EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

BMW i7

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-23 | 06:21 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Nothing against Tesla, I would love to have a Tesla in concept the product itself just isn't for me.
The following users liked this post:
BayeauxLex (11-02-23)
Old 11-02-23 | 07:33 AM
signdetres
Racer

Originally Posted by SW17LS
I don't "care" what anybody else thinks of what I buy
So you don't care...

but I wouldn't be being honest if I didn't admit that I also don't want to be arguing about my car being ugly every time I post a picture of it. If I got an i7 I'd probably stop posting here as much quite honestly.
Except you do
Old 11-02-23 | 07:36 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by signdetres
So you don't care...

Except you do
Its not going to impact my decision about what I buy, but anybody would get tired of people constantly arguing with them about liking their own car. Thats why "care" is in parentheses. The same people rehash the same opinions over and over whenever this particular car comes up and then argue with you because you disagree. Would I enjoy that happening every time I post a picture of my car? No lol
Old 11-02-23 | 07:41 AM
signdetres
Racer

Its not going to impact my decision about what I buy, but anybody would get tired of people constantly arguing with them about liking their own car. Thats why "care" is in parentheses. The same people rehash the same opinions over and over whenever this particular car comes up.
Gotcha. I hope you wouldn't let that stop you from enjoying the i7 and sharing your journey with it here if you were to go that route. I think it's a wonderful car and I like the styling a lot, it's really grown on me. And just remember, the majority of the people that are constantly rehashing those negative opinions likely can't even afford the car, so it really doesn't mean a whole lot. I'd let it brush off
Old 11-02-23 | 07:46 AM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Or you could just be kind to others. Maybe repeat the second grade lol
Total lack of self awareness.
Old 11-02-23 | 07:51 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BayeauxLex
My friend who is a MYLR owner personally doesn’t think the MY is a good looking car. As a matter of fact he stated it’s ugly. I too own a Prius as well and I honestly bought it because it can go 550+ real world miles on 1 tank of gas. Other than that it’s very slow and not attractive.

Inside??? What’s inside besides a small gaming monitor for a screen?🧐 The quality is hit or miss, sometimes mostly miss. My friend’s 6 month old MY has interior and exterior rattles that’s been serviced and it’s still rattling. It’s been in for service 3x times already for quality issues. If I’m not mistaken, your charge port door is misaligned.

Not here to bash Tesla but I’ve come to learn on this forum when it comes to EV, there are other options.
​​​​​​ I've owned and driven numerous cars over my lifetime, and own several EV's and have driven most of the top EV'S (and reviewed them), and Tesla is by far, IMO of course, the best car I've ever owned. There are cars that have things like better comfort and suspension, but it doesn't mean they are good cars. Tesla has the highest customer loyalty of any other brand, so it's not just me.

BTW I understand not everyone is going to like Tesla's, like SW who wants more luxury, doesn't like how it looks, and I'm fine with that. Yes there are other choices, and I always encourage people to buy what suits them. But I stand by it being the best car I've ever owned
Old 11-02-23 | 07:57 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Its not going to impact my decision about what I buy, but anybody would get tired of people constantly arguing with them about liking their own car. Thats why "care" is in parentheses. The same people rehash the same opinions over and over whenever this particular car comes up and then argue with you because you disagree. Would I enjoy that happening every time I post a picture of my car? No lol
This is hilarious. I remember back when I bought my 2013 ES. There was this one guy who always came into that forum just to bash the cheap interior quality of it. Over and over again. Do you remember that guy? LOL
Old 11-02-23 | 08:00 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by signdetres
Gotcha. I hope you wouldn't let that stop you from enjoying the i7 and sharing your journey with it here if you were to go that route. I think it's a wonderful car and I like the styling a lot, it's really grown on me. And just remember, the majority of the people that are constantly rehashing those negative opinions likely can't even afford the car, so it really doesn't mean a whole lot. I'd let it brush off
It won’t make any difference lol

Originally Posted by Mike728
This is hilarious. I remember back when I bought my 2013 ES. There was this one guy who always came into that forum just to bash the cheap interior quality of it. Over and over again. Do you remember that guy? LOL
I do remember that, and that was driven by my own frustration with Lexus over those changes since I wanted to like that car myself, but it was rude. I apologize for that.
Old 11-02-23 | 08:28 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

And that's concludes my review of the i7
Old 11-02-23 | 08:32 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
And that's concludes my review of the i7
Hahahahahaha!
Old 11-02-23 | 06:57 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

(model s) And dramatically smaller inside.
my comment about the model s being 4 1/2" lower than the i7 was because you said the i7 was tall because of batteries and yet tesla can make it not as tall.
i'm sure the i7 needs to be taller to fit acres of sound deadening material and Himalayan goats fur carpeting.

You drive the flashiest Lexus ever made lol Everywhere you go it makes everybody look at you.
haha... 'flashiest lexus' is like the tallest little person.

the lc is high quality and styish but i wouldn't say it's flashy, especially not inside. doesn't even have ambient lighting.

This car isn't flashy?

definitely is. i see little point in the hyperscreen or SO MUCH ambient lighting.

I don't like most Teslas, but I don't post repeatedly in any discussion of these Teslas how ugly I think they are and argue with everybody who likes them like you two do in ANY discussion of the new 7.
no, you reserve those comments for the EQS. every. single. time.
Old 11-02-23 | 07:04 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
my comment about the model s being 4 1/2" lower than the i7 was because you said the i7 was tall because of batteries and yet tesla can make it not as tall.
i'm sure the i7 needs to be taller to fit acres of sound deadening material and Himalayan goats fur carpeting.
Its tall because of the batteries coupled with the space. If the i7 had no batteries it could be lower and still have the same vertical height to the cabin.

You might be surprised to know the new 7 is only like 1 inch taller than the new S Class...

haha... the lc is high quality and styish but i wouldn't say it's flashy, especially not inside. doesn't even have ambient lighting.
Not talking about the inside, the outside. Its one of the flashiest most attention grabbing cars on the road.

no, you reserve those comments for the EQS. every. single. time.
When the car was first revealed I posted my opinions on the subject, but I don't continue to do so unless its the topic of the conversation.
Old 11-02-23 | 08:10 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Not talking about the inside, the outside. Its one of the flashiest most attention grabbing cars on the road.
maybe because mine is a dark color, but i've barely noticed anyone look at it. had a person compliment it in a parking lot. and 2 others have given me a thumbs up.
Old 11-03-23 | 09:04 AM
jrmckinley
Pole Position

Nothing against Tesla, I would love to have a Tesla in concept the product itself just isn't for me.
Sounds like i7 is about twice the price of the Model S (roughly $70k vs $140k). I'd have a hard time justifying 2x the price of the i7.
Old 11-03-23 | 09:40 AM
B Dot
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jrmckinley
Sounds like i7 is about twice the price of the Model S (roughly $70k vs $140k). I'd have a hard time justifying 2x the price of the i7.
Not just you i7 is really struggling. Bmw has ramped up incentives and this month are including a wallbox charger and installation up to 2k if you buy/lease one. But pretty much every dealer is trying to give them away.

Quick Reply: BMW i7