EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

Tesla Business and News Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-24, 03:48 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

I see FUD is doing it's job.
Old 04-05-24, 03:53 PM
JeffKeryk
Racer

Received 526 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by LeX2K
What matters is what is actually done not what is said. That's why I keep beating the dead horse if you want a stock for the short term get out of Tesla and never look back. Many people in the last 10 years got impatient and bailed.
FYI, I am a conservative, long term investor; TSLA is one of the very few individual stocks I own. Even with the poor YTD results, I am in the black. My only regret is I should have bought the stock instead of the car in Dec 2018.
The following users liked this post:
AMIRZA786 (04-05-24)
Old 04-05-24, 11:29 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Received 2,148 Likes on 1,670 Posts

In theaftermath of a tragic crane collapse in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, which tragically claimed the life of a construction worker and inflicted injuries upon others, the resilience and advanced safety features of a Tesla involved in the incident have been brought into focus.

As we offer our deepest sympathies to all affected by this unbelievable event, it's also important to recognize the role of advanced technology, particularly the engineering of Tesla vehicles, in safeguarding human life under such extreme circumstances. This unfortunate incident serves as a poignant reminder of Tesla's unwavering commitment to safety, illustrating the capability of its vehicles to offer protection in the most unpredictable situations.

A Testament to Tesla's Safety

Mark Cerezin, behind the wheel of his Tesla, experienced an unimaginable scare. He described it to NBC Miami, “I felt a compression. I looked up, and I saw the blue structure coming down. I slammed on my brakes. It sheered off the front of my Tesla, and all the airbags went off. I’m very lucky to be alive.” Despite the severity of the incident, Cerezin not only emerged completely unharmed, he was then seen helping someone else who appeared to have a head injury. “There was a lady that was bleeding, and I took off my shirt and put compression and helped her,” he said.

“From this day forward, I’m just happy to go home to my wife. I’m happy to go home to my family and my friends. I’m just so grateful,” he said. This remarkable escape underscores the exceptional structural integrity and safety design of Tesla vehicles, engineered to protect occupants even under the most dire circumstances.

Tesla's Safety Philosophy

Tesla's approach to vehicle safety is holistic, integrating active and passive safety features. The brand's vehicles are renowned for their high ratings in crash tests conducted by safety organizations worldwide. This results from meticulous engineering, from the vehicle's frame design to cutting-edge driver-assistance technologies.
Vice President of Vehicle Engineering Lars Moravy showed viewers the cornerstone principles behind Tesla's acclaimed safety features. Central to Tesla's design philosophy is a robust passive safety system aimed at protecting occupants and the vehicle's battery in the event of an accident. This includes a progressive crash structure designed to absorb impact energy before it reaches the cabin, multiple load paths for effective energy distribution regardless of collision type, and reinforced cabin safety through strategic placement of door rings, glass, and a low-situated battery that also lowers the center of gravity to reduce rollover risks.

Conclusion

As Tesla continues to innovate and refine its vehicles, the emphasis on safety remains paramount. The brand's commitment to meeting and exceeding safety standards is reflected in the sophisticated safety technologies embedded in each model, from Autopilot to advanced airbag systems. Tesla's ongoing dedication to safety innovation advances its mission toward sustainable transportation and ensures that drivers and passengers are afforded the highest levels of protection possible.

https://www.notateslaapp.com/news/19...-amid-disaster
Old 04-06-24, 03:13 AM
asj2024
Advanced

Received 116 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
Musk was vague. He could have (should have?) came out and said the $25K car was on schedule, delayed, snuffed, whatever. So was Reuters; used unnamed sources, etc..
Musk cannot publicly lie outright as a representative of the company I'd think. Thus, the vagueness. Plus, the would be stock pump by deflecting attention to taxis that are, let's be honest, not exactly a big short term revenue generator.

Last edited by asj2024; 04-06-24 at 04:02 AM.
Old 04-06-24, 06:47 AM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 289 Likes on 206 Posts

I got my full self driving trial today and tried it out this morning. There are still times where it drive like a kid learning how to drive which would frustrate someone behind me but it was way better than when I tried it before. I set it to “assertive” and was really impressed for the most part.

Would I pay $12k or whatever it costs now, no I wouldn’t because it’s just not worth it to me but it is the best driver assistance system I have ever used and it’s not even close anymore.
AMIRZA786 (04-06-24)
Old 04-06-24, 06:55 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,434 Likes on 1,596 Posts

Originally Posted by Blaze876
EV is the future...but I disagree with some of Tesla's business decisions. IMO wasting resources and time on Semi and Cybertruck when I believe their are better opportunities for more profitable models.
how about optimus prime, and roof tiles, and...

Don't get me wrong, I am for the Semi. But how much revenue have it brought in? IMO they should have focused on consumer models before taking on such a big project. A 3 row around 50-55k, a small pick up based on the Y platform & a Model 2. IMO the resources the Semi and Cybertruck took, all 3 of these models could have already been selling and in profit.
i disagree on semi, if they can do it, it's a giant opportunity. i don't know what's taking so long for greater adoption.
i disagree on CT, since they already have millions of orders. as hideous as it is, it will be successful, and will likely lead to more 'trucks'.

