EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

Tesla Business and News Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-24, 08:31 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 762 Likes on 531 Posts

The general public SHOULDN'T be making decisions for Tesla. They vote with their wallets. Shareholders and the board on the other hand should have a say in how Tesla operates as a company. And again, a Twitter poll is not representative of the public given the restrictions on voting in polls.

Personally, I think vacating his stock comp plan is a dumb move and sets a bad precedent.
Old 02-01-24, 08:48 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Received 2,147 Likes on 1,669 Posts

We Californians are what put Tesla on the Map. I don't see Texas gung ho on EV's, nor do I see Tesla sales in Texas anywhere near California. Yeah, let's put in Texas, Tesla's need lots of oil to run them

It's a stupid move. Most companies incorporate in DE for a reason. Reacting on emotion is just dumb, and asking people on X to vote on this is even dumber, IMO

Last edited by AMIRZA786; 02-01-24 at 09:01 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Mike728 (02-01-24)
Old 02-01-24, 08:53 AM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,923 Likes on 2,462 Posts

Originally Posted by Allen K
Shareholders and the board on the other hand should have a say in how Tesla operates as a company.
They did have a say, general shareholders and the board overwhelmingly voted to give Elon the comp plan. A judge said nope sorry you have no power.
Personally, I think vacating his stock comp plan is a dumb move and sets a bad precedent.
Doubt we'll ever see it happen again unless the target is.......well we can't talk about that here.

And again, a Twitter poll is not representative of the public given the restrictions on voting in polls.
So if I pay for something I am no longer the public I don't get this argument at all.
Old 02-01-24, 09:00 AM
swajames
Pole Position

Received 673 Likes on 420 Posts

The SEC needs to investigate Musk and Tesla - again - for that poll. Chances are he absolutely did not get that cleared by Tesla legal and/or the board.

And twitter users are not necessarily Tesla shareholders. Only one of those two populations matter.

And for what it's worth, there are very good reasons why Delaware is the place most large companies are established.
Old 02-01-24, 09:07 AM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Since the United States is a free country, a business owner can choose to incorporate in the state they see fit. And since Elon is the best allocator of capital in history I will trust his decision over armchair critics. I know one thing for SURE, long term Tesla investors are extremely happy to let Elon be Elon.

People cheering on this decision are advocating that a person with 9 shares can sue any company and get a BODs decision voided. And these same people say moving incorporation out of Delaware is a knee jerk reaction. This is completely devoid of critical thinking.
Old 02-01-24, 09:13 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LeX2K
Since the United States is a free country, a business owner can choose to incorporate in the state they see fit. And since Elon is the best allocator of capital in history I will trust his decision over armchair critics. I know one thing for SURE, long term Tesla investors are extremely happy to let Elon be Elon.

People cheering on this decision are advocating that a person with 9 shares can sue any company and get a BODs decision voided. And these same people say moving incorporation out of Delaware is a knee jerk reaction. This is completely devoid of critical thinking.
What's devoid of critical thinking is posting a poll on X and asking random people to vote to move to Texas, a state where all the top companies are in the gas and oil business. Gee, that fits Tesla's business model really well
Old 02-01-24, 09:16 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 762 Likes on 531 Posts

So if I pay for something I am no longer the public I don't get this argument at all.
If you pay for something you are a member. The general public cannot go to Costco unless they are a member. Users cannot vote on twitter polls unless they are a member.
Old 02-01-24, 09:30 AM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
What's devoid of critical thinking is posting a poll on X and asking random people to vote to move to Texas,
1) Tesla has a giant factory in Texas
2) This is not a move, it is a change of state where Tesla is incorporated. Gigantic difference. BODs and shareholders should be the ones deciding the direction of any company not a judge.
a state where all the top companies are in the gas and oil business. Gee, that fits Tesla's business model really well
This makes absolutely no sense. Tesla's #1 producing factory is in China the most polluting country on earth. Should they move out of China as well? And since you called me out right back at you. California consumes just as much gasoline as Texas. How is it you think oil refineries only supply product where they are based? Oil production and consumption is a global problem not a local one, if you are going to hate on Texas for producing so much oil then stop using Oil.

And how it is Tesla's fault that Texas refines so much oil, they are supposed to avoid the state because of this? YOU are the reason it happens, I am the reason. We all are. Tesla builds a giant factory in Texas so we can move away from burning oil and you consider it hypocrisy.

