EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

Tesla Business and News Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-24 | 07:15 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

If it gets to $150 probably safe to buy, that was a large hit today.

Btw i saw the CyberTruk in person and very confident it well make huge profits for Tesla. They need to make a midsize version asap.
Old 01-25-24 | 07:57 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Stock could easily go under $110.
Old 01-25-24 | 08:04 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

At least there is some good news

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-mode...el-four-years/
Old 01-25-24 | 09:42 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Wall Street doesn't care they need to see 20%+ margin, and 50% YoY growth or at least close.
Old 01-25-24 | 09:51 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LeX2K
Wall Street doesn't care they need to see 20%+ margin, and 50% YoY growth or at least close.
Well you know what they say... what comes crashing down, must eventually go back up. Or something like that
Old 01-25-24 | 10:58 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
Well you know what they say... what comes crashing down, must eventually go back up. Or something like that
so you should be buying rivian stock then

but seriously, there are no guarantees for up.
Old 01-26-24 | 05:53 AM
jrmckinley
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LeX2K
Stock could easily go under $110.
What is this opinion based on? That would represent another 45% decline from today and put the stock price at a level not seen in over 3 years, despite extreme rapid growth in that 3 year period. I hope you aren't following Gordon Johnson's math. If he followed his own investment advice on Tesla, he'd have been homeless years ago. Yet he still preaches the same narrative despite being wrong week after week.

I'm picking up more here as an oppty to average down, and if it drops further I'll pick up even more. I believe CT will help, and I believe TSLA is the only current EV company with strong US presence that can build a $30k EV that people will flock to purchase. And I think that arrives late next year.
The following users liked this post:
AMIRZA786 (01-26-24)
Old 01-26-24 | 06:07 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
Yes indeed!

"Tesla said it delivered 1,739,707 Model 3 and Model Y units in 2023. If it delivered 1,200,000 exactly, it would have made up roughly 69 percent of the Model 3 and Model Y mix.It is no secret the Model Y helped Tesla catalyze a strong growth rate from 2020 to 2023. Vehicle deliveries grew 38 percent in 2023 compared to 2022, and the Model Y was undoubtedly a huge part of that, thanks to its massive influence as a demand driver for Tesla.

However, Tesla knows that its growth will not be carried by the Model Y forever. Instead, it is turning its focus to its next-generation platform, which is expected to enter production in the latter half of next year.

The company said that it expects a “notable” drop in annual growth rate this year, which has put pressure on shares on Thursday."
AMIRZA786 (01-26-24)
Old 01-26-24 | 07:31 AM
Blaze876
Instructor

Originally Posted by jrmckinley
What is this opinion based on? That would represent another 45% decline from today and put the stock price at a level not seen in over 3 years, despite extreme rapid growth in that 3 year period. I hope you aren't following Gordon Johnson's math. If he followed his own investment advice on Tesla, he'd have been homeless years ago. Yet he still preaches the same narrative despite being wrong week after week.

I'm picking up more here as an oppty to average down, and if it drops further I'll pick up even more. I believe CT will help, and I believe TSLA is the only current EV company with strong US presence that can build a $30k EV that people will flock to purchase. And I think that arrives late next year.
Teslas high valuation is not because of vehicle sales. If that was the case Toyota would be atleast at a similar value or higher. It's high valuation is for the hope / possibility of FSD actually coming to fruition, robotics / dojo. As they say, Tesla is an AI / robotics company not a car manufacturer.
Old 01-26-24 | 08:15 AM
jrmckinley
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Blaze876
Teslas high valuation is not because of vehicle sales. If that was the case Toyota would be atleast at a similar value or higher. It's high valuation is for the hope / possibility of FSD actually coming to fruition, robotics / dojo. As they say, Tesla is an AI / robotics company not a car manufacturer.
I agree whole heartedly (and you left out the energy business unit). My question remains the same, what would be the reason for someone to believe there is another 45% drop from here? A collapse of the AI, robotics, etc division? The fact is you have to look at the last time the stock was at $110 and ask yourself if you feel the company is in the same, better, or worse position currently.
Old 01-26-24 | 08:20 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

which is all probably not fully true... it will end up being a part car manfuacturer, part infra provider, part supplier.
Old 01-26-24 | 08:56 AM
Blaze876
Instructor

Originally Posted by jrmckinley
I agree whole heartedly (and you left out the energy business unit). My question remains the same, what would be the reason for someone to believe there is another 45% drop from here? A collapse of the AI, robotics, etc division? The fact is you have to look at the last time the stock was at $110 and ask yourself if you feel the company is in the same, better, or worse position currently.
IMO it comes down to FSD. It's been what 7 or 8 years now we keep hearing it's 1 year away? What happens in 5 years if no FSD exist or robotics doesn't have a working product to sell. Will investors still believe it is coming soon? Or worse what if another company gets one of the 2 done first and it becomes the standard?

​​

Old 01-26-24 | 09:03 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
so you should be buying rivian stock then

but seriously, there are no guarantees for up.
Hell no, I wouldn't go near Rivian stock unless I was day trading. You would have to literally give it to me.

It's not the first time TSLA has taken a huge plunge. If you remember in January it dropped all the way down to $113. I picked up a chunk, and sold a chunk of that for $260 and was able to pay off my Y...literally a month after I took delivery. Although this current drop can be disheartening, it's actually an investment opportunity. I'm confident long term it will shoot back up
Old 01-26-24 | 09:04 AM
swajames
Pole Position

Well the only company who is remotely in a position to lead or become the standard on FSD is Tesla because they are the ones with a massive install base of vehicles that can readily accept FSD. Even if someone else beats them to the punch and launches a Level 3 or 4 capability, it doesn't move the needle because the install base isn't there to leverage it. I will say when I see things like "we rewrote 300,000 lines of C++ code" spun as a positive sign of progress I don't automatically see it that way at all, it's more of an admission that the prior code wasn't actually up to the job. Either way, FSD is still absolutely Tesla's game to lose. Sure we're going to see others innovate, but how do they bring it to market? Every single unit of the best selling car in the world can run FSD, and that's why only Tesla is really the only one in position to eventually dominate.
AMIRZA786 (01-26-24)
Old 01-26-24 | 09:12 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

IMO it comes down to FSD. It's been what 7 or 8 years now we keep hearing it's 1 year away? What happens in 5 years if no FSD exist or robotics doesn't have a working product to sell. Will investors still believe it is coming soon? Or worse what if another company gets one of the 2 done first and it becomes the standard?

​​
I honestly don't believe most Tesla buyers care about FSD. Almost everyone I know who owns a Tesla didn't opt for it, not wanting to pay $12K. Although it did bring in $1B in revenue, so there are those that do opt to buy it, but overall in the scheme of things I don't think most people buy Teslas because of FSD.

If Tesla gets FSD working as it should, that may change

Quick Reply: Tesla Business and News Thread