EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

Lucid Air

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-21, 02:10 PM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
was watching goliath (billy bob thornton) on prime last night and looky what's in it...
thanks for the heads up that Goliath is back for it's last season. Somehow I missed it. Great show!!!!!Rivian is an also ran for me at ~$150k a copy.
Old 10-15-21, 02:32 PM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 227 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by rogerh00
thanks for the heads up that Goliath is back for it's last season. Somehow I missed it. Great show!!!!!Rivian is an also ran for me at ~$150k a copy.
A Rivian isn't that expensive. A really well loaded one is about $75k.
Old 10-15-21, 02:58 PM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by EZZ
A Rivian isn't that expensive. A really well loaded one is about $75k.
My bad, I meant to say Lucid. I assuming the sedan in the movie clip is the top of the line model.
Old 10-15-21, 03:03 PM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rogerh00
My bad, I meant to say Lucid. I assuming the sedan in the movie clip is the top of the line model.
Yeah...Lucids are very expensive. Rivian's are actually decently priced for what you get. I think they only make the highest end versions right now. They will have lower end offerings when they get production up.
Old 10-25-21, 11:13 AM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts
Default Lucid Air deliveries now underway

In the social media post, Lucid Air electric sedans all covered up in protective wrapping are sitting on a delivery truck, seemingly on their way to the driveways of waiting customers. In total, six sedans are pictured, though there's no telling how many have so far rolled out of the factory in Casa Grande, Arizona.

Lucid plans to build 520 Air Dream Edition sedans, each spinning out a total of 1,080 horsepower, a range of 520 miles and carrying an asking price of $169,000. Reports from the company about a month ago pegged initial deliveries before the end of October, so it seems the automaker is right on schedule with these initial models.

So far, Lucid claims to have more than 13,000 reservations for its Air sedan, though the breakdown of trim levels isn't known. The base version carries an asking price of at least $77,400. For comparison, the Tesla Model S currently (and we mean that literally, since the price is constantly changing) costs $94,990 to start.
Source
Old 10-25-21, 12:26 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

Received 2,826 Likes on 2,389 Posts

Lucid stock surging but I am in it for a 10x return.
Old 10-28-21, 08:50 AM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

LUCID is currently up over 25% is there some news that I've missed? I know they are apparently set to actually ship a few cars but that was known several days ago.
Old 10-28-21, 08:59 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by LeX2K
LUCID is currently up over 25% is there some news that I've missed? I know they are apparently set to actually ship a few cars but that was known several days ago.
Benzinga: Lucid shares are trading higher amid momentum in EV names and in anticipation of Lucid Air deliveries, which will begin Oct. 30. The stock has also seen mention on WallStreetBets.

Solid move. Didnt think it would pop on this news that was already known. But here we are. Would have re-entered in some options. Still in shares though.
Old 10-28-21, 09:41 AM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

If Lucid can ship the 422 cars this year or whatever the number is they promised the stock is going into orbit. I really hope Lucid does well we need U.S. companies to succeed in electric vehicles otherwise we'll all be driving cars made in China. I'm intrigued how Lucid apparently managed to get class leading efficiency, if true they have the best battery and motor tech.

Oh and I bought the dip recently, woo.
Old 10-28-21, 09:43 AM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

If Lucid can ship the 422 cars this year or whatever the number is they promised the stock is going into orbit. I really hope Lucid does well we need U.S. companies to succeed in electric vehicles otherwise we'll all be driving cars made in China. I'm intrigued how Lucid apparently managed to get class leading efficiency, if true they have the best battery and motor tech.

Oh and I bought the dip recently, woo.
Awesome. I hope Lucid does well too. You realize that Tesla is the one to thank for Lucid as it was started with a bunch of ex-Tesla employees
Old 10-28-21, 10:00 AM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by EZZ
You realize that Tesla is the one to thank for Lucid as it was started with a bunch of ex-Tesla employees
Yep. I do wonder about software though that's the hardest part of a modern vehicle outside of actually making the thing in volume. Oh and check LCID now there will be the inevitable pull back but holy schnikes.
Old 10-28-21, 12:09 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,372 Likes on 1,557 Posts

most. overvalued. stock. ever.

last quarter they lost $262M.

assuming wildly they make $50K/car profit (no chance), they need to sell 5240 cars in a quarter to break even.
Old 10-28-21, 12:24 PM
swajames
Pole Position

Received 649 Likes on 404 Posts

last quarter they lost $262M.

assuming wildly they make $50K/car profit (no chance), they need to sell 5240 cars in a quarter to break even.
They are only now delivering their first cars, so operating losses until then and for the foreseeable future are to be expected. I bought and am holding LCID, and will likely buy some more. It won't reach the same heights as TSLA, but it will get where it's going to get to quicker. With all the recent explosive growth, it's easy to forget that TSLA was in the relative doldrums for years, it didn't really start to pop until 2 to 3 years ago. It's been my best performer - I'm up 2100% on it. That level of return is unlikely for LCID, but I think there's a lot of room for them and their stock to grow.
Old 10-28-21, 12:45 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

Most over valued ever? Not even close, in the auto space Nikola Motor is the runaway winner so far. Also have we not learned the lesson about declaring a disruptive EV company over valued?
Originally Posted by swajames
They are only now delivering their first cars, so operating losses until then and for the foreseeable future are to be expected. I bought and am holding LCID, and will likely buy some more. It won't reach the same heights as TSLA, but it will get where it's going to get to quicker. With all the recent explosive growth, it's easy to forget that TSLA was in the relative doldrums for years, it didn't really start to pop until 2 to 3 years ago. It's been my best performer - I'm up 2100% on it. That level of return is unlikely for LCID, but I think there's a lot of room for them and their stock to grow.
Lucid has modest production expectations which is fine they are chasing the ultra luxury segment. I don't see their shares growing by the same factor as TSLA but like you say still plenty of room to grow.
Old 10-29-21, 03:34 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,372 Likes on 1,557 Posts

Most over valued ever? Not even close, in the auto space Nikola Motor is the runaway winner so far. Also have we not learned the lesson about declaring a disruptive EV company over valued?
but lucid isn't disruptive. They have an EV with a nice suit. Besides being fancier and having a longer range than a model S, how is it disruptive?

Lucid has modest production expectations which is fine they are chasing the ultra luxury segment.
It won't be 'fine' if they have no earnings. I say it's ludicrously overvalued because their market cap is getting close to that of FORD, a company already selling and shipping thousands of EVs and producing the highest selling vehicle in the u.s. for decades. Meanwhile, lucid might ship a few hundred before year end?

I don't see their shares growing by the same factor as TSLA but like you say still plenty of room to grow.
Lucid is not Tesla. Tesla was always about the more mainstream larger market longer term and good for them, they did it. Lucid will go into the european luxury buzzsaw of mb/audi/bmw/porsche, plus others. A tough road.

Lucid reminds me of Fisker, only a bit better.

I think rivian is also in a vastly stronger position than lucid.

Quick Reply: Lucid Air