EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

2025 Hyundai Ioniq 5 N getting great reviews

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-24 | 12:52 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Hameed
I don't understand how the car didn't flip over cornering at such high speeds ....🤔
heavy battery down low, low, low...

The following users liked this post:
Margate330 (09-22-24)
Old 09-18-24 | 03:47 AM
Motorola
Lexus Test Driver

This is pretty wild - a Chinese car journalist took an Ioniq 5N, Lotus Eletre, Taycan, Model 3 Performance, and Xiaomi SU7 onto the same race track back-to-back with no mods. Not only was the I5N the fastest car to complete the lap, it did so numerous times without having to recharge or overheating while the other cars could manage only one lap. Taycan was the only one of the losers to do two laps and would have definitely been faster if it wasn't the base RWD version, but it's unlikely that it would have been able to complete more laps. The Xiaomi couldn't even complete one lap.

The original video wasn't posted on YouTube so it was uploaded by a Korean channel with their commentary:

Last edited by Motorola; 09-18-24 at 03:58 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Motorola:
Allen K (09-21-24), AMIRZA786 (09-18-24)
Old 09-20-24 | 06:41 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

I saw one of these tonight. Looked good, catchy design.
Margate330 (09-22-24)
Old 09-22-24 | 08:39 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Hameed
I don't understand how the car didn't flip over cornering at such high speeds ....🤔
Originally Posted by bitkahuna

That's part of it. Traction/stability control (and possibly roll-control features) may have also played a part. You'll notice that on some of those curves, the driver did almost lose it for a second or two, but the rear end immediately got back in line and straightened out.
Margate330 (09-22-24)
Old 09-22-24 | 08:52 PM
Margate330
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
I'm sure that helps a lot having a low center of gravity.

Originally Posted by Toys4RJill
I saw one of these tonight. Looked good, catchy design.
So far it has my vote for the best looking Hyundai ever made.
​​​​​​
That's a big compliment coming from me because I've never been a fan of their styling but this car does it ok.
Old 09-22-24 | 09:13 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

ooops wrong thread
Old 10-05-24 | 09:56 PM
Motorola
Lexus Test Driver

I've never seen Mark and Jack disagree so much in one video. I don't know why Mark continues to review EV's when he's grown to hate and dismiss almost all of them.

Old 10-05-24 | 10:28 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Mark drives an EV daily according to him. I agree with Mark on several key points the car costs too much and the fake noises are disqualifying they shouldn't exist. Take that engineering time and put it elsewhere. Car needs to lose weight as well would help a whole lot with range.
Old 10-05-24 | 10:37 PM
Motorola
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LeX2K
Mark drives an EV daily according to him. I agree with Mark on several key points the car costs too much and the fake noises are disqualifying they shouldn't exist. Take that engineering time and put it elsewhere. Car needs to lose weight as well would help a whole lot with range.
Every EV makes fake noise and they can all be turned off. None of that is tied to the engineering. I don't think I need to tell you that lol
Old 10-05-24 | 10:53 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Motorola
Every EV makes fake noise and they can all be turned off. None of that is tied to the engineering. I don't think I need to tell you that lol
It takes resources to code those sounds in especially to the extent they took it. But that's not why Mark wasn't crazy about the car he simply didn't like the entire package especially how it was at the track.
Old 10-05-24 | 11:04 PM
Motorola
Lexus Test Driver

It takes resources to code those sounds in especially to the extent they took it. But that's not why Mark wasn't crazy about the car he simply didn't like the entire package especially how it was at the track.
The only thing that was coded-in was the regenerative braking to simulate a DCT. Which you can also turn off. Also I'm not sure what kind of brilliant idea he was having by putting it in one-pedal mode on the track.

It seems like the main problem he has with the car is the idea that it even exists, like his decrying of most EV's that he claims are all "fake" and "disposable"
Old 10-05-24 | 11:10 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

I didn't get the vibe that he hates EVs and finds them disposable he just didn't like Hyundai putting all that effort into a package that comes across like a video game. I agree with him, buy a different Hyundai not the N.
Old 10-05-24 | 11:14 PM
Motorola
Lexus Test Driver

I didn't get the vibe that he hates EVs and finds them disposable he just didn't like Hyundai putting all that effort into a package that comes across like a video game. I agree with him, buy a different Hyundai not the N.
He went on a massive doomer rant against EV's months ago, as if his constantly dismissive reviews of them weren't obvious enough.

Old 10-06-24 | 08:24 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

I've never seen Mark and Jack disagree so much in one video. I don't know why Mark continues to review EV's when he's grown to hate and dismiss almost all of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMHamdjQ7nM&lc
It's all about getting clicks, that's it.
Old 10-06-24 | 08:48 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Every EV makes fake noise and they can all be turned off.
every ev is required to have fake noise at low speed so pedestrians don't get caught off guard. most ev's don't have any fake noise other than that.
an ioniq 5's low speed noise fades out around 20-25mph. you can't turn off its noise short of pulling a fuse.

Quick Reply: 2025 Hyundai Ioniq 5 N getting great reviews