EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

General EV Conversation

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-24, 08:02 AM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Received 234 Likes on 196 Posts

I still don't want to live in an HOA but there are tree branches from where one fell from the storm, a big Leyland Cybres. It was cut up and placed on the side of the entrance boulevard.

It's annoying me. When our trees die, we pay good money to have them removed. We just had two removed, it cost us almost a grand.

You can't enter my neighborhood without looking at all that crap and I'm sick of it. Still, it'll get dealt with eventually and I don't want an HOA.
Old 09-23-24, 08:10 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,504 Likes on 1,646 Posts

^^ thanks for that.
Old 09-23-24, 08:15 AM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
^^ thanks for that.
Lol it got brought up.....
Old 09-23-24, 02:23 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,772 Likes on 1,979 Posts

Originally Posted by AJT123
I still don't want to live in an HOA but there are tree branches from where one fell from the storm, a big Leyland Cybres. It was cut up and placed on the side of the entrance boulevard.

It's annoying me. When our trees die, we pay good money to have them removed. We just had two removed, it cost us almost a grand.

You can't enter my neighborhood without looking at all that crap and I'm sick of it. Still, it'll get dealt with eventually and I don't want an HOA.
My neighbor had a big branch come down right next to my property line and she never did anything about it. Her lawn service just has been mowing around it, so I paid to have it cut down and removed because I was tired of looking at it. Had there been an HOA they would have handled it and billed her.

Thats just it, with no HOA how are those limbs ever going to get removed? You can try and get the county to do it.
Old 09-23-24, 02:49 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SW17LS
My neighbor had a big branch come down right next to my property line and she never did anything about it. Her lawn service just has been mowing around it, so I paid to have it cut down and removed because I was tired of looking at it. Had there been an HOA they would have handled it and billed her.

Thats just it, with no HOA how are those limbs ever going to get removed? You can try and get the county to do it.
The city would take it all, but we are like 1/4 mile from the line.

Who knows. I'm not going to do anything but I know someone who lives in here will. SOMEONE will start raising hell somewhere and somehow.
Old 09-23-24, 04:25 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,772 Likes on 1,979 Posts

How much stuff is it? Have you tried calling the county?
Old 09-23-24, 08:24 PM
Margate330
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,029 Likes on 814 Posts

a century is too fast?

if you don't like the speed of change in the past century, you're really not going to like the pace of change this century.
It's too fast.
You'll see. 🤓
Old 09-23-24, 09:06 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

How much stuff is it? Have you tried calling the county?
I’ll take a pic tomorrow…
Old 09-24-24, 04:46 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Margate330
It's too fast.
You'll see. 🤓
it may be 'too fast' but what can one do?
i do believe rapid change will cause all sorts of problems as people are overwhelmed and bewildered.

electric vehicles are not really a big change overall, but self driving cars will be.
Old 09-24-24, 05:42 AM
Allen K
-0----0-
Forum Moderator

Received 802 Likes on 560 Posts

it may be 'too fast' but what can one do?
i do believe rapid change will cause all sorts of problems as people are overwhelmed and bewildered.

electric vehicles are not really a big change overall, but self driving cars will be.
I was very impressed with the actually smart summon teaser they shared recently. I remember the early days of summon where I was in an empty parking lot and it was very jerky trying to get it to come over to me
Old 09-24-24, 06:09 AM
DanTeSlagX
Driver

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Gettting up over 80k miles on my 3 year old Model 3 dual motor long range. I also bought the acceleration boost that makes it faster than a model Y Performance.

Love how easy it is to own, and just get in and go. It’s been a terrific car. When you put 30k miles per year on a car, not having to fuel the thing with gas really reduces cost of ownership. I also charge at work about 1/3 of the time so that also helps a ton.

Starting to look at trading in on the new Highlander model 3 performance, or go back to a nice big substantial Lexus like a 16-17 LS460, or certified LS500. Even a base model S could be in the picture. The main thing that has been driving the desire to get back to a large Lexus is mainly that I miss the solid feel of my old LS, but I also want to drive something less frantic and aggressive. The Tesla attracts the worst people on the road and it’s grown annoying. So many people get all sorts of aggressive around me in that thing. Yet I’m invisible and ride serene when I’m driving our GX460. I’ll have to decide if it’s worth it over being able to run the climate control at any point (makes a nice makeshift home office), autopilot, etc.
The following users liked this post:
AMIRZA786 (09-24-24)
Old 09-24-24, 08:36 AM
Allen K
-0----0-
Forum Moderator

Received 802 Likes on 560 Posts

Kia EV's getting access to Tesla SCs starting January 15. No word on Hyundai strangely
Old 09-24-24, 08:44 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

that's great news! hyundai can't be far behind.
Old 09-24-24, 09:54 AM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Tagged you in HOA thread for response.
SW17LS (09-24-24)
Old 09-24-24, 10:31 AM
jrmckinley
Pole Position

Received 409 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by DanTeSlagX
Gettting up over 80k miles on my 3 year old Model 3 dual motor long range. I also bought the acceleration boost that makes it faster than a model Y Performance.

Love how easy it is to own, and just get in and go. It’s been a terrific car. When you put 30k miles per year on a car, not having to fuel the thing with gas really reduces cost of ownership. I also charge at work about 1/3 of the time so that also helps a ton.

Starting to look at trading in on the new Highlander model 3 performance, or go back to a nice big substantial Lexus like a 16-17 LS460, or certified LS500. Even a base model S could be in the picture. The main thing that has been driving the desire to get back to a large Lexus is mainly that I miss the solid feel of my old LS, but I also want to drive something less frantic and aggressive. The Tesla attracts the worst people on the road and it’s grown annoying. So many people get all sorts of aggressive around me in that thing. Yet I’m invisible and ride serene when I’m driving our GX460. I’ll have to decide if it’s worth it over being able to run the climate control at any point (makes a nice makeshift home office), autopilot, etc.
I owned an LS400, LS430, and LS460L before buying my MYP in December 2022. I don't personally see myself going back to a non-EV sedan, although I do understand what you are after. There is a massive difference in ride quality and overall how solid a car feels. I was out of town over the weekend and my rental car was a 2024 Audi A6. When I owned an LS, I thought an Audi A6 rode like garbage. Now I own a MYP and I like the way the A6 rides..! I think the new 3 would be a huge improvement in what you're seeking.

I'm kinda in the same boat honestly - I think the MYP has been the nice way to convince myself that I love EV ownership. Now I want to look at a model S and see what the ride quality is like. I'd also look at others like a BWM i5 or BMW i7. But one thing that was abundantly clear over the weekend is the Audi user interface is by far the worst interface I've ever used. I don't take for granted how well executed Tesla's interface is. I just wish the ride quality was better and the car was a bit more substantial.

DanTeSlagX (Yesterday)

Quick Reply: General EV Conversation