EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

Tesla Business and News Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-24, 03:31 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,979 Likes on 2,507 Posts

Elon just reiterated that if you don't believe Tesla will solve autonomy you should sell all your Tesla stock. I wish everyone would take this advice I'm ultra tired of people complaining about holding the stock when they don't believe in autonomy. News flash you are invested in the wrong company.
Old 07-23-24, 03:36 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Received 2,170 Likes on 1,688 Posts

Originally Posted by Allen K
Elon saying Roadster is scheduled for production next year!
I don't believe it
Old 07-23-24, 03:37 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LeX2K
Elon just reiterated that if you don't believe Tesla will solve autonomy you should sell all your Tesla stock. I wish everyone would take this advice I'm ultra tired of people complaining about holding the stock when they don't believe in autonomy. News flash you are invested in the wrong company.
Just because you told me not to, I'm buying more TSLA
Old 07-23-24, 03:45 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
Just because you told me not to, I'm buying more TSLA
I've only ever advised you to sell. Fact check true.
Old 07-23-24, 03:48 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

I've only ever advised you to sell. Fact check true.
Like my daughter does when I tell her something, I'm doing the opposite
Old 07-23-24, 03:49 PM
Blaze876
Instructor

Received 109 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Allen K
Elon saying Roadster is scheduled for production next year!
And robots ready probably next year. I need to go buy some stocks on this breaking news lol.
Old 07-23-24, 04:19 PM
swajames
Pole Position

Received 695 Likes on 436 Posts
Default Well that's me convinced

The following users liked this post:
SW17LS (07-24-24)
Old 07-23-24, 04:55 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

File that under Cybertruck will never be released it's not a real product.
Old 07-23-24, 05:00 PM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 663 Likes on 496 Posts

Serious question. Why do you take this so personally?
The following users liked this post:
SW17LS (07-24-24)
Old 07-23-24, 05:02 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Mike728
He's deeply invested in the company. It's rise to the top, or sink to the bottom. Kind of the situation my company is in right now 😔
Old 07-23-24, 05:08 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

File that under Cybertruck will never be released it's not a real product.
I strongly believe the Roadster is coming out, but last year we saw a indications of the Cyber Truck release, like all the spy shots and test models on the road. Haven't seen one peep of the Roadster, and I'm literally 2 miles away from Tesla Fremont. Also next door to us is a facility where they keep test vehicles that they beat up. Not even a secret car that's covered up. Once the sighting happen I'll believe it
Old 07-23-24, 05:51 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

He's deeply invested in the company. It's rise to the top, or sink to the bottom. Kind of the situation my company is in right now 😔
Not accurate my investment has already risen to the top and I cashed out a majority share. Now I'm in it for fun. At one time what you're saying was true, scary true.
Originally Posted by Mike728
I'm not taking anything personally I am stating a FACT. A financial FACT, stated by the CEO of Tesla.
I strongly believe the Roadster is coming out, but last year we saw a indications of the Cyber Truck release, like all the spy shots and test models on the road. Haven't seen one peep of the Roadster, and I'm literally 2 miles away from Tesla Fremont. Also next door to us is a facility where they keep test vehicles that they beat up. Not even a secret car that's covered up. Once the sighting happen I'll believe it
Tesla does not make prototypes they never plan on making that's lately a Toyota thing. Every Tesla product is never going to happen until it does then the criticism shifts to the next late product. FSD is the ultimate will "never" happen event at Tesla.

Last edited by LeX2K; 07-23-24 at 05:54 PM.
Old 07-23-24, 05:58 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Not accurate my investment has already risen to the top and I cashed out a majority share. Now I'm in it for fun.

Tesla does not make prototypes they never plan on making that's lately a Toyota thing. Every Tesla product is never going to happen until it does then the criticism shifts to the next late product. FSD is the ultimate will "never" happen event at Tesla.
I stand corrected.

I don't know about that. The first Cyber Trucks I saw were marked RC (Release candidate) and were called prototypes by Tesla if I recall. Also the first redesigned Model 3's I saw had "Test Engineering vehicle" on them. At the very least, Tesla tries to cover them up like the new upcoming Model Y's that have been spotted
Old 07-23-24, 06:28 PM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 663 Likes on 496 Posts

I'm not taking anything personally I am stating a FACT. A financial FACT, stated by the CEO of Tesla.
Oh, I thought this was your statement: "I'm ultra tired of people complaining about holding the stock when they don't believe in autonomy." My apologies.

Old 07-23-24, 06:31 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

I stand corrected.
I used to swear I would not sell until 2030 but for my own sanity I did.
I don't know about that. The first Cyber Trucks I saw were marked RC (Release candidate) and were called prototypes by Tesla if I recall. Also the first redesigned Model 3's I saw had "Test Engineering vehicle" on them. At the very least, Tesla tries to cover them up like the new upcoming Model Y's that have been spotted
Covering up prototypes is not the same thing. Elon has made it crystal clear Tesla does not make prototypes they don't plan on turning into mass production. For example Optimus is not like Boston Dynamics where they make a bunch of party trick robots and don't commercialize them for 25 years. Optimus is being built from the start to be produced by the millions.

I heard for years Cybertruck was a joke would never be built could not be built. Then it could never be made at scale. You get the idea. Tesla makes it very hard on themselves but eventually they deliver. Model X has insanely complex doors just for the sake of being cool, yes they are also practical but that wasn't the inspiration. Would be much easier to use normal doors.

We live in the upside down in some ways Tesla gets sharp criticism for innovating other auto makers get praise for doing the exact same thing over and over again. Again Cybertruck is a great example, why didn't Tesla make a truck that looks like every other truck. That's not how Tesla rolls and the haters can't deal with this for whatever reason. There are dozens of pickups that look basically the same, Tesla makes something completely different and people HATE them for it. It's very bizarre to me.

FSD is the ultimate test for Tesla it is the the most difficult software project ever attempted. The upside is mind bending the downside if they fail will be catastrophic. Which under scores what Elon keeps saying, if you don't believe FSD can be commercialized then don't invest this is extremely good advice. Investing in Tesla with the expectation that they are going to chase car volumes is the wrong play. I know I've said this before but it doesn't seem to sink in for some. It took me a while to accept it.

Saying Tesla is a car company is like saying SpaceX is an internet company.

Quick Reply: Tesla Business and News Thread