Not sure it's possible but Reuters looks like even bigger idiots
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1776351450542768368
yeah because we all know "unveil"ing anything is meaningful if the b.s. announced release target is years n the future.

What matters is what is actually done not what is said.
yes, that's why 'saying' you're 'unveiling' something or that fsd will be out year after year and it doesn't happen, take a toll in credibility.

That's why I keep beating the dead horse if you want a stock for the short term get out of Tesla and never look back. Many people in the last 10 years got impatient and bailed.
i hope all long holders do great. i follow eva mcmillan on X... a true believer...

comment under that says she bought 2000 @ 179.99 too... ooch.
AMIRZA786 (04-06-24)
Old 04-06-24, 10:40 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,434 Likes on 1,596 Posts

that media noise about 'canceling' the model 2 is crazy...

and nasty.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...on-fails-again
Old 04-06-24, 10:57 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

Tesla scrapping Model 2? RIP stock.
https://www.reuters.com/business/aut...on-2024-04-05/
This is too well detailed not to be partially true.

​​​​​​Probably simply that he sees robotaxi on same platform as more important piece.

Some of the byd comments are leading and cheering. Some kind of conclusion where Tesla is quitting the project because chinese are ahead of them is pretty silly. I guess all other manufacturers will cease their operations soon

Old 04-06-24, 11:00 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by patgilm
I got my full self driving trial today and tried it out this morning. There are still times where it drive like a kid learning how to drive which would frustrate someone behind me but it was way better than when I tried it before. I set it to “assertive” and was really impressed for the most part.

Would I pay $12k or whatever it costs now, no I wouldn’t because it’s just not worth it to me but it is the best driver assistance system I have ever used and it’s not even close anymore.
If you were going on a trip, would you pay $199 for a month? If it works as good as people say it now works, I probably would for trips. Southern California traffic can be so bad, it would be worth it for me to let the car drive me.

Still haven't received the update
Old 04-06-24, 11:14 AM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 289 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
If you were going on a trip, would you pay $199 for a month? If it works as good as people say it now works, I probably would for trips. Southern California traffic can be so bad, it would be worth it for me to let the car drive me.

Still haven't received the update
Good question and I’m not sure if I would. When I take longer trips I use cruise control a lot and my X7 will change lanes and has traffic jam assist which is sometimes all I need on trips. To me, FSD has too much control for me and still shuts off if you take control or put too much pressure on the steering wheel which I don’t like because I’m a more active driver since there is always a fair amount of traffic on my road trips so autopilot would be good enough for me.

If I just wanted to go on a long road trip where there wasn’t much traffic and wanted to chill FSD is perfect.
Old 04-06-24, 11:39 AM
asj2024
Advanced

Received 116 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
This is too well detailed not to be partially true.

​​​​​​Probably simply that he sees robotaxi on same platform as more important piece.
As one bullish analyst put it....choosing robotaxi over the low cost car would be a disaster. The taxi will take forever to rein in revenue, if ever. Robotaxis in the few cities testing them right now are encountering major problems, such as hindering emergency vehicles.

Old 04-06-24, 11:54 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by asj2024
As one bullish analyst put it....choosing robotaxi over the low cost car would be a disaster. The taxi will take forever to rein in revenue, if ever. Robotaxis in the few cities testing them right now are encountering major problems, such as hindering emergency vehicles.
And how many of these "analysts" have gotten it wrong over the years when it comes to Tesla? How many shorters have shut their funds down? I wouldn't call them bullish, but more full of BS
Old 04-06-24, 12:15 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,926 Likes on 2,464 Posts

I've never been more bullish on Tesla.
Old 04-06-24, 12:23 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

I don't always agree with Elon, I sometimes think the guy gets sidetracked (like with X) and even sometimes that he's a nutcase. But the one thing I've learned...I don't bet against him. In 2017 when they announced the Model 3 and I saw all these people popping $2000 deposits for a car that was at least a year away I thought people were nuts. In 2020, I decided to drop a modest amount on TSLA, I would ride the bubble and sell before it pops. After it hit above $100, lots of really smart people were telling me to sell, I could make a couple thousand before it all comes crashing down. The thing is, I didn't sell, held on, and that small investment is now more than doubled. Not only that, the Model 3 is now the second best selling car in California, the largest auto market in NA. I don't only invest in Tesla because I want to make a ton of money, but because they have changed the world, showing that battery powered cars and trucks are totally viable

Last edited by AMIRZA786; 04-06-24 at 12:37 PM.
Old 04-06-24, 12:41 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,926 Likes on 2,464 Posts

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
But the one thing I've learned...I don't bet against him. In 2017...
You think negative sentiment is bad now, around 2017 CL was all about the sky is falling Tesla is going out of business legacy auto will have to buy them out, Tesla will never scale the piling on was unbelievable. It's almost like Elon Musk knows more than the chicken little's tossing around slurs like "true believer" and so many others.

I like how Warren Redlich puts it, knowing more than Elon disease.

Quick Reply: Tesla Business and News Thread