EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

Tesla Business and News Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-24, 12:44 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

Received 2,825 Likes on 2,388 Posts

Originally Posted by asj2024
So I looked it up, and 6% of their revenue comes from energy and storage. I assume that means 94% of their revenue is from manufacturing cars. As a comparison, Toyota makes 90% of its revenue from making cars.

So yeah, they're a car company with a side business.
Only way you think Tesla is just a car company is if you believe they will never succeed in energy storage, autonomy, robots and charging network. If you actually believe that short the stock you'll literally make a fortune. Put your money where your mouth is.
Old 04-07-24, 01:18 PM
asj2024
Advanced

Received 115 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by LeX2K
Only way you think Tesla is just a car company is if you believe they will never succeed in energy storage, autonomy, robots and charging network. If you actually believe that short the stock you'll literally make a fortune. Put your money where your mouth is.
I don't need to *prove* anything, and I don't short stocks nowadays. What I do think is unless Tesla can diversify a lot more, and faster (and it's not likely through taxis, as that's quite a long term project when it comes to contributing anything significant to revenues), OR there is an abrupt acceleration of the EV sales (via lower cost models or an industry wide acceleration), then there will be continued downward pressure on the stock. Perhaps opening charging might help, but forecast for that is only $6 to $12 billion additional revenues by 2030.
Old 04-07-24, 01:25 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
To be fair I took your bullish financial advice on CL in 2023/2024 to buy Tesla and it has been a massive loser.

Let’s hope you are right this stock will turn around. I don’t mind holding long but I sure hope I don’t live with massive regret.
The more I think about this post the more absurd it becomes. You're actually blaming me for your investment strategy this is insane you let a stranger decide how you spent a pile of money? Either you are not being truthful or your investment strategy is completely broken.

The fact that you apparently let me have that much influence over you is hard to comprehend, especially since you tend to disagree with almost everything I say. But when it came to a large amount of money you took my word as gold according to you even though I never told you to buy TSLA or any stock.

Unbelievable.

edit - and to break this down further, did you take my advice at the beginning of 2023? If you did that you'd be very happy right now. Your post is making even less sense the more I think about it.

Last edited by LeX2K; 04-07-24 at 01:30 PM.
Old 04-07-24, 01:33 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,715 Likes on 1,944 Posts

He's not actually blaming you, he's making a point that your prognostications are just as shaky as other people's on CL.
Old 04-07-24, 01:40 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SW17LS
He's not actually blaming you, he's making a point that your prognostications are just as shaky as other people's on CL.
Firstly yes that post is all about blame. Secondly, I've been telling people Tesla is going to become the largest cap company on earth for many many years, "2023-2024" is intentional cherry picking. But none of that matters, if people let me or anyone else on a forum decide how they invest that is on them. Dave literally says he bought TSLA because of me and is underwater, and you say that is not blame.

Total nonsense, read it again if that helps
I took your bullish financial advice on CL in 2023/2024

to buy Tesla

and it has been a massive loser.
I never told Dave to by Tesla.
Old 04-07-24, 01:43 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

I think you need to lighten up...I would be shocked if he actually blamed you for making him buy Tesla lol
Old 04-07-24, 01:44 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

I think you need to lighten up...I would be shocked if he actually blamed you for making him buy Tesla lol
That already happened.
bullish financial advice to buy Tesla and it has been a massive loser.
Old 04-07-24, 01:47 PM
asj2024
Advanced

Received 115 Likes on 72 Posts

Tesla is going to become the largest cap company on earth for many many years.
I can say for sure that this is NOT going to happen lol I mean seriously. I will give you stock advice on this. Not going to happen.

You're starting to sound like that Cathy person of Ark investments haha
Old 04-07-24, 01:49 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,238 Likes on 1,357 Posts

I've never explicitly told anyone including you to buy TSLA. On that note, I never buy stocks when the market is euphoric for example currently I'm not buying Nvidia in fact I sold recently. Not to say Nvidia won't go much higher but I bought to make a quick buck and get out.

Let's hope you don't actually take financial advice from strangers.
Hold on you were just quick to call out nearly all of CL on being against buying and betting on Tesla and TSLA stock.
You think negative sentiment is bad now, around 2017 CL was all about the sky is falling Tesla is going out of business legacy auto will have to buy them out, Tesla will never scale the piling on was unbelievable. It's almost like Elon Musk knows more than the chicken little's tossing around slurs like "true believer" and so many others.

