EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

Tesla Business and News Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-24, 09:18 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,668 Posts

Originally Posted by swajames
Quite ironic, as I wasn’t replying to you.
I didn't think you were, and I wouldn't take it personally if you did, but others might
Old 06-09-24, 09:21 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Quite ironic, as I wasn’t replying to you. My observations are in reply to bitkahuna’s post. And they’re correct.
In that case it's fine, if Bit can dish it out, why not 🤣🤣
Old 06-10-24, 09:42 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

In other news, it's been confirmed that there will not be a Model Y refresh coming out this year. From Elon Musk:

"In response to a question on his social X site regarding rumors that an updated Model Y would be ready in July, Elon Musk wrote, "No Model Y 'refresh' is coming out this year.

Musk added, "I should note that Tesla continuously improves its cars, so even a car that is 6 months newer will be a little better."

https://www.investors.com/news/elon-...fresh-in-2024/
Old 06-11-24, 05:37 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,432 Likes on 1,595 Posts

Well you don’t hold posters claiming that only Musk could have done what he did at Tesla to that same standard,
so of all my rebuttal points, you only respond to this, but i don't recall anyone writing here that only musk could have done it but if they did, it's hypothetical and pointless to state and debate.

so I’ll have to assume (as I would have anyway) that intellectual honesty probably wasn’t the motivation for your post.
if you can't debate the points, attack the debater, huh? nice.

I genuinely thought I’d seen peak sycophancy when we saw that insane post a few weeks ago describing Musk as “the greatest allocator of capital in history” but I think we’ve seen even that lofty bar exceeded today.
grand hyperbole indeed... i am not a sycophant for elon musk. he's made many blunders and should stay out of political comments. but anyone who doesn't think he's an incredibly productive genius between building an EV empire and the world's greatest space rocket company, and more to come, just has jealousy/hatred for the guy based on his other views/actions.

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
You seem to be taking this personally.
no kidding, lol.

Quite ironic, as I wasn’t replying to you. My observations are in reply to bitkahuna’s post. And they’re correct.
not sure how 'irony' applies here, and your "And they're correct" self congratulation says it all.

Your post here is pretty close to being insulting
at least i can laugh at it. according to our 'correct' eloquent poster i'm intellectually dishonest and the biggest elon musk sycophant ever. LOL

we're entitled to our opinions but shouldn't attack one another.
Old 06-11-24, 05:40 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,268 Likes on 1,377 Posts

Thread seems headed back on track but just in case, let’s drop the personal commentary.

SEVENTH time I have asked in this thread. Next time I’ll go back to review whose posts required that ask more than once and boot from thread.
Old 06-11-24, 08:27 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,730 Likes on 1,956 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
everyone's 'pay package' will bother someone. you've repeatedly talked casuallly about 500k software engineer salaries in your area, not to mention many other VERY lavish perks, which many others would also be 'immensely bothered' by.
This is a strawman argument also. You bring it back to the amount of the pay package and thats not the issue, the issue is that it was negotiated by and marketed to the shareholders by a BOD that was controlled illegally by Musk. The amount of the package isn't my issue at all outside of the fact that at this point fiscally Tesla can't afford it, they could have afforded it a couple years ago.

how do you know this? seems like some huge shareholders plan to vote no. ironic as many huge 'funds' are insanely greedy and basically contribute nothing to the world.
They create a lot of wealth for people
The following users liked this post:
swajames (06-11-24)
Old 06-11-24, 08:30 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Well I for one have decided I'm going to sit out any Elon related posts. Too contentious, and too many emotions, I want to keep my BP down. Although I'll quote him if it's not too controversial
Margate330 (06-11-24)
Old 06-11-24, 08:32 AM
Margate330
Lexus Test Driver

Received 982 Likes on 782 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
You bring it back to the amount of the pay package and thats not the issue...
But isn't that what all the fuss was about?

The "how much"?
If the compensation was only $ 1 million, would all this be happening?
bitkahuna (06-11-24)
Old 06-11-24, 08:49 AM
Margate330
Lexus Test Driver

Received 982 Likes on 782 Posts

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
Well I for one have decided I'm going to sit out any Elon related posts. Too contentious, and too many emotions, I want to keep my BP down. Although I'll quote him if it's not too controversial
I meditate in between posts because I don't think anyone likes what I have to say. Haha

#doing_my_best
AMIRZA786 (06-11-24)
Old 06-11-24, 02:35 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Margate330
But isn't that what all the fuss was about?

