EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

Tesla Business and News Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-24, 04:17 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Received 2,275 Likes on 1,773 Posts

Originally Posted by Allen K
Y loaner we ended up with has seen some stuff. 40k miles, trim on the b pillar is separating a bit and the interior was a bit gross at pick up. Wiped everything down with quik interior cleaner and it felt better. Was tempted to run it through the car wash too, but didn't want to spend the money.

That said I was really impressed with the trunk space. We did a Costco run and had room to spare
What year is it? Loaner I got last year was a 2018 Model 3 that also had seen better days. But nothing falling apart on it at least
Old 09-09-24, 06:29 AM
Allen K
-0----0-
Forum Moderator

Received 815 Likes on 569 Posts

VIN decoder has it listed as a 2021. It's active on my wife's phone so all I can pull is the VIN. I'll take a picture of the pillar trim coming off when I get home. Y itself is very smooth. Big difference from my old 3P

Edit: Have to add - I do miss the Tesla throttle mapping. So linear and predictable

Last edited by Allen K; 09-09-24 at 06:59 AM.
The following users liked this post:
AMIRZA786 (09-09-24)
Old 09-09-24, 07:02 AM
geko29
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 317 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by LeX2K
$100 will get them to tell you how much the rest of the repair will cost.
Our local appliance service charges $189 to walk in the door. However, that does cover diagnosis, the first hour of labor, and a return trip if parts need to be ordered.
Old 09-11-24, 09:55 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

My office is only a couple of miles from the Fremont Tesla factory, and the amount of trucks carrying new Model 3 and Y's has been non-stop this whole week passing through the area. I'm always finding myself either in front, behind, or the side of trucks full of them

Also saw another Semi. Hopefully I will start seeing some of the new redesigned Model Y test vehicles soon... one of the benefits of having an office close to Tesla Fremont!
The following 2 users liked this post by AMIRZA786:
bitkahuna (09-12-24), JeffKeryk (09-12-24)
Old 09-12-24, 07:33 AM
geko29
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 317 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
My office is only a couple of miles from the Fremont Tesla factory, and the amount of trucks carrying new Model 3 and Y's has been non-stop this whole week passing through the area. I'm always finding myself either in front, behind, or the side of trucks full of them
Checks calendar.....yep, just 2 weeks left in the 3rd quarter!
The following 2 users liked this post by geko29:
AMIRZA786 (09-12-24), Hameed (09-12-24)
Old 09-12-24, 07:43 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by geko29
Checks calendar.....yep, just 2 weeks left in the 3rd quarter!
Also 1.99 APR and referral program is ending soon
Old 09-12-24, 07:51 AM
JeffKeryk
Racer

Received 558 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
Also saw another Semi. Hopefully I will start seeing some of the new redesigned Model Y test vehicles soon... one of the benefits of having an office close to Tesla Fremont!
A few years back we were driving home on the 5. Lost count of all the transporter going south. Sometimes 2 and 3 in a row.
Wait till the Y refresh...
Old 09-12-24, 08:19 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
A few years back we were driving home on the 5. Lost count of all the transporter going south. Sometimes 2 and 3 in a row.
Wait till the Y refresh...
SoCal buys way more Tesla's than NorCal. It's not even close. They also buy a lot more Model S, X and Plaid. Of course they have a much larger population than us, but with the SoCal car culture, I would have never thought Tesla's would be the dominant car in the south
Old 09-13-24, 07:07 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian
Senior Moderator

Received 65 Likes on 50 Posts

AMIRZA786 (09-13-24)
Old 09-13-24, 08:37 AM
swajames
Pole Position

Received 732 Likes on 460 Posts

My official Ford-provided but Tesla-built NACS to CCS adapter arrived this week. It’s a really well-made adapter with a nice locking mechanism and a good quality finish. I had the A2Z adapter anyway, but nice to get the official one.
The following 2 users liked this post by swajames:
Allen K (09-13-24), AMIRZA786 (09-13-24)
Old 09-13-24, 08:59 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by swajames
My official Ford-provided but Tesla-built NACS to CCS adapter arrived this week. It’s a really well-made adapter with a nice locking mechanism and a good quality finish. I had the A2Z adapter anyway, but nice to get the official one.
Now you can actually travel worry free in your Lightning. Just don't **** off the Tesla owner next to you 🤣
swajames (09-13-24)
Old 09-13-24, 12:01 PM
Allen K
-0----0-
Forum Moderator

Received 815 Likes on 569 Posts

Wife picked up her car today and they gifted some water bottles for the inconvenience. Also forgot to add a shot of the b pillar.

