bad until you need Elon products and services. Resistance is futile.
The following users liked this post:
AMIRZA786 (06-19-24)
Old 06-20-24, 04:09 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,440 Likes on 1,600 Posts

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
she and my daughter don't want to deal with EA.
i find it hard to believe EA is that bad there. they're growing like crazy.

more details here: https://media.electrifyamerica.com/en-us/releases/244

So, you don't want me to buy another Tesla, huh? You don't want me to give Elon business, and yet you are insisting on taking the Model Y. Hypocrites 🤣
your wife is not a fan of elon musk, huh? seriously though, why?
Old 06-20-24, 06:00 AM
swajames
Pole Position

Received 680 Likes on 425 Posts

I haven’t had to fast charge much, but when I have I haven’t really had any issues with EA.
Old 06-20-24, 06:26 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 767 Likes on 536 Posts

What EA doesn't mention in that graphic is uptime
AMIRZA786 (06-20-24)
Old 06-20-24, 07:37 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

i find it hard to believe EA is that bad there. they're growing like crazy.

more details here: https://media.electrifyamerica.com/en-us/releases/244

your wife is not a fan of elon musk, huh? seriously though, why?
With the amount of EV'S we have here, and with people taking advantage of free charging plans, they are overwhelmed. A couple of weeks ago I took my Polestar to the EA near my house (Berryessa EA) and two out of three chargers were not working, even though they showed they were online, on the screen and in the app. Spent 30 minutes on the phone with support before I gave up. In the meantime, several people came and went trying to use the other charger. These were the "new" 350 kW chargers recently installed 😞

She doesn't hate or like him, I think she just says stuff like he's crazy just to get a rise out of me. Wives 🤣
Old 06-20-24, 07:37 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by swajames
I haven’t had to fast charge much, but when I have I haven’t really had any issues with EA.
​​​​​Take a trip to SoCal and we'll talk
Old 06-20-24, 11:06 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

​​​​​Take a trip to SoCal and we'll talk
or take a trip to florida and georgia and no issues. as they say your mileage may vary.
AMIRZA786 (06-20-24)
Old 06-20-24, 11:21 AM
swajames
Pole Position

Received 680 Likes on 425 Posts

I can only report on what I've experienced - and I haven't had any issues.
Old 06-20-24, 11:50 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by swajames
I can only report on what I've experienced - and I haven't had any issues.
That's all good and well, if you are just driving around town and need to occasionally Fast charge it's fine, but try travelling. Also try using EA in over crowded SoCal. When I used to take my Polestar to SoCal, I always had to plan for the unexpected. Like several chargers being offline or running at 30 to 50 kW because EA had to force them to operate in "fail-safe" mode. The closest EA to my brothers house is the Ontario EA which only has 8 chargers, is 14 miles away, always crowded so minimum 2 hours to go there, charge and come back.

I'm not complaining, BTW, I would still rather drive an EV and put up with the inconveniences of having to use EA or one of it's rivals, but thankfully my Model Y takes away that inconvenience. Travelling is a no brainer, which is why my wife and daughter are taking the Y. Only one time I ever had an inconvenience was when I visited my aunt earlier this year who lives in a small mountain town with two Tesla travel chargers that are not ideally located
Old 06-20-24, 03:23 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

With the amount of EV'S we have here, and with people taking advantage of free charging plans, they are overwhelmed.
overwhelmed doesn't have to mean unreliable, and in one sense that's a good problem to have (plenty of growth opportunity).

A couple of weeks ago I took my Polestar to the EA near my house (Berryessa EA) and two out of three chargers were not working, even though they showed they were online, on the screen and in the app. Spent 30 minutes on the phone with support before I gave up. In the meantime, several people came and went trying to use the other charger. These were the "new" 350 kW chargers recently installed 😞
that's a bad experience for sure. curious, why did you have to use a local charger when you can charge at home?

that charging station has 2 google reviews from a year ago. one bad one good. 2nd one is ironic.

That's all good and well, if you are just driving around town and need to occasionally Fast charge it's fine,
it wasn't for you.

but try travelling. Also try using EA in over crowded SoCal. When I used to take my Polestar to SoCal, I always had to plan for the unexpected. Like several chargers being offline or running at 30 to 50 kW because EA had to force them to operate in "fail-safe" mode. The closest EA to my brothers house is the Ontario EA which only has 8 chargers, is 14 miles away, always crowded so minimum 2 hours to go there, charge and come back.
doesn't your brother also have an ev and charging at home? about EA, i've no doubt they will get these problems solved and are solving them as we speak.

Old 06-20-24, 03:37 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

that's a bad experience for sure. curious, why did you have to use a local charger when you can charge at home?

that charging station has 2 google reviews from a year ago. one bad one good. 2nd one is ironic.

doesn't your brother also have an ev and charging at home? .
My son had forgot to plug in the car the night before, and I had about 40 percent SoC. I drove pretty far that day to a Tesla showroom to see the Model 3 Performance, and I had about 20 percent SoC, so decided to charge at the EA near my house. Didn't work out, so went home and charged anyway

That second review doesn't inspire much confidence LoL 🤣

Yes, now my brother has a Tesla and recently installed a home charger. I would just need to get an adapter if I wanted to charge either our Polestar or Ioniq 5. But that said, I don't really want to deal with EA chargers while travelling, so I would rather just take my Model Y, which makes traveling as easy as using a gas car
Old 06-20-24, 03:40 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

irony you were driving a polestar to check out a tesla.

I don't really want to deal with EA chargers while travelling, so I would rather just take my Model Y, which makes traveling as easy as using a gas car
makes sense but thing can and do change and improve. but then the polestar will be gone from your fleet soon i think (?) and another tesla in place.
Old 06-20-24, 03:49 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

irony you were driving a polestar to check out a tesla.

makes sense but thing can and do change and improve. but then the polestar will be gone from your fleet soon i think (?) and another tesla in place.
That's what I'm hoping for. Yes, Polestar will be gone in Jan, and soon after replaced by another Tesla...a Model 3 Performance

"irony you were driving a polestar to check out a tesla"

Haha yeah, I guess you can say that

Quick Reply: Arrived...2023 Model Y in Black