EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

Tesla Business and News Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-24, 07:43 AM
Bob04
Lead Lap

Received 263 Likes on 191 Posts

Looks like a $2k price increase for the S and X.
Old 07-20-24, 07:52 AM
Bob04
Lead Lap

Tesla getting slick working around the tax credit limits with the X. Now you can get any seat config for free with the purchase of full self-driving. Software price doesn't count against the tax credit limits. So, you can get the $6500 6 seat config and still get the tax credit if you are willing to basically pay $1500 for FSD.
The following 2 users liked this post by Bob04:
AMIRZA786 (07-20-24), bitkahuna (07-20-24)
Old 07-20-24, 06:36 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 314 Likes on 192 Posts

Lunar silver looks great

The following 2 users liked this post by Hameed:
Bob04 (07-20-24), Mike728 (07-20-24)
Old 07-20-24, 07:28 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,466 Likes on 1,618 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob04
Tesla getting slick working around the tax credit limits with the X. Now you can get any seat config for free with the purchase of full self-driving. Software price doesn't count against the tax credit limits. So, you can get the $6500 6 seat config and still get the tax credit if you are willing to basically pay $1500 for FSD.
that's nice, but of course they just upped the x $5k which doesn't help.

anyway, even with the new creative pricing i just priced a lr x with 6 seat, fsd and it's $95.5K w/ tax before the $7500 tax credit, so still an expensive vehicle.
The following users liked this post:
AMIRZA786 (07-20-24)
Old 07-20-24, 07:48 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Received 2,181 Likes on 1,695 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
that's nice, but of course they just upped the x $5k which doesn't help.

anyway, even with the new creative pricing i just priced a lr x with 6 seat, fsd and it's $95.5K w/ tax before the $7500 tax credit, so still an expensive vehicle.
I'm pretty sure when they come out with the refreshed Model Y Performance it will make the X irrelevant. The upgraded seats, suspension and motors would be enough to steer most away. The Model 3 Performance Tesla claims is rated at 510 HP, but people putting them on the Dyno is showing closer to 600
Bob04 (07-20-24)
Old 07-20-24, 08:28 PM
Bob04
Lead Lap

Yeah, I think the Xs days are numbered. Hard to justify the price over the Y now as it is.
AMIRZA786 (07-20-24)
Old 07-20-24, 08:46 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
I'm pretty sure when they come out with the refreshed Model Y Performance it will make the X irrelevant. The upgraded seats, suspension and motors would be enough to steer most away. The Model 3 Performance Tesla claims is rated at 510 HP, but people putting them on the Dyno is showing closer to 600
i don't agree unless one's only benchmark is speed.

the x is bigger, has air suspension, 2 screens, falcon doors, etc. plus of course the x can still get its own upgrades.

AMIRZA786 (07-20-24)
Old 07-20-24, 08:50 PM
swajames
Pole Position

Received 697 Likes on 438 Posts

I'd like to see Tesla release at least one more all-new (or Highland/Juniper-type) refresh on the S and the X. The current X maybe doesn't differentiate enough from the Y, but it is larger, more premium, more practical, better-equipped and, depending upon your perspective, has the benefit of the unique doors. I'd like Tesla to address the one thing they get wrong, and take the X upscale. Performance isn't lacking, range is more than adequate but could use a boost, but the big thing that would set the X apart from the Y is a genuinely premium interior. Wouldn't take much, more interesting design and color choices would go a long way as would an option for actual leather, some premium trim choices, better quality materials and so on. Customers in this segment will pay a premium for something a little more exclusive, so give it to them. I'd like to see Tesla do the same for the Model S, but it's the X that needs it.
AMIRZA786 (07-20-24)
Old 07-20-24, 09:02 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by swajames
I'd like to see Tesla release at least one more all-new (or Highland/Juniper-type) refresh on the S and the X. The current X maybe doesn't differentiate enough from the Y, but it is larger, more premium, more practical, better-equipped and, depending upon your perspective, has the benefit of the unique doors. I'd like Tesla to address the one thing they get wrong, and take the X upscale. Performance isn't lacking, range is more than adequate but could use a boost, but the big thing that would set the X apart from the Y is a genuinely premium interior. Wouldn't take much, more interesting design and color choices would go a long way as would an option for actual leather, some premium trim choices, better quality materials and so on. Customers in this segment will pay a premium for something a little more exclusive, so give it to them. I'd like to see Tesla do the same for the Model S, but it's the X that needs it.
Agree with this. Especially at $90k plus
Old 07-21-24, 05:14 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

saw on website optional tpms for model x... you mean they don't come with tire pressure monitoring stock!?!
Old 07-21-24, 06:41 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 663 Likes on 496 Posts

saw on website optional tpms for model x... you mean they don't come with tire pressure monitoring stock!?!
They're replacements.

Old 07-21-24, 07:34 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bob04
Looks like a $2k price increase for the S and X.
Originally Posted by Mike728
They're replacements.

thanks. shoulda google'd first.

Old 07-21-24, 10:05 AM
Margate330
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,013 Likes on 806 Posts

thanks. shoulda google'd first.
Im the opposite, I ask here because my fellow peeps know.