The "how much"?
If the compensation was only $ 1 million, would all this be happening?
It wouldn't have gotten the attention it got because it would be a comparatively meaningless amount, but it would have been just as illegal.
Old 06-11-24, 05:57 PM
asj2024
Advanced

Received 116 Likes on 72 Posts

Since everyone is into that pay package, looks like analyst say it likely won't pass:

https://markets.businessinsider.com/...ce-tsla-2024-6

And just like people here were saying, that robotaxi dream is years away from actually making real money

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/tesla...155345596.html

Last edited by asj2024; 06-11-24 at 06:02 PM.
Old 06-11-24, 06:17 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

• "There is a concern that Elon Musk would become less engaged," Sacconaghi said.
Does he mean less engaged than actively rerouting stock from Tesla to his company he owns?
Old 06-11-24, 08:06 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by asj2024
Since everyone is into that pay package, looks like analyst say it likely won't pass:
even if it passes, i believe the delaware court can ignore it.

if it doesn't pass, i expect musk to quit. i believe that will negatively affect the stock. however if it passes, that might also negatively affect the stock as it might trigger some to sell the stock anyway.

if the vote is hugely in favor, the court might have to consider it.

i also read that tesla is pursuing re-incorporating in delaware, and i don't know what that might mean as far as the ruling or changes then.

what i don't get (haven't looked into) though is i believe the 2018 bonus was in stock options (1% of outstanding stock a year i believe), so was that already granted and they're now being clawed back? what if he aleady exercised/flipped some of them?
Old 06-12-24, 03:57 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

ruh roh...

Tesla must face California's false-marketing claims concerning Autopilot

June 10 (Reuters) - A California administrative judge rejected Tesla's (TSLA.O), opens new tab bid to dismiss claims by a top state regulator accusing the automaker led by billionaire Elon Musk of overstating its vehicles' self-driving capabilities.
In a decision on Monday, Judge Juliet *** of the state Office of Administrative Hearings (OAH) said the accusations by California's Department of Motor Vehicles would if true support an enforcement action against Tesla.

The DMV had in July 2022 accused Tesla of misleading consumers about vehicles with Autopilot and Full Self-Driving technology, saying they "could not at the time of those advertisements, and cannot now, operate as autonomous vehicles."
It sought remedies that could include suspending Tesla's license to sell vehicles in California, and requiring Tesla to make restitution to vehicle owners.
Neither Tesla nor its lawyers immediately responded to requests for comment. The DMV declined to comment on the judge's decision, but said its claims will be formally reviewed before the OAH on Sept. 9.

On May 15, a San Francisco federal judge rejected Tesla's bid to dismiss a proposed nationwide class action claiming it misled consumers into believing their vehicles would soon have self-driving capabilities.
Tesla, based in Austin, Texas, has also for many years faced federal probes into whether its self-driving technology might have contributed to fatal crashes.
Federal prosecutors are separately examining whether Tesla committed fraud by misleading investors about self-driving, according to three people familiar with the matter.

Tesla has said Autopilot lets vehicles steer, accelerate and brake in their lanes, and Full Self-Driving lets vehicles obey traffic signals and change lanes.
But it has admitted that neither excuses drivers from paying attention to the road, and the technologies "do not make the vehicle autonomous."
In her five-page decision, *** said it was premature to dismiss the DMV case before a formal hearing. Tesla had said a hearing was unnecessary because *** already had enough documents from which to rule.

California is Tesla's largest U.S. market and accounts for about 10% of global deliveries, but year-over-year sales have fallen for two straight quarters.
Tesla's electric-vehicle market share in the state fell to 55.4% in the first quarter from 61.8% a year ago.

https://www.reuters.com/legal/tesla-...ot-2024-06-10/
Old 06-12-24, 06:19 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
even if it passes, i believe the delaware court can ignore it.

if it doesn't pass, i expect musk to quit. i believe that will negatively affect the stock. however if it passes, that might also negatively affect the stock as it might trigger some to sell the stock anyway.

if the vote is hugely in favor, the court might have to consider it.

i also read that tesla is pursuing re-incorporating in delaware, and i don't know what that might mean as far as the ruling or changes then.

what i don't get (haven't looked into) though is i believe the 2018 bonus was in stock options (1% of outstanding stock a year i believe), so was that already granted and they're now being clawed back? what if he aleady exercised/flipped some of them?
This is part of my point. Imagine what Tesla could do if they weren’t trying to do all of this BS to pay Musk $50B? I want them to be focused on running Tesla, not spending all day every day trying to pay Musk. If he cares so little about Tesla he would walk away then let him walk away and make room for the next generation of innovators and let the BOD focus on things that matter to the company.

Note he has NOT threatened to walk away. He has threatened to withhold his “genius”. If he does that, why keep him around?

There are other innovators and leaders.
Mike728 (06-12-24)

Quick Reply: Tesla Business and News Thread