EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

Tesla Business and News Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-24, 08:31 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3,026 Likes on 2,542 Posts

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
​​​​​​The stock was nearly $300 earlier in the year. Today it was $188. That's a pretty significantly drop in my book. Not a big deal, I know it will eventually go back up like it always does.
What did R. J. Scaringe tweet out that caused RIVN stock to tank 95%? What about Lucid, Polestar, Fisker.... or how about Meta it wasn't long ago that was tanking. Guess what golden stock tanked around the same time frame. Nvidia. And less than 3 years ago the stock was $120 I must have missed the shareholder lawsuits.
I'm simply not going to get into any speculation if Elon's compensation package is right or wrong. I have my own family and finances to worry about. I'm not going to cry over a billionaire who didn't get what he wanted
Elon got what shareholders and the BODs agreed on. And did so even though it was said by basically every person on the planet that his comp package was impossible to achieve. In 2017 TSLA set a record for a stock most shorted that is when Elon was negotiating his comp package.

BTW I've read the legal filing the entire thing is based on 20/20 hindsight.
Old 03-04-24, 08:46 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Received 2,208 Likes on 1,718 Posts

Originally Posted by LeX2K
What did R. J. Scaringe tweet out that caused RIVN stock to tank 95%? What about Lucid, Polestar, Fisker.... or how about Meta it wasn't long ago that was tanking. Guess what golden stock tanked around the same time frame. Nvidia. And less than 3 years ago the stock was $120 I must have missed the shareholder lawsuits.

Elon got what shareholders and the BODs agreed on. And did so even though it was said by basically every person on the planet that his comp package was impossible to achieve. In 2017 TSLA set a record for a stock most shorted that is when Elon was negotiating his comp package.

BTW I've read the legal filing the entire thing is based on 20/20 hindsight.
As I recall, the lawsuit is based on the size of his compensation package, not the stock price. It's that incorrect?

I don't own any of those stocks, missed the Nvidia train.

I just don't see the point of stressing over this. Is it that important to either you or I that Elon becomes $56 Billion dollars richer or not? Is there some cut that we missed out on? If it's some miscarriage of justice, it doesn't affect our lives. At least not mine. I just can't feel sorry for someone that wealthy, wither it be Elon, Bezos, Zuckerberg or any other Billionaire
The following users liked this post:
Mike728 (03-05-24)
Old 03-04-24, 09:00 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

As I recall, the lawsuit is based on the size of his compensation package, not the stock price. It's that incorrect?
Can you think of a reason a shareholder would sue over a compensation plan if it was not about their stock?
Is it that important to either you or I that Elon becomes $56 Billion dollars richer or not?
It could not be more important. If Elon does not get rewarded for what he, shareholders and board agreed to then there is a risk of him walking away from Tesla. If that doesn't stress you out as a shareholder then I don't know what will.
Old 03-04-24, 09:21 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,751 Likes on 1,968 Posts

Elon isn’t going to walk away from Tesla. I think it’s perfectly reasonable as a shareholder to be concerned with corporate expenditures.

At the end of the day, what does he need with another $50B? I own a couple of businesses and I could extract more compensation from those businesses than I do but it wouldn’t be healthy for them…and I don’t need it I make enough money.

If Elon cares so little about Tesla he would walk away because he couldn’t get $50B when he’s already worth $210B, let him go. Nobody is irreplaceable.
Old 03-04-24, 09:27 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Can you think of a reason a shareholder would sue over a compensation plan if it was not about their stock?

It could not be more important. If Elon does not get rewarded for what he, shareholders and board agreed to then there is a risk of him walking away from Tesla. If that doesn't stress you out as a shareholder then I don't know what will.
The reason I don't stress out about this issue...I just have way too much on my plate. And Im pretty confident it's going to all work out in the end. No way he walks away from the company that put him on the map. I stand by that.

