EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

General EV Conversation

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-24 | 09:14 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
Forgot to answer your last question. Cyber Truck is a niche product, it was meant to be industrial looking.
Cybertruck is outselling all other EV trucks combined, what does that make them?
I don't think you paint stainless steel, maybe I'm wrong.
You can, either via a special primer or etching with an acid like phosphoric acid. But Cybertruck uses stainless in part to skip the paint booth.
People are doing their own stuff to individualize their vehicles. I'm seeing them wrapped from gloss black to pink.
Cybertruck has to be the most wrapped vehicle ever. Also some are giving it a mirror finish, if I buy one I'm doing this.

Zero guilt is one of my fave things about my Tesla and can heat or cool the car at any time vehicle can be anywhere.
Originally Posted by SW17LS
I don’t think a Model 3 has much character, personally. Not because it’s an EV it’s just mass produced, they’re everywhere and all identical…etc.
What car is everywhere and also unique?
Old 09-26-24 | 09:19 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Let’s move on from the gas vs EV discussion please.
The following 3 users liked this post by DaveGS4:
AMIRZA786 (09-26-24), BayeauxLex (09-26-24), LeX2K (09-26-24)
Old 09-26-24 | 09:29 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LeX2K
Cybertruck is outselling all other EV trucks combined, what does that make them?

You can, either via a special primer or etching with an acid like phosphoric acid. But Cybertruck uses stainless in part to skip the paint booth.

Cybertruck has to be the most wrapped vehicle ever. Also some are giving it a mirror finish, if I buy one I'm doing this.

Zero guilt is one of my fave things about my Tesla and can heat or cool the car at any time vehicle can be anywhere.

What car is everywhere and also unique?
When I used the word 'niche' for the Cyber Truck, I meant more unique looking. In other words, you know exactly what it is even from far away, no mistaking it for anything else
Old 09-26-24 | 09:31 PM
BayeauxLex
Racer

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Let’s move on from the gas vs EV discussion please.
Ok who called the police👮‍♂️? @LeX2K was that you to keep from answering which exhibited more character?🤣 ok Dave I’m done
Old 09-26-24 | 09:33 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

When I used the word 'niche' for the Cyber Truck, I meant more unique looking. In other words, you know exactly what it is even from far away, no mistaking it for anything else
Isn't that the ultimate in vehicle character? It's impossible to mistake a Cybertruck for anything else, and if you've never seen one before you'll never forget it. Not many vehicles have ever pulled that off.
Originally Posted by BayeauxLex
Ok who called the police👮‍♂️? @LeX2K was that you to keep from answering which exhibited more character?🤣 ok Dave I’m done
Character is a personal preference you didn't write the book on what it is.
Old 09-26-24 | 09:36 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Above what I considered gives a vehicle character. What was pointed out my Prius doesn’t have that I also think EVs don’t have as well.

All in all, I’m not saying one is better than the other. It’s just a personal preference.
I see. I agree, every vehicle has some unique characteristics about it. Some are straight line cars, some are good on the track. And some are just commuters to get you from A to B. I don't track, I just need a straight line vehicle that gets me from A to B, with some occasional light to light action
The following users liked this post:
BayeauxLex (09-26-24)
Old 09-26-24 | 09:42 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Well it wasn't me, but I was about to publicly ask you to refrain from EV vs ICE posting, because these ultimately can turn into arguments. I don't report people unless I feel they are trolling or a discussion is turning into a fight
BayeauxLex (09-26-24)
Old 09-26-24 | 09:44 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Isn't that the ultimate in vehicle character? It's impossible to mistake a Cybertruck for anything else, and if you've never seen one before you'll never forget it. Not many vehicles have ever pulled that off.

The Cyber Truck 100 percent has character. But that doesn't make it pretty 😄
Old 09-26-24 | 09:53 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Well I love it. 100% shaped like that out of necessity and the underlying tech is ahead of the entire industry.

On a related note EVs with vehicle to grid capability are proving valuable or even life saving right now in Florida, every EV should have this feature.
Old 09-26-24 | 09:57 PM
BayeauxLex
Racer

Thats why I stated “imo” as others have shared what gives a vehicle character to them. I was just asking you which has more character to you?

