EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

Lucid Air

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-21 | 01:16 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
Respectfully to AMIRZA786, but really? I find ZERO 'wow' factor about the exterior or interior. Sure it's fast and claims to have huge range, but gee, reports are showing your favorite hated EV, the EQS, is far exceeding it's stated range. I think the lucid will be about as successful as fisker.

I mentioned everything about the Lucid is great other than the exterior and the steering wheel.

The range of the EQS is great no question about that. It also weighs as much as a G63 AMG and looks so ugly from outside. The interior, no question is great (even though it's a bit over the top for me with the hyperscreen), however the overall design, not great visibility is a huge turn off for me.

And I don't "hate" the car. Not sure where you read that in any of my comments about it. Dislike is not the same as hate IMO.

Old 11-30-21 | 01:32 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Hameed
I mentioned everything about the Lucid is great other than the exterior and the steering wheel.

The range of the EQS is great no question about that. It also weighs as much as a G63 AMG and looks so ugly from outside. The interior, no question is great (even though it's a bit over the top for me with the hyperscreen), however the overall design, not great visibility is a huge turn off for me.

And I don't "hate" the car. Not sure where you read that in any of my comments about it. Dislike is not the same as hate IMO.
One thing @bitkahuna got wrong: The top of the line Lucid gets 522 miles on a charge, while the EQS gets 422 miles. The Air which I picked is the "economy" Lucid, which is why it gets 400 plus range and not 522. The Lucid is the fastest charging EV with the ability to fast charge 100 miles every 5 minutes up to 80 percent, where the charging rate drops dramatically. I don't care what anyone says, being able to get a 400 mile charge in 30 minutes is impressive. Owning a vehicle that can go 0 to 60 in less than 4 seconds and 400 WHP plus yet costs less than $12 or $13 to drive it 400 miles is impressive IMHO.

As far as some people not liking the styling, I take no offense in that. Everyone has their individual tastes. I find CUV's and SUV's very ugly yet that is what the majority of Americans prefer. To each their own
Old 11-30-21 | 01:36 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LeX2K
This is crazy talk. You can get 400 miles in 5 minutes no matter what.
Now you stop that crazy talk right now young man before I have you committed
Old 11-30-21 | 01:40 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Respectfully to AMIRZA786, but really? I find ZERO 'wow' factor about the exterior or interior. Sure it's fast and claims to have huge range, but gee, reports are showing your favorite hated EV, the EQS, is far exceeding it's stated range.
Best case scenario EQS got 442 miles at 67°F Lucid easily beats this.
I think the lucid will be about as successful as fisker.
I love these predictions keep em coming.
Old 11-30-21 | 02:06 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by TangoRed
I personally chose not to reserve a Lucid Air because of the exact reasons you listed. I don't have the heart to take on this level of risk.
a $300 refundable deposit is hardly a risk

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
Actually Rivian is the company on shakier ground. They admitted that they didn't have enough cash, and Amazon being their only backer is dangerous because if they decide to pull out, then Rivian is toast.
rivian just made billions in the ipo though, so that should help, but yeah, producing vehicles in capacity is enormously expensive. tesla almost didn't make it too.

Originally Posted by swajames
Other than Tesla where the leases suck, the federal credits have tended to be used by others to subvent the lease payments, so indirectly he likely did see the benefit.
Edit - AMIRZA786 already covered this as well.
and as i covered too in the quote from edmunds.

The carmaker will likely factor the credit into the cost of the lease to lower your monthly payment, but it isn't mandatory.

Old 11-30-21 | 02:13 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

That's exactly what I'm saying, there's no risk. Even If I lose $300 it's not like I'm going to go broke over it. I might cry a little...
Old 11-30-21 | 03:00 PM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

That's exactly what I'm saying, there's no risk. Even If I lose $300 it's not like I'm going to go broke over it. I might cry a little...
I have no intent on putting down a deposit on a car that I'm still going to feel uneasy with in 2022, or even early 2023. Things could go swimmingly over the next 2 years and I still won't believe they're out of the woods.
Old 11-30-21 | 03:03 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

I have no intent on putting down a deposit on a car that I'm still going to feel uneasy with in 2022, or even early 2023. Things could go swimmingly over the next 2 years and I still won't believe they're out of the woods.
It doesn't even make sense to put any amount of money down for a car you have no intention to buy, so, there you go. Discussion closed!
Old 11-30-21 | 03:11 PM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

It doesn't even make sense to put any amount of money down for a car you have no intention to buy, so, there you go. Discussion closed!
That was the gist of my original post in the first place...
Old 11-30-21 | 03:32 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

That was the gist of my original post in the first place...
IC. It's understandable that buying a product this expensive from a fairly new company that has just started delivering (deliveries started in October) can be risky, although in the case of Lucid they have some pretty big backers with deep pockets
Old 12-01-21 | 06:20 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

may have missed it here, but since they're now theoretically in production, did lucid give any impression as to when they might be able to fulfill your reservation?
Old 12-01-21 | 07:17 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

On another note going back to gas prices, I decided to try again and go to Costco to fill up before the lunch hour, and this was the line that greeted me:...

Every gas station is way above $5 for regular, and hitting almost $6 for premium. Costco is $4.19 for regular and $4.45 Premium. Why would anyone want to pay almost $6?
I would happily pay $1.50 a gallon more not to sit in that line. Seriously, I pump ~ 18 gallons on every fillup or so, so thats $27 more to not stand in that line? Thats a deal. Time is money.
Old 12-01-21 | 07:31 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by SW17LS
I would happily pay $1.50 a gallon more not to sit in that line. Seriously, I pump ~ 18 gallons on every fillup or so, so thats $27 more to not stand in that line? Thats a deal. Time is money.
I would never wait in line for gas. Always find it fascinating that people will wait.
Old 12-01-21 | 08:03 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
I would never wait in line for gas. Always find it fascinating that people will wait.
Apparently lots, and lots of people (including me) don't want to pay nearly $6 a gallon. I'm not giving those crooks my extra $1.50. My eventual solution is going fully EV, that way I'll be paying around $6 for a full fill-up
Old 12-01-21 | 08:08 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

may have missed it here, but since they're now theoretically in production, did lucid give any impression as to when they might be able to fulfill your reservation?
They have already started delivery in October, several delivered here in Northern Cal. Most will probably start getting theirs in 2022, that is according to Lucid

Quick Reply: Lucid Air