Search online I have to weed thru much nonsense to get a real answer and unlearn everything I just looked at! Lol 🤓
Old 07-21-24, 11:40 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Before I post this article, I would strongly request everyone to refrain from politics. I 100 percent believe that there should be no EV mandate (if there is actually one), and the market and buyers should be left to decide. I believe that as people get their hands on EV's, drive them and live with them, most will 1000 percent not want to go back. Which is why I gave a challenge in the General EV section to either test drive one, or I would offer up any of my EV's for a test drive to any member of CL that lives near me. With that said:

Elon Musk responds to Trump’s promise to end “EV mandate” on Day One

Tesla CEO Elon Musk has responded to former US President Donald Trump’s promise that he would be ending the current Biden administration’s “EV mandate” on Day One. Based on Musk’s reaction, it appears that Tesla welcomes a market without specific EV subsidies.

Electric vehicles have unfortunately become a partisan talking point, and while Tesla is undoubtedly the leader in EVs in the United States, the current Biden administration has mostly ignored the company, likely due in no small part to its non-unionized workforce. Former US President Donald Trump has, unsurprisingly, adopted a generally anti-EV stance, stating during his address at the Republican National Convention that he would end the Biden administration’s “EV mandate” as soon as he takes office.

“I will end the Electric Vehicle Mandate on Day One — thereby saving the US auto industry from complete obliteration and saving US customers thousands of dollars per car,” Trump said.

Considering Trump’s rhetoric, it was no surprise that Tesla and electric vehicle owners took to social media to ask Musk about what he thinks of the former president’s plans. Musk seemed unfazed by Trump’s apparent intention to stop supporting electric vehicles, stating that Tesla does not need subsidies to survive. “A surprising number of people think that Tesla survives on subsidies. That is true of our competitors, but not of Tesla,” Musk wrote in a post on X.

The Tesla CEO reiterated his stance this weekend, telling a user on X who asked about the topic that “it will be fine.” While Musk’s comments may attract criticism, he may have a point. Tesla, after all, triggered a phaseout of the $7,500 US EV federal tax credit in July 2018 when the company delivered its 200,000th vehicle. By 2020, Tesla’s vehicles were sold without the $7,500 federal tax credit. Interestingly enough, 2020 was also the first year that Tesla was fully profitable, with the company generating $862 million in net profits during the year.

Current US President Joe Biden signed the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) in August 2022, which returned federal subsidies for qualified Tesla vehicles. At the time, however, Tesla was already profitable, and the Model Y was already being delivered to customers. With this in mind, it does appear that Elon Musk’s sentiments are justifiable, as Tesla was able to thrive even without the company depending on federal tax credits.

https://www.teslarati.com/elon-musk-...ndate-day-one/

Last edited by AMIRZA786; 07-21-24 at 11:43 AM.
Old 07-21-24, 11:48 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
Before I post this article, I would strongly request everyone to refrain from politics. I 100 percent believe that there should be no EV mandate (if there is actually one), and the market and buyers should be left to decide. I believe that as people get their hands on EV's, drive them and live with them, most will 1000 percent not want to go back. Which is why I gave a challenge in the General EV section to either test drive one, or I would offer up any of my EV's for a test drive to any member of CL that lives near me. With that said:

Elon Musk responds to Trump’s promise to end “EV mandate” on Day One

Tesla CEO Elon Musk has responded to former US President Donald Trump’s promise that he would be ending the current Biden administration’s “EV mandate” on Day One. Based on Musk’s reaction, it appears that Tesla welcomes a market without specific EV subsidies.

Electric vehicles have unfortunately become a partisan talking point, and while Tesla is undoubtedly the leader in EVs in the United States, the current Biden administration has mostly ignored the company, likely due in no small part to its non-unionized workforce. Former US President Donald Trump has, unsurprisingly, adopted a generally anti-EV stance, stating during his address at the Republican National Convention that he would end the Biden administration’s “EV mandate” as soon as he takes office.

“I will end the Electric Vehicle Mandate on Day One — thereby saving the US auto industry from complete obliteration and saving US customers thousands of dollars per car,” Trump said.

https://x.com/elonmusk/status/1814165239602012523
Considering Trump’s rhetoric, it was no surprise that Tesla and electric vehicle owners took to social media to ask Musk about what he thinks of the former president’s plans. Musk seemed unfazed by Trump’s apparent intention to stop supporting electric vehicles, stating that Tesla does not need subsidies to survive. “A surprising number of people think that Tesla survives on subsidies. That is true of our competitors, but not of Tesla,” Musk wrote in a post on X.

The Tesla CEO reiterated his stance this weekend, telling a user on X who asked about the topic that “it will be fine.” While Musk’s comments may attract criticism, he may have a point. Tesla, after all, triggered a phaseout of the $7,500 US EV federal tax credit in July 2018 when the company delivered its 200,000th vehicle. By 2020, Tesla’s vehicles were sold without the $7,500 federal tax credit. Interestingly enough, 2020 was also the first year that Tesla was fully profitable, with the company generating $862 million in net profits during the year.

https://x.com/elonmusk/status/1814664480044748999

Current US President Joe Biden signed the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) in August 2022, which returned federal subsidies for qualified Tesla vehicles. At the time, however, Tesla was already profitable, and the Model Y was already being delivered to customers. With this in mind, it does appear that Elon Musk’s sentiments are justifiable, as Tesla was able to thrive even without the company depending on federal tax credits.

https://www.teslarati.com/elon-musk-...ndate-day-one/
You post an article like this and ask us to refrain from politics not sure what is your end game?

Quick Reply: Tesla Business and News Thread