EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

Tesla Business and News Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-24 | 02:42 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
It's not about trusting Delaware. I only gave reasons why companies incorporate there, because of tax benefits, which is the reason Tesla incorporated there in the first place, the same reasons as almost every Silicon Valley company has.

I can't speak on anything else including the lawsuit or the size of the compensation package, I'm no expert in this and I would only be offering my opinion. The only thing I'm sure of is Elon will get his compensation package. It may not be the amount he wants, but I can say with full surety that he will remain one of the wealthiest human beings in the world
Those Delaware benefits sure worked out great for Tesla didn't they. $5 billion dollars to a law firm, $5 billion they could have sunk back into R&D.
Old 03-04-24 | 02:49 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LeX2K
Those Delaware benefits sure worked out great for Tesla didn't they. $5 billion dollars to a law firm, $5 billion they could have sunk back into R&D.
I don't think those lawyers are getting anywhere near $5B. That would be insane. Lets let it play out and see what they actually get before we start screaming bloody hell
Old 03-04-24 | 03:26 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

I don't think those lawyers are getting anywhere near $5B. That would be insane. Lets let it play out and see what they actually get before we start screaming bloody hell
I looked it up for settlements over $1 billion the lawyer fee is typically 10.5%.
Old 03-04-24 | 03:37 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

I looked it up for settlements over $1 billion the lawyer fee is typically 10.5%.
I was just reading an article on this, and if (if is a big question) they got the $5.6 Billion, it wouldn't even show up on Tesla's balance sheet and it would be fully tax deductible.

But again, I doubt they are going to get anywhere near this amount. It would be the biggest corporate settlement in history, lawyers who sued Enron got $688 Million
Old 03-04-24 | 03:50 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Only real risk for Tesla stock is if Elon doesn't get his comp package restored if that happens I think he will leave Tesla. Would not blame him one bit he worked himself nearly to death and got paid zero.
We have different definitions of zero lol
Old 03-04-24 | 03:56 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

The Cyber Truck thread is up one level

Last edited by AMIRZA786; 03-04-24 at 04:06 PM.
Old 03-04-24 | 03:57 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

I think that counts as "Tesla News"
Old 03-04-24 | 03:58 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SW17LS
I think that counts as "Tesla News"
There's a Cyber truck thread for this
Old 03-04-24 | 04:00 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Cybertruck is not rusting it's the same type of iron fallout that you see on painted vehicles. Difference is you can easily remove them on Cybertruck if they dwell on a painted surface for some time the damage is permanent.
I was just reading an article on this, and if (if is a big question) they got the $5.6 Billion, it wouldn't even show up on Tesla's balance sheet and it would be fully tax deductible.

But again, I doubt they are going to get anywhere near this amount. It would be the biggest corporate settlement in history, lawyers who sued Enron got $688 Million
There has never been a comp package voided by a Delaware court never mind at this level. You can't go on any precedent at all.

Last edited by LeX2K; 03-04-24 at 04:05 PM.
Old 03-04-24 | 04:51 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

There has never been a comp plan at this level
Old 03-04-24 | 06:07 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Cybertruck is not rusting it's the same type of iron fallout that you see on painted vehicles. Difference is you can easily remove them on Cybertruck if they dwell on a painted surface for some time the damage is permanent.

There has never been a comp package voided by a Delaware court never mind at this level. You can't go on any precedent at all.
I think you just stumbled on the key here, which is the text in bold. Again, I'm no expert so anything I say is only opinion. If you ask me as an investor if he should get $56 B in compensation, that a lot of freaking money.

Let me take a different approach. Now I'm no Elon (duh), but I've done a hell of a lot for my company, including designing and building it's infrastructure from the ground up, and that's for three geographic locations. I work 6 days a week, I keep all three locations monitored and patched. Last year our stock underperformed, so I didn't get my yearly bonus, nor did I get my yearly restricted stock units, and I won't get either until our stock reaches above $11. Also our CEO to boost morale for all the employees, gave up his compensation until the stock performs above $11.

So what does that have to do with Elon's compensation? Well, as a Tesla investor, the stock has significantly tanked. And I blame some of it on him. Not all, but some. So if the stock was above $300 or $400, as a shareholder I would be all for him getting what he's asking for. But as long as the stock is underperforming, that's a lot of money he's asking for.

Just my 2 cents
Old 03-04-24 | 06:40 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

So what does that have to do with Elon's compensation? Well, as a Tesla investor, the stock has significantly tanked. And I blame some of it on him. Not all, but some. So if the stock was above $300 or $400, as a shareholder I would be all for him getting what he's asking for. But as long as the stock is underperforming, that's a lot of money he's asking for.

Just my 2 cents
Since Elon inked his comp package the stock has not tanked in 2018 TSLA was under $20. Explain to me how anyone that bought shares back then can show damages.
Old 03-04-24 | 07:20 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Since Elon inked his comp package the stock has not tanked in 2018 TSLA was under $20. Explain to me how anyone that bought shares back then can show damages.
The Comp package and stock tanking have nothing to do with one another. The litigation was over the compensation package.

As far as you're second question, that's above my pay grade I'm afraid

Last edited by AMIRZA786; 03-04-24 at 07:23 PM.
Old 03-04-24 | 07:42 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

The Comp package and stock tanking have nothing to do with one another. The litigation was over the compensation package.

As far as you're second question, that's above my pay grade I'm afraid
You said his compensation package should be in question because in your words the stock "significantly tanked". That is false, it did not.
And I blame some of it on him. Not all, but some. So if the stock was above $300 or $400, as a shareholder I would be all for him getting what he's asking for. But as long as the stock is underperforming, that's a lot of money he's asking for.
His compensation package was based on performance goals. They were met. I voted for it, I voted for the board members that approved it. You say the comp package has nothing to do with stock price then at the same time say at $400 the package is valid but now not so much.

Here is how the filing opens:
Was the richest person int he world overpaid? The stockholder plaintiff in this derivative lawsuit says so.
Now tell me how the stock and the compensation package have nothing to do with each other in the lawsuit.

Old 03-04-24 | 08:01 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

You said his compensation package should be in question because in your words the stock "significantly tanked". That is false, it did not.

His compensation package was based on performance goals. They were met. I voted for it, I voted for the board members that approved it. You say the comp package has nothing to do with stock price then at the same time say at $400 the package is valid but now not so much.

Here is how the filing opens:

Now tell me how the stock and the compensation package have nothing to do with each other in the lawsuit.
​​​​​​That was my personal opinion of what I think, and I made that clear. I've already said my piece on this, I don't want to repeat it again.

The stock was nearly $300 earlier in the year. Today it was $188. That's a pretty significantly drop in my book. Not a big deal, I know it will eventually go back up like it always does.

I'm simply not going to get into any speculation if Elon's compensation package is right or wrong. I have my own family and finances to worry about. I'm not going to cry over a billionaire who didn't get what he wanted

Quick Reply: Tesla Business and News Thread