EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

Tesla Business and News Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-24, 08:23 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Received 2,115 Likes on 1,643 Posts

Apparent Tesla Model Y ‘Juniper’ refresh spotted under wraps

What appeared to be a covered version of Tesla’s upcoming Model Y refresh, dubbed “Juniper” by media outlets, was spotted for the first time ahead of its official launch.

On Sunday, Reddit user JackIJack spotted the apparent Tesla Model Y refresh outside of the Rose Bowl stadium in Pasadena, California. As can be seen in the image, the Model Y features covers on the front and rear bumpers, though the front looks to have gotten a similar redesign to the recently refreshed Model 3.

The sighting is the first we’ve seen of the upcoming Model Y, though several Model 3 refresh units were also seen being tested ahead of the company’s official debut of the latest design of the electric sedan. In recent months, however, Tesla has noted multiple times that a refreshed Model Y won’t be hitting the market this year, though it’s been widely speculated, even throughout much of last year.

The Model 3 launched in Asia and Europe last fall, then the company later launched the vehicle in North America in January. As such, many were speculating that Tesla could do the same thing with the Model Y refresh this year, though it seems from the company’s recent statements that the earliest we’ll see the redesigned SUV is early 2025.

Last year, the Model Y became the world’s best-selling vehicle overall, as was recently highlighted in a unique advertisement dubbed its “Mobile Gallery,” which features a Model Y encased in glass being towed by a Cybertruck. On the glass case, Tesla printed the words “The Best-Selling Car in the World is Made in America,” and citing the associated data from JATO Dynamics.

Tesla recently replaced its entry-level Model Y configuration in the U.S. with a higher-ranged base model, and Musk has said that the company could eventually offer software range improvements for the old base model.

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-mode...fresh-spotted/
Old 07-08-24, 08:02 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Tesla (TSLA) rally hurts hedge funds that shorted EV maker before Q2 results

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-rall...ed-q2-results/

Old 07-09-24, 06:08 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 748 Likes on 518 Posts

Orgs I don't feel any pity for - hedge funds and VCs
The following users liked this post:
AMIRZA786 (07-09-24)
Old 07-09-24, 12:27 PM
jrmckinley
Pole Position

Received 370 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786

Apparent Tesla Model Y ‘Juniper’ refresh spotted under wraps

What appeared to be a covered version of Tesla’s upcoming Model Y refresh, dubbed “Juniper” by media outlets, was spotted for the first time ahead of its official launch.

On Sunday, Reddit user JackIJack spotted the apparent Tesla Model Y refresh outside of the Rose Bowl stadium in Pasadena, California. As can be seen in the image, the Model Y features covers on the front and rear bumpers, though the front looks to have gotten a similar redesign to the recently refreshed Model 3.

The sighting is the first we’ve seen of the upcoming Model Y, though several Model 3 refresh units were also seen being tested ahead of the company’s official debut of the latest design of the electric sedan. In recent months, however, Tesla has noted multiple times that a refreshed Model Y won’t be hitting the market this year, though it’s been widely speculated, even throughout much of last year.

The Model 3 launched in Asia and Europe last fall, then the company later launched the vehicle in North America in January. As such, many were speculating that Tesla could do the same thing with the Model Y refresh this year, though it seems from the company’s recent statements that the earliest we’ll see the redesigned SUV is early 2025.

Last year, the Model Y became the world’s best-selling vehicle overall, as was recently highlighted in a unique advertisement dubbed its “Mobile Gallery,” which features a Model Y encased in glass being towed by a Cybertruck. On the glass case, Tesla printed the words “The Best-Selling Car in the World is Made in America,” and citing the associated data from JATO Dynamics.

Tesla recently replaced its entry-level Model Y configuration in the U.S. with a higher-ranged base model, and Musk has said that the company could eventually offer software range improvements for the old base model.

