EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

Tesla Business and News Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-24, 12:15 PM
swajames
Pole Position

Received 674 Likes on 421 Posts

The Wall St Journal yesterday published a detailed article discussing Musk's alleged drug use. It's a long and interesting read. The WSJ isn't particularly prone to hyperbole, and will be aware that Musk's hardwired reaction to anything like this will be to threaten litigation. So they must be reasonably confident in their reporting.

https://www.wsj.com/business/elon-mu...drugs-e826a9e1
Old 01-07-24, 12:28 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Received 2,148 Likes on 1,670 Posts

Originally Posted by swajames
The Wall St Journal yesterday published a detailed article discussing Musk's alleged drug use. It's a long and interesting read. The WSJ isn't particularly prone to hyperbole, and will be aware that Musk's hardwired reaction to anything like this will be to threaten litigation. So they must be reasonably confident in their reporting.

Haha, you're pushing the Elon envelope. What he does in his personal life doesn't really concern me. All these billionaires have lots of stuff in the closet. Just check out Jeffrey Epstein's ever growing list of names....
Old 01-07-24, 01:02 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,926 Likes on 2,464 Posts

The Wall St Journal yesterday published a detailed article discussing Musk's alleged drug use. It's a long and interesting read. The WSJ isn't particularly prone to hyperbole, and will be aware that Musk's hardwired reaction to anything like this will be to threaten litigation.

Elon is regularly drug tested because SpaceX has federal government contracts.
So they must be reasonably confident in their reporting.
lmao have you been paying attention to the state of media? Recently, Twitter is finished remember that?
Old 01-07-24, 01:07 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LeX2K
Elon is regularly drug tested because SpaceX has federal government contracts.

lmao have you been paying attention to the state of media? Recently, Twitter is finished remember that?
I think the drug testing started because Elon smoked pot on the Joe Rogan show. He also mentioned in 2018 he takes Ketamine, although that may have been prescribed
Old 01-07-24, 01:18 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Post the entire article since it is behind a paywall.
Old 01-07-24, 01:28 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Post the entire article since it is behind a paywall.
I wouldn't make a big deal over it. If it's true or not true, it doesn't really affect us personally. Is Tesla going to continue to make great cars, continue to innovate, that's what counts. Is Elon a drug addict or is the media just defaming him? Who really cares
Old 01-07-24, 02:35 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

Actually, all they say is that his board members were worried that he was talking drugs, because they know and they mentioned that for 3 years he was clean on every random drug test NASA made him do.

And you know that, and you have read it in the article. So what exactly are they confident in?
Old 01-07-24, 03:12 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Looks like DoD will cancel all contracts and Elon will be in legal trouble since drug use is confirmed.
Old 01-07-24, 03:25 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Looks like DoD will cancel all contracts and Elon will be in legal trouble since drug use is confirmed.
Don't take criticisms made against Elon personal. Let's just assume for argument sake he's the worst person in the world. I say, so what. With all the stuff written about him, both Tesla and SpaceX seem to be doing well. And it's not like he's any of our uncle's that's going to show up drunk to the family reunion....or is there something you're not telling us? .

Just figure out a way to keep him out of quarterly investor calls, I'm good. Although they can be entertaining

Last edited by AMIRZA786; 01-07-24 at 03:29 PM.
Old 01-07-24, 03:34 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
Don't take criticisms made against Elon personal. Let's just assume for argument sake he's the worst person in the world. I say, so what. With all the stuff written about him, both Tesla and SpaceX seem to be doing well. And it's not like he's any of our uncle's that's going to show up drunk to the family reunion....or is there something you're not telling us?
I hate media that lies and profits from those lies don't care who the target is. There will be dozens of versions of this story for example

Musk denies drug use claims amid concern from Tesla executives
An Article About Elon Musk’s Alleged Drug Use Means More Volatility for Tesla Stock

Nothing more than smear merchants they should be sued into oblivion.
Old 01-07-24, 03:42 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

I hate media that lies and profits from those lies don't care who the target is. There will be dozens of versions of this story for example

Musk denies drug use claims amid concern from Tesla executives
An Article About Elon Musk’s Alleged Drug Use Means More Volatility for Tesla Stock

Nothing more than smear merchants they should be sued into oblivion.
Nothing you can do about it. So I don't let my BP rise over it
Old 01-07-24, 03:50 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Nothing you can do about it.
I will call out the BS at every opportunity. And will not give media outlets that lie 1 penny, so yea there is something I can do.
Old 01-07-24, 03:53 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

I will call out the BS at every opportunity. And will not give media outlets that lie 1 penny, so yea there is something I can do.
I get the feeling Jeff doesn't need your penny 😂

Just present the truth the best we can, and don't take stuff personally that doesn't help or hurt us. That's my philosophy

Last edited by AMIRZA786; 01-07-24 at 03:57 PM.
Old 01-07-24, 04:42 PM
swajames
Pole Position

Received 674 Likes on 421 Posts

I get the feeling Jeff doesn't need your penny 😂

Just present the truth the best we can, and don't take stuff personally that doesn't help or hurt us. That's my philosophy
Well that's the thing, the WSJ isn't owned by Bezos. It's owned by Murdoch's News Corp.
Old 01-07-24, 04:49 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Well that's the thing, the WSJ isn't owned by Bezos. It's owned by Murdoch's News Corp.
Haha, sorry, my bad! Don't know why his name came into my head

I'm not a fan of Jeff or the Murdoch's, who both serve their own corporate interests. I usually get my news and information from independent news sources...like Teserati 🤣🤣. JK! For non car news (especially international news), I have bunch of independent news sources I go to. Won't mention them here for various reasons

Quick Reply: Tesla Business and News Thread