EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

Tesla Business and News Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-24, 09:56 AM
Margate330
Lexus Test Driver

Received 964 Likes on 769 Posts

Originally Posted by swajames
so I’m starting a new investment fund. The ticker will be AMRZ, and the investment strategy will be to look at what @AMIRZA786 has done with his stocks, and then do the polar opposite
​​​​​​Good one. Lol
Old 07-03-24, 09:59 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Received 2,096 Likes on 1,628 Posts

Originally Posted by swajames
so I’m starting a new investment fund. The ticker will be AMRZ, and the investment strategy will be to look at what @AMIRZA786 has done with his stocks, and then do the polar opposite
Haha....I'll throw out a stock and you go opposite 🤣🤣
Old 07-03-24, 11:07 AM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

Received 2,825 Likes on 2,388 Posts

All the usual suspects are scrambling to update their TSLA price targets headlines are saying Tesla has their mojo back. You know what's changed? Nothing, fundamentals of the business are exactly the same. Special shout out to all the people that panic sold so I could buy more at $140.

For some reason I don't see anyone crying that Elon should be replaced but you can bet everything you have if the stock tanks again they'll be back.
Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
What I find sad about all of this is I sold half my TSLA to buy Nvidia....and they have almost reversed their directions. The hilarity about the whole thing is my wife complaining about TSLA going down and now she's complaining that I sold it and it's going up

To make myself feel better, I tell myself I've "diversified". Good God, I can never win 🤣🤣🤣
Look on the bright side TSLA could see $300 soon enough and you finally get your wish can finally get out completely. Long term I can see Nvidia being a 5 trillion dollar company, Tesla if they execute on autonomy and robotics way higher.

Not financial advice I have no idea what I'm talking about.
Haha....I'll throw out a stock and you go opposite 🤣🤣
You will never be able to compete with Jim Cramer and Gordon Johnson.
The following users liked this post:
JeffKeryk (07-03-24)
Old 07-03-24, 11:45 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LeX2K
Look on the bright side TSLA could see $300 soon enough and you finally get your wish can finally get out completely. Long term I can see Nvidia being a 5 trillion dollar company, Tesla if they execute on autonomy and robotics way higher.

You will never be able to compete with Jim Cramer and Gordon Johnson.
I'll probably hang on to my remaining shares of TSLA. Nvidia I will probably sell next quarter, other chip makers like AMD will probably start to catch up soon

I have to say, Gordon Johnson takes the cake. I don't think I've seen anyone more wrong than him. Either he lives to shed money or he's just a troll
Old 07-03-24, 12:18 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

I have to say, Gordon Johnson takes the cake. I don't think I've seen anyone more wrong than him. Either he lives to shed money or he's just a troll
Motorhead on X is in the same class he has been shorting TSLA for at least 7 years, I've never seen him get a single thing right. Jim Chanos takes the cake though he lost billions shorting Tesla. Bill Gates has lost a pile of money and AFAIK is still short Tesla.
I'll probably hang on to my remaining shares of TSLA.
I recommend if the stock hits your target price you get out, can almost guarantee we will see another black swan event.

April 29
Peak fear is a gift if you're long TSLA.
I tried.
AMIRZA786 (07-03-24)
Old 07-03-24, 01:27 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Motorhead on X is in the same class he has been shorting TSLA for at least 7 years, I've never seen him get a single thing right. Jim Chanos takes the cake though he lost billions shorting Tesla. Bill Gates has lost a pile of money and AFAIK is still short Tesla.

I recommend if the stock hits your target price you get out, can almost guarantee we will see another black swan event.

April 29

I tried.
One estimate I read last week was TSLA is going to hit $400. I'm pretty sure it's going to take a dip after the initial euphoria wears off, but my new target right now is $350. If it dips back down below $200, I may pick up shares again. I know you are highly focused on AI and robotics, my focus is sales, and I think Tesla is going to start selling like gangbusters again when the Model Y refresh comes out next year. I'm more excited about that refresh than the Model 3's
Old 07-03-24, 02:53 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,715 Likes on 1,944 Posts

I still think Elon should be replaced.