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-mode...fresh-spotted/
Have to assume the new Y will have all or most of the same massive improvements of the new 3. I'd be seriously interested in one if so. My wife is not a big fan of the look of the Y and would prefer we get an S, which I also wouldn't mind. I'd have to compare the cost - looking at a new Y price and seeing what year S I could get for similar price point.
AMIRZA786 (07-09-24)
Old 07-09-24, 01:10 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jrmckinley
Have to assume the new Y will have all or most of the same massive improvements of the new 3. I'd be seriously interested in one if so. My wife is not a big fan of the look of the Y and would prefer we get an S, which I also wouldn't mind. I'd have to compare the cost - looking at a new Y price and seeing what year S I could get for similar price point.
The improvements they made on the new Model 3 are impressive, so I expect the same with the Y. If they release a performance version next year, I may go for that. I would go for the Y, it has a lot more going for it than the S, also the S still suffers from quality issues. Just my 2 cents
Old 07-10-24, 07:17 PM
Bob04
Lead Lap

Received 250 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by jrmckinley
Definitely go for the S if the money works out. Just a different class of vehicle than the Y or old 3. Haven't driven the new 3 yet. Fast, comfortable, and tons of cargo room if you fold down the rear seats. And by far the best looking in the Tesla line. Plus, you don't see one every time you turn around.
Old 07-10-24, 07:35 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,729 Likes on 1,955 Posts

The S is one of the best looking sedans ever made IMO, definitely get that if you can.
Old 07-10-24, 07:50 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Bob04
Definitely go for the S if the money works out. Just a different class of vehicle than the Y or old 3. Haven't driven the new 3 yet. Fast, comfortable, and tons of cargo room if you fold down the rear seats. And by far the best looking in the Tesla line. Plus, you don't see one every time you turn around.
This is definitely true, the S is the most eye catching and best looking Tesla. Although rarer than both the 3 and Y, they are not that rare here in Cali
Old 07-10-24, 08:26 PM
Bob04
Lead Lap

Received 250 Likes on 181 Posts

Yeah, here in SC, Ss aren't that common. Ys are everywhere now. And it happened fast. Went from seeing one rarely to them being everywhere in about a year. Truth be told, I'm not really in love with how any of the Teslas look, including the S. It's ok, but a little too much on the eggish side. To me, none of the Teslas are offensively ugly, but none are gorgeous either. Maybe that will change when/if the new Roadster is ever released.
AMIRZA786 (07-10-24)
Old 07-10-24, 08:49 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Yeah, here in SC, Ss aren't that common. Ys are everywhere now. And it happened fast. Went from seeing one rarely to them being everywhere in about a year. Truth be told, I'm not really in love with how any of the Teslas look, including the S. It's ok, but a little too much on the eggish side. To me, none of the Teslas are offensively ugly, but none are gorgeous either. Maybe that will change when/if the new Roadster is ever released.
I like the way they look, which is extremely unique to me. But as they say, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. I didn't buy mine for it's looks though, but in the way they drive, and how practical they are.

The Y is the number one driven car here, followed closely by the 3. Both here in Northern as well as Southern California, so it's crazy how many I see a day. I would lose my mind trying to keep track
Bob04 (07-11-24)
Old 07-10-24, 10:49 PM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 95 Likes on 67 Posts

I see a fair number of S's and X's here in Vegas.

Would definitely take an S over a 3.
Old 07-11-24, 09:09 AM
swajames
Pole Position

Received 661 Likes on 413 Posts

Robotaxi announcement reportedly delayed to October.

TSLA down about 7%
Old 07-11-24, 09:49 AM
Blaze876
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by swajames
Robotaxi announcement reportedly delayed to October.

TSLA down about 7%
Kind of shocked. Was expecting just a fluff presentation with actual release years into the future.
Old 07-11-24, 09:55 AM
Blaze876
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 88 Posts

Imo the S pre refresh just looked so plain. Small changes and the S looks like one of the best sedans currently on the market. Only other vehicle Tesla makes that I think looks decent is the Semi and new Model 3 is decent. I can't wait for the Y to get refreshed because I can't stand seeing the current model. I tease my wife when I see one that I'm gonna get it for her and she practically throws up lol. Now I've switched to teasing her I am going to get her the cybertruck...I think she is on the verge of knocking me over. (She loves the Model S though).
Old 07-11-24, 11:17 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,584 Posts

will be test driving an X next week.

cool thing is tesla has this test drive mechanism where you don't see or talk to ANYONE.

they tell you where and you arrange when, you go there with app, it opens the car and you drive off.
AMIRZA786 (07-11-24)

Quick Reply: Tesla Business and News Thread