EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

Tesla Business and News Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-24, 08:46 AM
swajames
Pole Position

Received 643 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob04
We haven't established anything other than the fact that you don't know as much as you think you do. Plaid sitting in my garage proved that.
ah yes. The car max special. Hope those batteries don’t fail. Bigger risk for you as you kept telling us used cars are even worse than new ones, right?
Old 06-02-24, 08:51 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,238 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Let's leave off the personal comments please
Old 06-02-24, 08:52 AM
Bob04
Lead Lap

Received 235 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by swajames
ah yes. The car max special. Hope those batteries don’t fail. Bigger risk for you as you kept telling us used cars are even worse than new ones, right?
It didn't buy it at Car Max, but I would have if the price were right. Nothing wrong with that at all.

And wrong. I clearly said 2 year old cars aren't the issue. I was discussing cars that are the average age of cars on the road, which is 12 years old. Two years is actually probably the sweet spot. Huge discount and 6 years of warranty left.

Last edited by Bob04; 06-02-24 at 09:10 AM.
Old 06-02-24, 09:45 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Received 2,096 Likes on 1,628 Posts

Plaid sitting in my garage proved that.
You definitely pulled one on us there

Old 06-02-24, 09:51 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Tesla Model Y dark Gemini wheels now standard in the U.S.

Tesla recently launched a new standard wheel for the Model Y in the U.S., after the option was spotted a few weeks ago at one of the company’s factories.

Last month, Model Y units with the dark Gemini wheels were seen outside of Tesla’s factory in Fremont, California, suggesting that the company could be launching the new option soon. As of writing, Tesla has officially dropped the former silver Gemini wheel covers from its order configurator, launching the dark Gemini wheel covers as the standard option.

You can see a screenshot of Tesla’s order configurator with the new Gemini dark wheels below, followed by an image of the old Gemini silver wheel covers.

You can still upgrade to the 20-inch induction wheels for $2,000, though the previous standard is no longer available. In Canada, Tesla is still offering the silver Gemini option as the standard, though buyers can upgrade to the Gemini dark wheels for $700 CAD (~$513 USD).

The Gemini dark wheels have also become the standard option for markets served by Tesla’s Gigafactory in Shanghai, China, after the company launched them alongside other updates in October. However, the previous silver remains the standard option in European markets, which are served by Tesla’s Gigafactory outside of Berlin, Germany.

The news comes after Tesla launched the Model Y RWD Long Range in the U.S. last month, officially replacing the previous entry-level trim—and adding 60 miles of range.

Elon Musk recently said that owners of the previous base Model Y configuration would soon be able to purchase range upgrades, nearly bringing them up to par with the new Long Range variant. Tesla also launched a highly coveted Quicksilver paint option for the Model Y in multiple markets in April, after the color was initially launched at Giga Berlin.

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-model-y-dark-gemini/
Old 06-02-24, 10:43 AM
Bob04
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786

Tesla recently launched a new standard wheel for the Model Y in the U.S., after the option was spotted a few weeks ago at one of the company’s factories.

Last month, Model Y units with the dark Gemini wheels were seen outside of Tesla’s factory in Fremont, California, suggesting that the company could be launching the new option soon. As of writing, Tesla has officially dropped the former silver Gemini wheel covers from its order configurator, launching the dark Gemini wheel covers as the standard option.

You can see a screenshot of Tesla’s order configurator with the new Gemini dark wheels below, followed by an image of the old Gemini silver wheel covers.

You can still upgrade to the 20-inch induction wheels for $2,000, though the previous standard is no longer available. In Canada, Tesla is still offering the silver Gemini option as the standard, though buyers can upgrade to the Gemini dark wheels for $700 CAD (~$513 USD).

The Gemini dark wheels have also become the standard option for markets served by Tesla’s Gigafactory in Shanghai, China, after the company launched them alongside other updates in October. However, the previous silver remains the standard option in European markets, which are served by Tesla’s Gigafactory outside of Berlin, Germany.

The news comes after Tesla launched the Model Y RWD Long Range in the U.S. last month, officially replacing the previous entry-level trim—and adding 60 miles of range.

Elon Musk recently said that owners of the previous base Model Y configuration would soon be able to purchase range upgrades, nearly bringing them up to par with the new Long Range variant. Tesla also launched a highly coveted Quicksilver paint option for the Model Y in multiple markets in April, after the color was initially launched at Giga Berlin.

We talked about this a week or so ago. You getting them? I really like them. I've seen nearly identical knock offs on one around down, and they I think they look really good, especially on a black car.
Old 06-02-24, 10:51 AM
Bob04
Lead Lap

You definitely pulled one on us there

I wasn't trying to fool anybody. I stated on here publicly in Sept and Feb and April that I was going to buy one.

Anyway, not Telsa news. Shouldn't have brought it up.

Last edited by Bob04; 06-02-24 at 11:01 AM.
Old 06-02-24, 11:03 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,715 Likes on 1,944 Posts

Im happy to see them putting some metal trim back into their wheels and cars.

One of my friends just traded his GS350 on a Highalnd Model 3.
Old 06-02-24, 11:04 AM
Bob04
Lead Lap

Also, the current tempest covers are only $35 each on Tesla's site. I was surprised they are so inexpensive.
The following users liked this post:
AMIRZA786 (06-02-24)
Old 06-02-24, 11:05 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

We talked about this a week or so ago. You getting them? I really like them. I've seen nearly identical knock offs on one around down, and they I think they look really good, especially on a black car.
Probably not, I like the aftermarket covers I currently have

I'll be replacing my wife's Ioniq 5 with another Model Y next year, I'll make sure her car has these wheels
Old 06-02-24, 11:06 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

I wasn't trying to fool anybody. I stated on here publicly in Sept and Feb and April that I was going to buy one.

Anyway, not Telsa news. Shouldn't have brought it up.
Haha that was just a joke 🤣
The following users liked this post:
Bob04 (06-02-24)
Old 06-02-24, 11:11 AM
Bob04
Lead Lap

Probably not, I like the aftermarket covers I currently have

I'll be replacing my wife's Ioniq 5 with another Model Y next year, I'll make sure her car has these wheels
Those look nice too. Look very close to the same design as the 20s.

Did you park that close to someone in an open parking lot, or was someone messing with you?
Old 06-02-24, 11:13 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Those look nice too. Look very close to the same design as the 20s.

Did you park that close to someone in an open parking lot, or was someone messing with you?
Thanks 👍. That's one of our offices parking lot, that guy always parks there, away from the building because he likes to sit in his car, probably taking a nap
Old 06-03-24, 07:10 AM
jrmckinley
Pole Position

Received 366 Likes on 251 Posts

I wonder if Tesla will ever do anything that directly promotes the fact that you hardly ever/never have to go to the dealership with an EV. Been reading in Car Chat about dealer experiences for service and it got me thinking of how nice it is to never worry about that.
- Buy the car on your phone or computer. No haggling back and forth. No bait and switch of what was advertised.
- No oil changes or routine services (time is valuable)
- No worrying about if you're getting hosed by a dealer or mechanic for suggesting services you don't need
- Brakes can last approx 100k miles as they're almost never used
- A car that gets better over time with software updates

There are lots of other things. I doubt that most consumers are aware of what it's like to actually own an EV and rarely/never have to go to a dealer again. To me this would be a big selling point.
Old 06-03-24, 07:20 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,715 Likes on 1,944 Posts

Issue is lots of people have really bad experiences when their Teslas DO need repair. Terrible waits...etc

Quick Reply: Tesla Business and News Thread