EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

Tesla Business and News Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-23, 03:41 PM
Blaze876
Advanced

Received 99 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
No, I'm with you on ADM, I don't want it as a consumer, period. But I would rather the manufacturer make the money because ultimately it helps them make better cars. I'm 55 years old and driving for more than 30 years, and I've seen when car manufactures have had to cut on quality to compete, and it's not pretty.

If you want to know why I have a huge beef with dealerships, just read my Ioniq 5 thread
THANK YOU. I hate ADM / Tesla version of ADM period. What I also hate is pro Tesla people saying they hate ADM too but what Tesla did is somehow better ...it's worse! Because the consumer was completely unaware they were paying an ADM and could have just waited.
Old 10-06-23, 03:51 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Received 2,096 Likes on 1,628 Posts

Originally Posted by Blaze876
You're missing the whole point and making me wonder why I am even bother trying lol.

Whatever you bought your current Model Y for, if Tesla told you they will be reducing the price by 20k when demand isn't so high before you bought the one you did would you still buy it? The answer is NO correct?

A dealer makes you aware that you are paying a ADM. It's your choice to decide if you want to pay it or wait until demand decreases.

One entity makes you aware you're paying more for something worth less and it's your decision if you want to proceed or not. The other entity is keeping their customer in the dark, waiting for the customer to buy it then lower the price and say sorry no refunds sucker lol.

How people see the latter as better than the former blows my mind.

People who were willing to pay an ADM did and people who weren't waited. People who were willing to wait longer to buy their Tesla after the price drops did not have a damn choice in the first place because they didn't know the prices would drop. I am sure MANY Tesla buyers last year would have held off buying until after the price drops unfortunately they weren't given a choice and that seems to be a plus in your mind.
I just have to ask this question...why do you even care? I'm so confused here because I'm pretty sure you are not buying one. I mean if you are concerned about us Tesla owners losing value, thank you, but it's not really necessary Lol
The following 2 users liked this post by AMIRZA786:
LeX2K (10-06-23), signdetres (10-06-23)
Old 10-06-23, 03:58 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

THANK YOU. I hate ADM / Tesla version of ADM period. What I also hate is pro Tesla people saying they hate ADM too but what Tesla did is somehow better ...it's worse! Because the consumer was completely unaware they were paying an ADM and could have just waited.
We all hate ADM, even if Tesla charges it, but it's really not possible for Tesla to charge ADM because ADM (Added Dealer Markup) is added to MSRP by third party dealerships. Tesla can't markup their own posted price
The following users liked this post:
Hameed (10-07-23)
Old 10-06-23, 04:04 PM
Blaze876
Advanced

I just have to ask this question...why do you even care? I'm so confused here because I'm pretty sure you are not buying one. I mean if you are concerned about us Tesla owners losing value, thank you, but it's not really necessary Lol
Actually, I would seriously consider a Model 3 now as a "beater car". I don't like the looks of it tbh but for the price, being able to get the full tax benefits, the price drops and factoring I currently do about 2k miles a month so the savings on gas would be great (spend about $400 on gas per month). Only issue is I'm currently still at an apartment so can't charge from home. 2nd thing is I have 3 work vans (NV200) and 1 is usually available so it's more of a, I prefer driving a model 3 than one of my nv200 as a beater. I drive my current car (V8) over the nv200s, I rather pay the extra in gas and be inconvenience lol.

Only other EV I would consider now is a Bolt because it's cheap. I just feel like 5 years from now battery tech going to be way more advanced and any current EVs will be on old technology.
AMIRZA786 (10-06-23)
Old 10-06-23, 04:17 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Actually, I would seriously consider a Model 3 now as a "beater car". I don't like the looks of it tbh but for the price, being able to get the full tax benefits, the price drops and factoring I currently do about 2k miles a month so the savings on gas would be great (spend about $400 on gas per month). Only issue is I'm currently still at an apartment so can't charge from home. 2nd thing is I have 3 work vans (NV200) and 1 is usually available so it's more of a, I prefer driving a model 3 than one of my nv200 as a beater. I drive my current car (V8) over the nv200s, I rather pay the extra in gas and be inconvenience lol.

Only other EV I would consider now is a Bolt because it's cheap. I just feel like 5 years from now battery tech going to be way more advanced and any current EVs will be on old technology.
Chevy Bolt is a good car, my daughter has the EUV. The only issue is that it only supports up to 55 kW fast charging, so it would take 50 minutes to charge from 10 percent to 80 percent. But she charges it at home and uses it as a commuter so it works out for her
Old 10-06-23, 04:26 PM
Blaze876
Advanced

Chevy Bolt is a good car, my daughter has the EUV. The only issue is that it only supports up to 55 kW fast charging, so it would take 50 minutes to charge from 10 percent to 80 percent. But she charges it at home and uses it as a commuter so it works out for her
It's hard to beat a model 3 from a value standpoint as I am sure you're well aware. With the tax credit it's almost a no brainer. It would strictly be my work/ commuter car so the bolt should be able to work but may be a tad too small since I need to carry a lot of tools / equipment at times.
AMIRZA786 (10-06-23)
Old 10-06-23, 04:48 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

It's hard to beat a model 3 from a value standpoint as I am sure you're well aware. With the tax credit it's almost a no brainer. It would strictly be my work/ commuter car so the bolt should be able to work but may be a tad too small since I need to carry a lot of tools / equipment at times.
I think if you test drive a model 3, even the base rwd, you'll love it. I was never a Tesla fan until I actually drove one
Old 10-07-23, 05:44 AM
Blaze876
Advanced

I think if you test drive a model 3, even the base rwd, you'll love it. I was never a Tesla fan until I actually drove one
I have actually driven a model 3 and Y, Hyundai ioniq line (to put it simply my business assists rental fleets). I do like how they drive. I do prefer the sound of an engine with a nice note although I know I'll likely be slower than an electric. I go gokarting often but avoid the businesses with electric carts lol....a gas go kart is so much more fun imo.