If he does over $50b, than what everyone is saying about him would be true, that would make him petty

Last edited by AMIRZA786; 03-04-24 at 09:31 PM.
Old 03-04-24, 09:40 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

If he does over $50b, than what everyone is saying about him would be true, that would make him petty
If you got paid zero for the last 6 years at your job would you stay? You're not that petty are you to up and quit.
Old 03-04-24, 09:46 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

If you got paid zero for the last 6 years at your job would you stay? You're not that petty are you to up and quit.
No, but I'm not worth a few hundred billion. I simply couldn't afford to, I have a mortgage and a family to feed. But if I was a CEO or founder in a company as important as Tesla, and I was worth even a few million, you bet your bottom dollar i wouldn't walk away.

Give me a compensation package work half a billion, and I'm a happy camper

Last edited by AMIRZA786; 03-04-24 at 09:50 PM.
Old 03-04-24, 09:57 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

It's not only about the money. If you agreed on a contract worked your *** off for 6 years then had it taken away from you, well you'd feel very cheated. And so you should. I once had a business partner steal from our company, and even though I got it all back it still bothers me to this day. I can't imagine how if must feel to have your entire contract wiped out giving you nothing.
Old 03-04-24, 09:58 PM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 96 Likes on 68 Posts

Salary is a very small part of the compensation of an owner/ceo. If he was JUST an employee, that's different.

He has certainly profited personally in a massive way from his involvement at Tesla and will continue to do so.

AMIRZA786 (03-04-24)
Old 03-04-24, 10:12 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

It's not only about the money. If you agreed on a contract worked your *** off for 6 years then had it taken away from you, well you'd feel very cheated. And so you should. I once had a business partner steal from our company, and even though I got it all back it still bothers me to this day. I can't imagine how if must feel to have your entire contract wiped out giving you nothing.
Elon will never be destitute. Six years of no pay, and he's the third richest man in the world. Bought a social media company for $44B like I bought my last car. He'll renegotiate a new compensation package, and he'll be even richer.

I swear on God, I wish I had Elon's problem. I'll trade his for mine if he'll do it
Old 03-04-24, 10:30 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

I swear on God, I wish I had Elon's problem. I'll trade his for mine if he'll do it
Are you sure? You'd be working 14+ hours day, often never leaving work. You'd be attacked by the current *censored* at every turn. You'd be sued constantly. Armed security needed wherever you went because crazy people enabled by the hatestream media want you dead. You'd be managing 4+ businesses at once. I don't think you would actually sign up for that.
Elon will never be destitute.
There is another person in the public eye......never mind.
bitkahuna (03-05-24)
Old 03-05-24, 05:44 AM
swajames
Pole Position

Received 707 Likes on 442 Posts

So how, exactly, can someone wistfully lament Musk having to work 14 hour days because he has to manage four businesses,without acknowledging that by definition this must mean that he can't be paying anything like his full attention to the one that he wants to pay him $56 billion?

And back to Musk having to work 14 hour days, how much time might Musk have had to deliver value for Tesla shareholders to begin to justify the compensation award if valuable time wasn't being spent posting questionable material on twitter, engaging in other pointless interactions on twitter and falling out with his customers on twitter?

How can someone credibly bemoan the waste of the supposed $5bn in legal fees by pointing out how much R&D that $5bn would have funded, yet not acknowledge the small matter of just how much R&D the $56bn that Musk wanted Tesla to pay him would have funded?

And let's also recognize the sleight of hand in lamenting Musk supposedly now having to work for free because of the judgment when, in actuality, he will be paid when the Tesla board and compensation committee do their job and implement a revised plan that doesn't breach all kinds of fiduciary duty to shareholders.
Old 03-05-24, 06:08 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,751 Likes on 1,968 Posts

The reason I don't stress out about this issue...I just have way too much on my plate. And Im pretty confident it's going to all work out in the end. No way he walks away from the company that put him on the map. I stand by that.

Exactly, the idea that we as ordinary people should be worried about the pay of a billionaire CEO is absurd. “He might leave” why do we care?

As someone who has started multiple businesses, I’ve done LOTS of work without getting paid.