But, of course when a company does poorly that’s when you get those calls. That’s just the way it is. It’s “what have you done for me lately”. If Tesla starts doing poorly again those calls will come, as they come for any CEO.
Old 07-03-24, 04:26 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

I know you are highly focused on AI and robotics,
No sir it is Tesla that is focused on AI and robotics I am merely the messenger. Elon explicitly said if you don't value Tesla as an AI company you should not invest it doesn't get any more clear.
Originally Posted by SW17LS
If Tesla starts doing poorly again those calls will come, as they come for any CEO.
Tesla never started doing poorly.
Old 07-03-24, 06:44 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Special shout out to all the people that panic sold so I could buy more at $140.

For some reason I don't see anyone crying that Elon should be replaced but you can bet everything you have if the stock tanks again they'll be back.

I used this threads intense arguing a few months back as confirmation to buy even more at around 150. Lmao. I love FUD. Loaded the hell up on shares and bought a few leaps (long term option contracts).

But I could lose it all tomorrow so
The following 2 users liked this post by GFerg:
AMIRZA786 (07-03-24), LeX2K (07-03-24)
Old 07-03-24, 09:51 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

No sir it is Tesla that is focused on AI and robotics I am merely the messenger. Elon explicitly said if you don't value Tesla as an AI company you should not invest it doesn't get any more clear.

Tesla never started doing poorly.
You know what I meant
Old 07-04-24, 07:52 AM
jrmckinley
Pole Position

Received 366 Likes on 251 Posts

One estimate I read last week was TSLA is going to hit $400. I'm pretty sure it's going to take a dip after the initial euphoria wears off, but my new target right now is $350. If it dips back down below $200, I may pick up shares again. I know you are highly focused on AI and robotics, my focus is sales, and I think Tesla is going to start selling like gangbusters again when the Model Y refresh comes out next year. I'm more excited about that refresh than the Model 3's
If you believe it could hit $350, then you should buy TSLA at $246 (as it is today). That would be a $100/share, or roughly 40% return. Don't kick yourself for selling and buying NVDA - if you truly believe TSLA can hit $350 or more then you should be looking at the stock as a bargain.
AMIRZA786 (07-05-24)
Old 07-04-24, 10:48 AM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

You know what I meant
You want Tesla to chase volume.
my focus is sales
That's not Tesla's focus! Why not invest in a car company that chases volume? Toyota and VW fit that perfectly.

This keeps happening over and over

Old 07-04-24, 12:04 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

You want Tesla to chase volume.

That's not Tesla's focus! Why not invest in a car company that chases volume? Toyota and VW fit that perfectly.

This keeps happening over and over
Again, I never owned an Apple product, never bought into it's brainwashing, yet a bought a crap load of Apple and made money. When I bought TSLA in 2020, I never planned to own a Tesla, neither did I care about Tesla's "vision", yet I sunk $20k into TSLA, and made money. My investment philosophy is different from yours, I don't need to be all in with their vision. I really don't care if Elon wants me or others to be All in, if he personally told me I shouldn't invest in TSLA, I would have still invested. It's not that I don't care about Elon's vision, it's just I have a different investment strategy than you
Old 07-04-24, 12:17 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

Again, I never owned an Apple product, never bought into it's brainwashing, yet a bought a crap load of Apple and made money. When I bought TSLA in 2020, I never planned to own a Tesla, neither did I care about Tesla's "vision", yet I sunk $20k into TSLA, and made money. My investment philosophy is different from yours, I don't need to be all in with their vision. I really don't care if Elon wants me or others to be All in, if he personally told me I shouldn't invest in TSLA, I would have still invested. It's not that I don't care about Elon's vision, it's just I have a different investment strategy than you
What part of Tesla are you expecting to be the #1 revenue generator going forward:
1) Cars
2) Energy
3) AI and robotics
Old 07-04-24, 12:22 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

What part of Tesla are you expecting to be the #1 revenue generator going forward:
1) Cars
2) Energy
3) AI and robotics
​​​​​​At this point, cars. AI and Robotics in the future if they are successful in their implementation

Quick Reply: Tesla Business and News Thread