A big factor in my purchasing decision is how a vehicle looks though. The interiors are decent, not my cup of tea but the vegan leather feels good and to be honest all I really need is Bluetooth and I do wish there were buttons for climate control.

Sidenote, there are so much model 3s lined out on rental fleet lots of model 3s with broken rear glass. I believe they said it's a recall on the hinge for the trunk lid hinge or something. Some rental companies won't even rent model 3s with the water in the tail light so they usually have a lot not in use. Not hating on Tesla though cause all manufacturers has this issue. Last year there were hundreds of expeditions parked because of a recall on the wire harness that may cause a fire. Had to disconnect all the batteries on them.
AMIRZA786 (10-07-23)
Old 10-07-23, 07:39 AM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 285 Likes on 202 Posts

Look, I feel bad for people like @patgilm that lost $40K value on his Plaid. But that's just the game. Tesla is not the typical auto maker, they have so much margin built into their cars that something like massive price drops have to be expected. Tesla is going to do it's best to crush the competition, we've actually talked about this in past threads going back a couple of years. And if he can afford a Plaid, it didn't hurt him that badly. Sorry Pat
No worries, you are right I can afford it. It’s just annoying and I would love to get out of my car into a new Plaid but it’s just not worth me paying $40k to get out of my car into a new one. The trade in at Tesla is like $55k. Now that I know how they work at least in the future I will be better prepared and knowledgeable.
AMIRZA786 (10-07-23)
Old 10-07-23, 07:45 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 292 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by patgilm
No worries, you are right I can afford it. It’s just annoying and I would love to get out of my car into a new Plaid but it’s just not worth me paying $40k to get out of my car into a new one. The trade in at Tesla is like $55k. Now that I know how they work at least in the future I will be better prepared and knowledgeable.
The price drops that Tesla does is not something new in the least bit. This has been going on since 2016. My car cost $135k CAD new and it's not a performance model - it's just a 75D.

The P90D at that time was $175K CAD. Over the next 2 years Tesla dropped the price for a performance model by over $35k CAD.

It's too bad the timing in your specific case hit you dead center, but Tesia has been dropping prices for more than 7 years now. There is no consistent pattern to it however.
AMIRZA786 (10-07-23)
Old 10-07-23, 07:48 AM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 285 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by Hameed
The price drops that Tesla does is not something new in the least bit. This has been going on since 2016. My car cost $135k CAD new and it's not a performance model - it's just a 75D.

The P90D at that time was $175K CAD. Over the next 2 years Tesla dropped the price for a performance model by over $35k CAD.

It's too bad the timing in your specific case hit you dead center, but Tesia has been dropping prices for more than 7 years now. There is no consistent pattern to it however.
That may be true but as a first time Tesla buyer I had no idea they would drop it that much. I didn’t realize they dropped the prices $35k before. Like I said, now I know better and will just lease if I get another one.
AMIRZA786 (10-07-23)
Old 10-09-23, 06:40 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Tesla looks to be moving toward V4 Supercharger in U.S.

Tesla looks to be moving toward the V4 Supercharger in the United States after several projects have appeared in the Western part of the country.

The V4 Supercharger is Tesla’s most robust EV charging pile to date, and has only been installed in several markets in Europe, and has yet to make its way to the United States despite the company’s overwhelming presence in America.

That seems to be coming to an end, however, as the automaker appears to be preparing for its first few V4 Supercharger projects in the United States.

The first project surfaced in Wilsonville, Oregon, and installations of the V4 have already started and are evident by the Supercharger’s unique design, which differs significantly from the V3.

First spotted by a member of the Tesla Motors Club forum and then shared on X, formerly known as Twitter, it appears the V4 Superchargers are the first in the United States, although it is not yet known whether they are in operation.

Tesla is not wasting any time getting their projects expanded, either. Evidenced by
who saw a series of V4 Supercharger piles in Sparks, Nevada, near the company’s Gigafactory, Tesla is pushing its first V4 installations close to home and on the West Coast.

The V4 Supercharger from Tesla equips more power for the company’s upcoming increased voltage architecture that will enable faster charging times and longer cables for ease of access for EV owners who drive cars that are not Teslas.

Moving forward, we expect to see more V4 Supercharger installations, especially if it will benefit EV owners who are driving non-Teslas. With Tesla opening its Supercharger network to a number of OEMs starting in Spring 2024, the cable length alone will help enable an easier charging experience for everyone

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-v4-s...installations/
Old 10-11-23, 10:25 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Sorry, wrong thread!
Old 10-11-23, 11:12 AM
1111GS

Received 91 Likes on 79 Posts

Now you can order your 3/Y with "individual color"
The following 2 users liked this post by 1111GS:
AMIRZA786 (10-11-23), Mike728 (10-11-23)
Old 10-11-23, 11:16 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1111GS
Now you can order your 3/Y with "individual color"
Yeah, I saw that article

Quick Reply: Tesla Business and News Thread