The following 2 users liked this post by Allen K:
AMIRZA786 (09-13-24), swajames (09-13-24)
Old 09-13-24, 03:44 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Apparent camouflaged Tesla Robotaxi prototype sighted at Warner Bros. Burbank

The first image of a heavily camouflaged Tesla Robotaxi “Cybercab” prototype may have just been shared online. The vehicle, which was photographed close to a Tesla Model Y, appeared to be a two-seater that is notably smaller than the best-selling all-electric crossover.

Recent reports have suggested that Tesla would be unveiling its highly anticipated Robotaxi “Cybercab” at the Warner Brothers Studio in Burbank, California. While the electric vehicle maker did not confirm if this was indeed the venue for its Robotaxi unveiling, noted Tesla hacker @greentheonly has observed that the company seems to be performing some extensive data collection activities in the area.

The Tesla hacker’s observations were seemingly confirmed by r/TeslaMotors subreddit member u/dent3dwheel, who noted that for the last week, Tesla has been driving a fleet of test vehicles around the Warner Brothers Studio. These comments were reiterated by another member of the subreddit, u/boopitysmopp, who noted that he works in the area and he has been watching the Tesla fleet’s activities when he leaves at night.

Interestingly enough, the r/TeslaMotors subreddit member also claimed that Tesla seemed to be testing a small vehicle that was heavily disguised. The Tesla fan shared a photo of the mysterious car, which was covered in bright yellow wrap and what appeared to be dummy body panels. Eagle-eyed Tesla fans, however, observed that the vehicle actually looks quite similar to the Robotaxi concept image teased in Walter Isaacson’s Elon Musk biography.

The Robotaxi image shared in Isaacson’s book showed a small two-seater vehicle with enough space for cargo at the rear. As noted by Tesla community members in social media, these characteristics seem to be present in the recently leaked image of the apparent Robotaxi prototype. The vehicle does have two doors, and its cabin seems perfect for two adults. The vehicle also seems to be equipped with larger wheels at the rear, and as per the r/TeslaMotors subreddit member, its tail lights are reportedly similar to the Cybertruck.

While Tesla has been keeping details of the Robotaxi tightly under wraps, the company has confirmed in its Q2 2024 Update Letter that the vehicle would be produced using its “unboxed” process. The electric vehicle maker also confirmed that the Robotaxi would be produced at Giga Texas. Preparations are evidently underway for the event, with Tesla even announcing that TSLA retail shareholders can win a chance to attend the Robotaxi unveiling.

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-robo...er-bros-photo/
swajames (09-13-24)
Old 09-14-24, 04:52 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

New Tesla Model Y camouflaged units spotted at Palo Alto

Tesla may be staying quiet about any news regarding any upcoming updates to the Model Y, but it does seem like the company is hard at work testing some unique units of the all-electric crossover on public roads. This could be hinted at by the increasing number of camouflaged Model Y sightings across the United States.

Just recently, for example, a Tesla Model Y with its entire rear camouflaged has been photographed in Palo Alto, California. The coverings of the vehicle were similar to those that were reported in a covered Model Y unit in the Bay Area last month. While Tesla has not explained the presence of the apparent Model Y test vehicles, it does appear that the EV maker is testing a variant of the all-electric crossover with a front and rear that must remain hidden for now.

The presence of camouflage in the mysterious Model Y units has triggered speculations suggesting that they are early prototypes of the all-electric crossover’s highly-anticipated “Juniper” update. Tesla has been very quiet about the Model Y’s alleged “Juniper” update, though expectations are high that it would implement most of the upgrades that were rolled out to the reengineered Model 3 into the Model Y.

The Tesla Model 3 and Model Y are siblings, and they share a lot of parts. Thus, when Tesla rolled out the Model 3’s “Highland” update–which the company later dubbed on its official website as the reengineered Model 3–electric vehicle enthusiasts expected that it would only be a matter of time before the Model Y received similar updates to its exterior and interior.

In March 2023, Reuters claimed that the Model Y was being upgraded in an initiative reportedly called “Project Juniper.” Elon Musk has been pretty dismissive of these reports, however, stating on social media platform X that there is no “refresh” coming to the all-electric crossover this year. Despite Musk’s comments, sightings of camouflaged Model Y units testing on public roads have suggested that a new version of the vehicle may indeed be in development.

This was highlighted in a supposed Model Y “Juniper” leak in late July, which included two spy shots of the alleged upcoming all-electric crossover, one featuring a part of its interior and another featuring a section of its rear. Based on the leaked images, it appeared that the vehicle’s interior will be similar to the reengineered Model 3, and its rear will feature a red light bar with the word “TESLA” on it

https://www.teslarati.com/new-tesla-...o-alto-photos/
Old 09-14-24, 08:19 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,521 Likes on 1,659 Posts

i could well imagine getting a juniper Y to replace the ioniq 5 when that time comes (oct '26 or thereabouts).
The following 2 users liked this post by bitkahuna:
AMIRZA786 (09-14-24), Hameed (09-14-24)

Quick Reply: Tesla Business and News Thread