Well it wasn't me, but I was about to publicly ask you to refrain from EV vs ICE posting, because these ultimately can turn into arguments. I don't report people unless I feel they are trolling or a discussion is turning into a fight
I know I know. We just need Dave to unsubscribe for a little bit as I have no intention for this be a pissing match but a healthy discussion among car enthusiasts talking cars. I respect a person’s taste and choice in cars. You may see something in a vehicle that I don’t see but am open to seeing and learning about said vehicle.
AMIRZA786 (09-26-24)
Old 09-26-24 | 09:58 PM
Blaze876
Instructor

No, we come from the same world as you, we're not some alien species . Our focus just shifted to a new reality we like better
So here is another reality that you should really consider. Everything is going either Hybrid, or BEV. Even high end sports cars are getting electric assist. Regular passenger commuters are downsizing to four cylinders. In the next 5 or 10 years from now, you'll only be able to buy either a hybrid or an EV. In those high end sports cars where you crave that exhaust and visceral road feel, it will all be artificial. Even my friends M4 Comp I spent the day with, the exhaust was piped into the cabin, and the road feel was, let's say created. The cars you are talking about will be a thing of the past, and only available to those who held on to their older cars
That's exactly my point though. You don't gain or feel much when it comes to the sound and mechanical feel of an ICE which is 100% fine. But you also have to understand it's a huge deal for others. The biggest ev party trick is straight line speed and I have never been a fan of that. Then when it comes to the smooth and quiet power train of an EV....I have modded every vehicle exhaust I have ever owned. So an EV will just be a boring daily for me.

Now on the other hand if you love straight line speed, smooth and quiet power train then nothing beats an EV.

Good point, it's slowly going away, so why would I jump into an EV now? It's best to enjoy ICE while it's still here until it's no longer an option. Just cruising around town, not passing 2k rpm and hearing the rumble from my Cayenne GTS is satisfying. Now put me in an EV cruising at 45 mph what exactly is satisfying? How quiet it is? Lol for me no thanks, for others like yourself you find it satisfying which is completely fine. We all like different things.

SW17LS did bring up a good point, a LC500H is boring and dull compared to the LC500. Even if the LC500H was faster than the LC500H we would still find it boring / sterile.
​​​​​​
​​​​
BayeauxLex (09-26-24)
Old 09-26-24 | 10:02 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Well I love it. 100% shaped like that out of necessity and the underlying tech is ahead of the entire industry.

On a related note EVs with vehicle to grid capability are proving valuable or even life saving right now in Florida, every EV should have this feature.
Well, you keep loving it. Love is truly blind 😍

With the hurricanes right now, definitely useful, but you have to have the proper setup at the house side for it to work
Old 09-26-24 | 10:02 PM
BayeauxLex
Racer

Tesla truck to me is unique…won’t get my vote in a beauty pageant but what I view from a character standpoint …0️⃣…none whatsoever.
Old 09-26-24 | 10:05 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Well, you keep loving it. Love is truly blind 😍

With the hurricanes right now, definitely useful, but you have to have the proper setup at the house side for it to work
If you don't have the house wired for it then run an extension cord or two so you can power essential devices.
AMIRZA786 (09-26-24)
Old 09-26-24 | 10:09 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Blaze876
That's exactly my point though. You don't gain or feel much when it comes to the sound and mechanical feel of an ICE which is 100% fine. But you also have to understand it's a huge deal for others. The biggest ev party trick is straight line speed and I have never been a fan of that. Then when it comes to the smooth and quiet power train of an EV....I have modded every vehicle exhaust I have ever owned. So an EV will just be a boring daily for me.

Now on the other hand if you love straight line speed, smooth and quiet power train then nothing beats an EV.

Good point, it's slowly going away, so why would I jump into an EV now? It's best to enjoy ICE while it's still here until it's no longer an option. Just cruising around town, not passing 2k rpm and hearing the rumble from my Cayenne GTS is satisfying. Now put me in an EV cruising at 45 mph what exactly is satisfying? How quiet it is? Lol for me no thanks, for others like yourself you find it satisfying which is completely fine. We all like different things.

SW17LS did bring up a good point, a LC500H is boring and dull compared to the LC500. Even if the LC500H was faster than the LC500H we would still find it boring / sterile.
​​​​​​
​​​​
I don't create the rules, I just adjust to them. My advice, buy the car you want and hold on to it. I'm sure you could easily find a used LC500 at a decent price. Once they are discontinued... price shoots up

Quick Reply: General EV Conversation