EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

General EV Conversation

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-24, 03:49 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,730 Likes on 1,956 Posts

Why is Apple having the self awareness to realize that buying Tesla and/or making a car is not in their wheelhouse a bad thing? Why aren't we dissing Tesla because they don't make phones and electronics and computers? Because that would equally make no sense.

Its easy to look backwards and say "well they didn't even want to talk to Tesla, aren't they stupid?" Buying Tesla might have ruined Apple...and might have ruined Tesla. Unless you have a time machine you won't ever know. How about how stupid would Elon have been if he had sold Tesla to Apple at that point? Tim Cook saved Elon from his own foolishness.
The following users liked this post:
bitkahuna (02-28-24)
Old 02-28-24, 03:53 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,933 Likes on 2,470 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
How about how stupid would Elon have been if he had sold Tesla to Apple at that point? Tim Cook saved Elon from his own foolishness.
Tesla could have died then we'd be looking back and saying if only Apple saved Tesla. Easy now for you to use time machine logic.
Old 02-28-24, 04:04 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LeX2K
Tesla could have died then we'd be looking back and saying if only Apple saved Tesla. Easy now for you to use time machine logic.
Thats why none of these arguments make any sense. It would have been a mistake for Elon to sell Tesla to Apple, and it could very well have been a mistake for Apple to buy Tesla. Everything worked out fine for everybody.
Old 02-28-24, 04:12 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Why aren't we dissing Tesla because they don't make phones and electronics and computers? Because that would equally make no sense.
Elon is doing business in the smart phone sector.
https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...mobile-phones/

Also Tesla makes ASICs like Apple, and Tesla has their own supercompute cluster. Tesla makes their infotainment computer in house, and most of the motor and charging control boards. Seems you don't actually know what Tesla is up to.
Old 02-28-24, 04:23 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

When Tesla's phone, tablet and laptop come out...let me know.

Seriously this Elon adoration is creepy. Lots of smart people in the world, he's not the only one.

Old 02-28-24, 04:40 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

When Tesla's phone, tablet and laptop come out...let me know.
When Apple has a car, a robot, grid storage, charging network, satellites......never mind.

Apple tried to push into Tesla's wheelhouse and failed you can try and sugar coat all you want. They were humiliated.
Old 02-28-24, 04:46 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LeX2K
When Apple has a car, a robot, grid storage, charging network, satellites......never mind.
But Apple isn't in that business. Comparing the two companies doesn't make any sense, they are in completely different industries. I can list off all the things Apple does and ask why Tesla doesn't do those things but that would make no sense. Why doesn't Tesla have a line of successful cookware? Where is Tesla's line of televisions? Why didn't Tesla design the vaccine for COIVID? Equally ridiculous all of it.

Apple tried to push into Tesla's wheelhouse and failed you can try and sugar coat all you want. They were humiliated.
Humiliated how? Apple may have considered making a car, and may have decided not to or they may still be considering and planning to make a car, I fail to see how deciding something wasn't the right direction for their company is humiliating.

You want so badly to put everybody but Tesla down.
Old 02-28-24, 05:05 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

But Apple isn't in that business.
Not for lack of trying, I just read they spend $140 billion on the project.
Comparing the two companies doesn't make any sense, they are in completely different industries.
Yet here you are discussing Apple in an electric vehicle forum.
I can list off all the things Apple does and ask why Tesla doesn't do those things but that would make no sense. Why doesn't Tesla have a line of successful cookware? Where is Tesla's line of televisions? Why didn't Tesla design the vaccine for COIVID? Equally ridiculous all of it.
Apple wanted to directly compete with Tesla, odd since according to you they have nothing in common. You really shouldn't bring up Televisions it doesn't help your argument.
Humiliated how? Apple may have considered making a car,
They didn't just consider it they tossed a pile of money at it they fully intended on making a Tesla competitor
https://www.forbes.com/wheels/news/a...back-on-track/
and may have decided not to or they may still be considering and planning to make a car,
Apple is still planning to make a car? Now you're making things up project Titan is dead.
I fail to see how deciding something wasn't the right direction for their company is humiliating.
That's because you are unable to see anything negative when it comes to Apple.
You want so badly to put everybody but Tesla down.
I didn't post an inflammatory insinuating (and frankly childish) picture. I have a lot of respect for Tim Cook, but he totally blew it this time.
Old 02-28-24, 05:09 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

You’re the one who brought Apple up lol. I have zero problems discussing negative things about Apple, you’re projecting your own zealotry on to me. Apples a company that makes electronics to me, nothing more. I just don’t see what the issue is with a company deciding that they don’t want to be in a specific field is, or why that’s humiliating.

When Elon Musk comes into the forum he can complain I posted a picture that is “insulting”. There is no reason a goofy picture of Elon Musk should offend you, you’re not him, related to him, friends with him, he’s not a religious figure…
Old 02-28-24, 05:15 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Received 2,149 Likes on 1,671 Posts

C'mon guys. Apple didn't build an EV for whatever reason. End of story. Let's move on to more productive discussions, like "why do I exist"? Or why does my daughter like Taylor Swift?
Old 02-28-24, 05:20 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Just sick and tired of any comment about Tesla disintegrating into this…would really like to talk about EVs without this happening.
bitkahuna (02-28-24)
Old 02-28-24, 05:27 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Just sick and tired of any comment about Tesla disintegrating into this…would really like to talk about EVs without this happening.
"I want to talk about EVs"

This forum wouldn't exist without Elon you're going to have to deal with that.
Old 02-28-24, 05:30 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

I have no issue with Elon or Tesla as long as we don’t all have to praise him and everything he does and pretend he’s the only intelligent and successful CEO on earth. You personally have convinced me to never buy a Tesla lol.
Old 02-28-24, 05:32 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

I have no issue with Elon or Tesla as long as we don’t all have to praise him and everything he does and pretend he’s the only intelligent and successful CEO on earth. You personally have convinced me to never buy a Tesla lol.
Wow, I have amazing power over you.
Hameed (02-29-24)
Old 02-28-24, 05:37 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

The zealotry is completely off putting to me, I don’t want any part of it.

Quick Reply: General EV Conversation