I like how Warren Redlich puts it, knowing more than Elon disease.
One thing I 100% won't do is take financial advice from the EV skeptics on CL no offense but if I had back in 2017/2018 I would be living with massive regret.
It was your regular promotion of the company and the promise of a stellar stock rise that led me to buy it when it distinctly was not in its euphoric state. But unfortunately it has just gone down since then.

Let’s hope you are right and the current downward spiral turns around, otherwise oh yes I’m blaming it all on you 😀.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 04-07-24 at 01:55 PM.
Old 04-07-24, 01:57 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

Hold on you were just quick to call out nearly all of CL on being against buying and betting on TSLA stock. It was your regular promotion of the company and the promise of a stellar stock rise that led me to buy it when it distinctly was not in its euphoric state. But unfortunately it has just gone down since then.
So you admit I am controlling your money. Show me exactly on the following chart when you bought TSLA based on my advice, it just happened to be when the the stock was at its higher points that's your claim. No chance you bought when the stock was down so your dollar cost average puts you ahead. Because I'm the one advising you that's why it has to be a big loser.

Tell me the dates you bought TSLA, and show me where I told you to buy the stock. Oh right, I've never told you or anyone to do that. I've said for going on 8 years now that Tesla is going to do great things. Did you listen to me 8 years ago? Why not? You hold my word in such high regard but for some reason only when the stock is down. Funny how that works isn't it.

Let’s hope you are right and the current downward spiral turns around, otherwise I’m blaming it all on you 😀

Old 04-07-24, 01:58 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Oh my God...can we get a sense of humor emergency here lol
The following users liked this post:
DaveGS4 (04-07-24)
Old 04-07-24, 02:08 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Received 2,096 Likes on 1,628 Posts

I never give anyone stock advice, be it TSLA, NVIDIA, Apple (or others). I also don't look at a stock short term, I hold 5 years or more. So if someone is looking for short term gains, Nvidia is a much better bet....and please don't take this as stock advice because I'm sure it will drop the next day 🤣

All I can say is, in 2020 I invested on a whim, $20k in TSLA. No plans to buy a Tesla, it was more about making a quick buck off seeing a bunch of my friends rushing to buy the Model 3. Today it's up about 415 percent. If I had bought in 2019, it would have been up 800 percent. Sure, if I had put it in NVIDIA I would have been up 1,348 percent, but that's why I don't give stock tips
Old 04-07-24, 02:10 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

Oh my God...can we get a sense of humor emergency here lol
So losing money and blaming someone else is hilarious now.
Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
I never give anyone stock advice, be it TSLA, NVIDIA, Apple (or others). I also don't look at a stock short term, I hold 5 years or more. So if someone is looking for short term gains, Nvidia is a much better bet....and please don't take this as stock advice because I'm sure it will drop the next day 🤣

All I can say is, in 2020 I invested on a whim, $20k in TSLA. No plans to buy a Tesla, it was more about making a quick buck off seeing a bunch of my friends rushing to buy the Model 3. Today it's up about 415 percent. If I had bought in 2019, it would have been up 800 percent. Sure, if I had put it in NVIDIA I would have been up 1,348 percent, but that's why I don't give stock tips
I had AMD stock in 2004. I stopped mining my own BTC around 2015 after I had 5 and change coin. Hindsight regret will destroy you if you let it.
Old 04-07-24, 02:14 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,238 Likes on 1,357 Posts

So losing money and blaming someone else is hilarious now.
Yep. Just like blaming all of CL for piling on Tesla and giving financial advice.

It’s ludicrous. Trying to make a point here.
Old 04-07-24, 02:17 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

Yep. Just like blaming all of CL for piling on Tesla and giving financial advice.

It’s ludicrous. Trying to make a point here.
I said NOT to take financial advice from CL you literally did the opposite.
One thing I 100% won't do is take financial advice from the EV skeptics on CL no offense but if I had back in 2017/2018 I would be living with massive regret.
I'll ask again why did you only take my advice during a down period of the stock? Your investment horizon must be exactly two years.

Quick Reply: Tesla Business and News Thread