EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

Ford backing away from EV commitment.

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-24, 09:43 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Received 2,266 Likes on 1,765 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
that's because the lightning is based off the ice shape/design but no longer has a honking great ice engine up front so of course the frunk should be bigger than CT. CT has the super short front overhang. like amirza though i think the ct is fugly (but mechanically / electrically awesome).
I think the biggest weakness for the Lightning is it loses Ford money. If you are the average truck owner, you don't tow 1000 lbs 300 miles, it's the perfect truck. It's built Ford tough, has plenty of power, is efficient for a vehicle with 600 HP, is very comfortable, has good range and uses Tesla superchargers... what more could you want, except maybe a lower price
Old 08-24-24, 01:12 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3,060 Likes on 2,572 Posts

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
On this point, the cybertruck may be better engineered than the Lightning, better constructed etc., but if you gave me a choice of which one I wanted, it would be the Lightning by a mile based on looks.
You really think the Lighting is a good looking truck? What about the rest of these? To me they are severely over styled, trying to be "macho" just for the sake of it.

Apparently buyers agree with me, Cybertruck is the best selling EV truck and is the best selling vehicle of any kind over $100,000 in the United States.
The following users liked this post:
AMIRZA786 (08-24-24)
Old 08-24-24, 01:38 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LeX2K
You really think the Lighting is a good looking truck? What about the rest of these? To me they are severely over styled, trying to be "macho" just for the sake of it.

Apparently buyers agree with me, Cybertruck is the best selling EV truck and is the best selling vehicle of any kind over $100,000 in the United States.
I'm a man, I wanna look like a man 🤣🤣! JK. Well from a looks stand point, the Chevy Silverado is the best looking truck to me. The lightning looks like a traditional truck, which is what I would want if buying a truck. I don't want people staring at me, I don't want people taking videos of me, or vandalizing my car, which is what you get from a Cyber Truck. Also, what happens if you get into a crash, and they have to cut through all that stainless steel plating to get me out?

I'm glad it's the best selling truck at that price, I hope they sell a load of them, but it's looks are just not for me. Model 3, Y, X and S yes, just not the Cyber Truck
Old 08-24-24, 01:53 PM
swajames
Pole Position

Received 727 Likes on 455 Posts

Per the most recent verifiable numbers the lighting still had the sales lead as of q2 going into q3.
Old 08-24-24, 02:00 PM
swajames
Pole Position

Received 727 Likes on 455 Posts

Wait what? It’s the other EV trucks that are “over styled”.

the thread seems to have jumped the shark!
Old 08-24-24, 02:30 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by swajames
Wait what? It’s the other EV trucks that are “over styled”.

the thread seems to have jumped the shark!
I understand what he trying to say, they are in some ways over styled, exception would be the Lightning, which looks like a normal truck. The Cyber truck on the other hand, is what I would I call weirdly styled. In order to stick to using stainless steel panels, they had to adopt this weird shape. That's it's aerodynamic, efficient and as stable as it is is what is amazing. And apparently the look appeals to a lot of people, people that like attention. I'm not one of those that likes to bring attention to myself. Case in point, yesterday someone parked their Cybertruck in our parking lot at work, and people were scrambling to find out which one of us had bought a Cybertruck. I don't like that kind of attention
BayeauxLex (08-24-24)
Old 08-24-24, 05:29 PM
BayeauxLex
Instructor

Received 199 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by LeX2K
The Tesla truck is a fad!! It’s more of a fad than a truck!! It’s great at one thing, drawing attention!
RX469 (08-24-24)
Old 08-24-24, 06:45 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,514 Likes on 1,653 Posts

Originally Posted by BayeauxLex
The Tesla truck is a fad!! It’s more of a fad than a truck!! It’s great at one thing, drawing attention!
and you called me, what was it, negative nathaniel?

when the ct comes down in price, this fad will be selling in even higher numbers.

no doubt tesla is gathering a ton of intel right now from the relatively small number of ct's out there, preparing for improvements. sure it likely won't change that basic wild look, but the important specs are likely to improve with maybe some variants and with lower prices.

Last edited by bitkahuna; 08-24-24 at 06:57 PM.
Old 08-24-24, 06:54 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
and you called me, what was it, negative nathaniel?

when the ct comes down in price, this fad will be selling in even higher numbers.

no doubt tesla is gathering a ton of intel right now from the relatively small number of ct's out there, preparing for improvements. sure it likely won't change that basic wild look, but the important specs are likely to improve with maybe some varianets and with lower prices.
I totally agree with this. If you get the cost of this truck below $80k, it's going to sell in huge numbers. It may never top F-150 sales, but it's going to sell really well. At it's current price point, I'm seeing at least 5 a day if not more. And don't ask me why, but people still gather around it to take pictures of it