There is so much wrong with what you said.
Old 02-01-24, 09:36 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

1) Tesla has a giant factory in Texas
2) This is not a move, it is a change of state where Tesla is incorporated. Gigantic difference. BODs and shareholders should be the ones deciding the direction of any company not a judge.

This makes absolutely no sense. Tesla's #1 producing factory is in China the most polluting country on earth. Should they move out of China as well? And since you called me out right back at you. California consumes just as much gasoline as Texas. How is it you think oil refineries only supply product where they are based? Oil production and consumption is a global problem not a local one, if you are going to hate on Texas for producing so much oil then stop using Oil.

And how it is Tesla's fault that Texas refines so much oil, they are supposed to avoid the state because of this? YOU are the reason it happens, I am the reason. We all are. Tesla builds a giant factory in Texas so we can move away from burning oil and you consider it hypocrisy.

There is so much wrong with what you said.
In America when you sue someone, a judge than can then rule on the case, that's the law here. Was the decision correct? That's a completely different matter, Tesla can appeal if they are not happy with the decision

I don't care where Tesla incorporates, that's up to the board to decide. My contention is he can't just randomly put out an X and have people vote where they incorporate reacting to a decision that didn't go his way. That's not how it works, sorry. If he wants to act like a child and throw a tantrum, that's his choice, but please don't drag the company down and tank my stock

Last edited by AMIRZA786; 02-01-24 at 09:41 AM.
Old 02-01-24, 09:44 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

It seems you are getting your wish

Old 02-01-24, 09:50 AM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

In America when you sue someone, a judge than can then rule on the case, that's the law here. Was the decision correct? That's a completely different matter, Tesla can appeal if they are not happy with the decision
This it the first and only time a judge has overruled a BOD at least in Delaware. Look up the judge you will quickly see why it happened.
I don't care where Tesla incorporates, that's up to the board to decide.
Are you sure? How long until an activist judge rules the Tesla BODs can't do that either.
My contention is he can't just randomly put out an X and have people vote where they incorporate reacting to a decision that didn't go his way. That's not how it works, sorry. If he wants to act like a child and throw a tantrum, that's his choice, but please don't drag the company down and tank my stock
The person that took the stock from an IPO price of $1.62 to where it is today is the same person you are calling a child throwing a tantrum. Maybe just maybe TSLA is not for you, the amount of vitriol you have for Musk is quite remarkable. And again, the X poll is not going to decide, the BOD is.

Old 02-01-24, 09:58 AM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

It seems you are getting your wish

You paid for your Tesla because of a buying opportunity last year when the stock dropped like a stone. Now you're mad the stock is down again? I don't understand.
Old 02-01-24, 09:58 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

This it the first and only time a judge has overruled a BOD at least in Delaware. Look up the judge you will quickly see why it happened.

Are you sure? How long until an activist judge rules the Tesla BODs can't do that either.

The person that took the stock from an IPO price of $1.62 to where it is today is the same person you are calling a child throwing a tantrum. Maybe just maybe TSLA is not for you, the amount of vitriol you have for Musk is quite remarkable. And again, the X poll is not going to decide, the BOD is.
Tesla can appeal the decision. There's always going to be an activist judge, even if they sit on a bench in Texas. And why is it bad that I don't always agree with Musk? I can still think he's a brilliant guy but not agree with everything he does.

As soon as the stock hits $305, I'm out. Made my 3x, I'm done with all the drama and rollercoasters

Last edited by AMIRZA786; 02-01-24 at 10:01 AM.
Old 02-01-24, 11:51 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 658 Likes on 492 Posts

I'm not misinterpreting anything.

This is VERY obviously an attempt to say, the public should not be making any decisions for Tesla. And you have it backwards, verified users ARE the public because they are verified to be real people not bots.
But, you clearly are misinterpreting what I was referring to, which was the twitter/x POLL. I hope it's now clear for you.
Old 02-01-24, 12:02 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,434 Likes on 1,596 Posts

so i'm trying to understand this here... some shareholders sued tesla over musk's compensation, and tesla is currently incorporated in delaware, is that right?

so what happens to musk's compensation? goes to zero?

Quick Reply: Tesla Business and News Thread