EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

2023 Ioniq 5 Limited AWD

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-23, 07:45 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,718 Likes on 1,946 Posts

The most I’ve gotten is a keychain lol
The following users liked this post:
bitkahuna (10-12-23)
Old 10-12-23, 07:56 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,372 Likes on 1,557 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
The most I’ve gotten is a keychain lol
ha. with the g90 i got an amazon alexa device (nicely etched with genesis on it).

with the santa fe i got a big tool bag with lights, road markers, jumper cables and all sorts of emergency stuff. maybe that's because it's a hyundai and will catch fire.

with this car i got another one of those kits so now i have two, plus who the hell needs jumper cables with an EV lol, plus a t-shirt (no, not wearing a t-shirt with the dealer's name on it except for yard work or maybe when washing the car ).
bowser (10-12-23)
Old 10-12-23, 07:58 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

today's items of note...

the steering wheel has a flat bottom (nice touch).

when using cruise, if one pedal (or i-pedal as hyundai calls it) is engaged, when tapping the brakes to come off cruise (or probably just hitting the steering wheel button to disengage), if you don't have your foot on the 'gas' pedal enough to kind of even out the speed you're doing, the car will abruptly slow down of course. it will take a bit of getting used to.

and in another nod to tesla, you can see that when on a highway, the gauge cluster shows a display with makers for all the cars around.

(the big 'bars' on the windshield are the wipers caught in motion, it was raining ).
The following 2 users liked this post by bitkahuna:
bowser (10-12-23), signdetres (10-13-23)
Old 10-12-23, 08:12 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Received 2,098 Likes on 1,630 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
ha. with the g90 i got an amazon alexa device (nicely etched with genesis on it).

with the santa fe i got a big tool bag with lights, road markers, jumper cables and all sorts of emergency stuff. maybe that's because it's a hyundai and will catch fire.

with this car i got another one of those kits so now i have two, plus who the hell needs jumper cables with an EV lol, plus a t-shirt (no, not wearing a t-shirt with the dealer's name on it except for yard work or maybe when washing the car ).
Actually jumper cables come on handy if the Low voltage battery dies. Hyundai uses a lead acid battery for the low voltage battery
Old 10-13-23, 07:47 AM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

The one feature I really liked about Hyundai was when you engaged the turn signal a blind spot camera would appear in the dash, left and right. Does the EV model you have still have that?
bitkahuna (10-13-23)
Old 10-13-23, 08:08 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Man, go Hyundai!

Originally Posted by rogerh00
The one feature I really liked about Hyundai was when you engaged the turn signal a blind spot camera would appear in the dash, left and right. Does the EV model you have still have that?
I love that too
bitkahuna (10-13-23)
Old 10-13-23, 09:11 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Received 2,098 Likes on 1,630 Posts

Originally Posted by rogerh00
It does, he has the Limited which includes blindspot camera
Old 10-14-23, 08:12 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

learned a couple of new things...

you can't fold/unfold the mirrors with the button if you're going above 5mph. why do i use the button you ask? good question. my '3rd car' garage has a separate garage door that's narrow so i manually fold and unfold the mirrors before driving in and after backing out.

car came with free sirius/xm for 3 months i think... i hadn't used it in a few years, so decided to see if i'd missed anything.
that would be a no. AWFUL audio quality. crap content. 1 dimensional stations.
won't be turning that on again...

seats are VERY comfortable.
driver's leg rest/ottoman is useless.
bowser (10-14-23)
Old 10-14-23, 08:21 PM
swajames
Pole Position

Received 649 Likes on 404 Posts

completely agree that the audio quality for SiriusXM is terrible when listening via satellite, there are some stations I used to quite like, though. On the audio quality front, you can also stream the broadcast content via their app and that does give you the option to stream at various (much higher) bitrates. Via the app the audio quality is much better than over the air.
bowser (10-14-23)
Old 10-14-23, 08:31 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

The ottoman all depends on how long your legs are. I personally love the extending thigh cushion.
Old 10-14-23, 08:35 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

swajames, the stations you like, are they talk or music?
for music, why not just use a music subscription and get exactly what you want plus other curated music related to what you like?
for talk, i'll listen to fm or podcasts/streaming.
Old 10-15-23, 06:24 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 292 Likes on 175 Posts

you can't fold/unfold the mirrors with the button if you're going above 5mph. why do i use the button you ask? good question. my '3rd car' garage has a separate garage door that's narrow so i manually fold and unfold the mirrors before driving in and after backing out.

car came with free sirius/xm for 3 months i think... i hadn't used it in a few years, so decided to see if i'd missed anything.

What button are you referring to? Remote? What's the significance of 5mph in this context?

Old 10-15-23, 07:25 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Hameed
What button are you referring to? Remote? What's the significance of 5mph in this context?
so of course the mirrors can auto fold and unfold with locking/unlocking the car, but there's also a button on the door to do it manually by the other mirror controls.

i'm guessing the button doesn't work above 5mph because a) people should be paying attention to driving and not futzing with mirror folding and b) they don't want mirrors impacted by wind resistance as they fold/unfold.
Old 10-15-23, 07:27 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

The mirrors on my Mercedes don't fold over 5MPH or so either. On the Chrysler you can fold them at 80 lol
Old 10-15-23, 07:56 AM
1111GS

Received 91 Likes on 79 Posts

Got to love that button too. Lol. You go into that tight garage over 5mph? My garage is not as tight but I do use that button like you do. I just don't want to risk scraping a mirror. Going out I'm OK because I can see exactly where the mirror edges are. I keep telling my wife it's easier to back in when she sees/wows a female driver backing into a spot.

Quick Reply: 2023 Ioniq 5 Limited AWD