And he gets paid, don’t be silly. He gets massive amounts of stock that is incredibly valuable with huge tax advantages. He didn’t become the worlds richest person by not getting paid lol

I simply cannot describe how little I care about what Elon or any CEO gets paid. “It might hurt the stock” okay, and again why do I care? I’ll sell it and move on to other stock. Might actually create an opportunity for investors to make more money.

This is just another example of the very strange attachment some people have to this person.

Last edited by SW17LS; 03-05-24 at 06:12 AM.
Old 03-05-24, 08:57 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Are you sure? You'd be working 14+ hours day, often never leaving work. You'd be attacked by the current *censored* at every turn. You'd be sued constantly. Armed security needed wherever you went because crazy people enabled by the hatestream media want you dead. You'd be managing 4+ businesses at once. I don't think you would actually sign up for that.

There is another person in the public eye......never mind.
Yeah, if I want a Billion dollar compensation package, then 14 hour days it is.

The founder of my company who is well known in the Biotech/Medical device world put 10 years of his life...without pay into the company I work for. Founded as a private company in 2008, he didn't have any stock options, and whatever equity he had he put it in from his own pocket. I would get emails and calls from him at 3am if something wasn't working, if he couldn't send an email etc. Dude works almost 24 hours a day. He sends his family on vacations without him because he can't spend 5 minutes not working. If you want, I can drop his name in PM, I don't want to put in this post.

To make the kind of money Elon makes and be in the public eye the way he is, there are many sacrifices you have to make, like working ling hours, getting sued, and people hating you. If he can't handle his $56 B compensation package getting rejected, than maybe this is not the line of work for him.

You are 100 percent correct. I wouldn't want to be in his shoes or have his problems, which is why I'm happy not being a billionaire. And don't get me wrong, he should get what's owed to him and shouldn't have to work for free, which essentially is impossible as he's the wealthiest human being in world, right above Bezos

Last edited by AMIRZA786; 03-05-24 at 09:24 AM.
Old 03-05-24, 01:52 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Tesla Model S/X deliveries being pushed back ahead of upgrades

Tesla has pushed back delivery timelines for multiple Model S and X orders, coming ahead of new upgrades rumored to hit the sedan and SUV.

Multiple people with orders for the Model S or Model X have noticed that their delivery timelines were pushed back in recent weeks, with one user saying his Model S order is now targeting an estimated delivery between April 24 and June 19, after originally being estimated for March.

Teslascope said on Sunday that while the change didn’t appear to affect all Model S and X orders at this time, their account had been tagged and messaged by nearly a dozen people saying that theirs had been delayed by a few weeks minimum. The statement also comes just a few days after the account reported that Model S and X units will start delivering with RGB ambient lighting, a front bumper camera and other notable upgrades.

Those who are seeing their orders delayed could be set to receive the upgrades, as Teslascope explains. In addition to the ambient lighting and front bumper camera, Tesla recently began rolling out a new Model S and Model X steering yoke, featuring a highly requested center horn button, and improvements to its stitching and build quality.

Tesla launched an upgraded Model 3 refresh, dubbed “Highland” by some, in North America in January, after debuting the highly anticipated redesign in European countries, China and elsewhere last year. The refreshed design includes a similar RGB ambient lighting to what has been reported to be included on the upcoming Model S and X vehicles. The Cybertruck also has a similar ambient lighting strip.

Previous reports have suggested that the upgraded Model 3 wasn’t the first of Tesla’s vehicles planned to get ambient lighting, with 2022 versions of the Model S and X having been equipped with wiring harnesses for the LED lighting strip.

Tesla also rolled out the ambient lighting strip in Gigafactory Shanghai-built Model Y units, though they haven’t yet been spotted on U.S.-made versions of the vehicle. While many await the expected Model Y “Juniper” refresh design, Tesla said during its 2023 earnings call that a redesigned Model Y wouldn’t be arriving in North America this year.

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-mode...shed-upgrades/

Last edited by AMIRZA786; 03-05-24 at 01:56 PM.

Quick Reply: Tesla Business and News Thread