EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

Lucid Air

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-21, 05:42 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,440 Likes on 1,600 Posts

Striker and all, cool car, but this isn't about a modified A8, thanks.
Old 12-24-21, 10:16 AM
Propulsion
Advanced

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

This is probably one of the very few and rare instances where I prefer old Doug’s quirky yet detailed review of a vehicle. Those pretentious wannabe comedian car channels does nothing for me.

Old 12-24-21, 10:21 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,440 Likes on 1,600 Posts

Originally Posted by Propulsion
This is probably one of the very few and rare instances where I prefer old Doug’s quirky yet detailed review of a vehicle. Those pretentious wannabe comedian car channels does nothing for me.
If ya think throttle house is bad... watch this.

Old 12-24-21, 09:33 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

Received 1,225 Likes on 910 Posts

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
I just bought a PoleStar 2, under $50k, AWD, 408 WHP 497 ft lbs torque, 0-60 in 4.2 seconds and gets 96 mpg combined. I'm not in any type of competition with you, but it will beat most unmodified ICE vehicles in that price range. Adoption of EV'S is only around 9 percent, they will get cheaper as more people buy them and there is more competition. All you need to know is some basic engineering and it's very obvious that EV even in it's infancy has way more potential than ICE, which like the dino juice it runs on, will end up like it's fuel. Extinct.

Admin has already warned me not to discuss anything outside of the topic so I'll end it there
You couldn't beat me stock. It doesn't have much potential since motors are limited by size and weight, same with cells. It's starting off nearly at its end point.

Oil I'll never go extinct if you understand anything about manufacturing and just how much oil is needed to make a lucid.
Old 12-24-21, 09:34 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

According to this, 5.6 seconds: https://www.carindigo.com/audi/a8-l/0to60

My 2010 NA IS350 Sport did it in 5 seconds flat (see the link in my signature)
Look up a D4 4.0 not the base engine current gen.
Old 12-24-21, 09:36 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by swajames
Well I think that striker223's car is tuned, but the tuners themselves (assume APR) aren't claiming 3.2 seconds. The only thing even remotely close requires 100 octane fuel, which even outside of CA isn't cheap.
RS7 turbos not the stock ones plus way more aggressive tires. They claim 3.5 right on their site with stage one 93 and stock hardware. Factory is 3.8-4.0
Old 12-24-21, 09:38 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Received 2,151 Likes on 1,672 Posts

Originally Posted by Striker223
You couldn't beat me stock. It doesn't have much potential since motors are limited by size and weight, same with cells. It's starting off nearly at its end point.

Oil I'll never go extinct if you understand anything about manufacturing and just how much oil is needed to make a lucid.
Lol. You seem kinda of desperate to prove some point, not sure why, but for sake of ending this so we can all go home friends, ok, you can beat me. You can beat any EV, any, without breaking a sweat. You won. Everything cool now?

Last edited by AMIRZA786; 12-24-21 at 10:08 PM.
Old 12-26-21, 09:37 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,731 Likes on 1,956 Posts

At the end of the day, most people don't care about having the "fastest car on the road" I would never "tune" a car, I like effortless, smooth refined power, and I like enough power so the car never feels underpowered. Thats...really it. I think way more people like me exist than people who look at a car and need to feel like its the fastest car on the road.
Old 12-26-21, 10:19 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SW17LS
At the end of the day, most people don't care about having the "fastest car on the road" I would never "tune" a car, I like effortless, smooth refined power, and I like enough power so the car never feels underpowered. Thats...really it. I think way more people like me exist than people who look at a car and need to feel like its the fastest car on the road.
I'm one of those people like you
Old 12-26-21, 10:41 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

I'm one of those people like you
As an example, my S560 is WAY more powerful than my LS460s, but I could go back to the power of the LSs no problem.
Old 12-26-21, 11:33 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SW17LS
As an example, my S560 is WAY more powerful than my LS460s, but I could go back to the power of the LSs no problem.
Both awesome cars. I drove in my coworkers S class and it's quiet and smooth at any speed. I would only lease one, LS460 I would buy. One reason I'm going EV, the smoothest drive even Mercedes can't offer, that is the non EV version!
Old 12-27-21, 09:48 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Finally watched this review, I really love this car. So much better looking than the EQS…
Old 12-27-21, 10:05 AM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,935 Likes on 2,471 Posts

In fairness that's not hard to do. About the only thing I'm sure about styling wise is the creases in the hood maybe they will grow on me. Come on Lucid ramp up to mass production my stock is ready I sold all awhile back then got back in.
Old 12-29-21, 01:49 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Default Spent some time in/with a Lucid Air! Wow...

I was in Tysons today and figured I would stop by the Lucid store at Tysons Corner Mall since the EQS was fresh in my mind from yesterday. They had a nice black Dream edition preproduction car. They allow people to sit in it, but you have to make an appointment. After talking to the manager for a while about it and what I drive now and how I had just looked at an EQS, he let me sit in it. All in all I spent about 30 minutes with the car. Here's a picure:

All in all, I gotta say I was really wowed by the car. This is the first EV I have sat in that I really felt something for, the first one I could see myself wanting. The proportions of the car in person are great, its long but not ungainly looking like the EQS, the shape is much more natural and flowing and on top of that it has the same coefficient of drag .20. Fit and finish was excellent, all the trim is high quality and the lighting is unique and beautiful. Its different, yet not different for the sake of being different.Really like the looks of the car. The clamshell trunk opening is kind of odd.

Inside the positives continue. Quality is A+, no cheap plastic anywhere, everything is super high quality and covered in real stitched materials, alcantara, leather, metal or wood. None of the cheapness I found in thr EQS. You really get the feeling like you're sitting in the future. The dash layout and positioning is perfect, ergonomics are all top notch. Steering wheel is nice and thick and falls right to hand. Just the right combinaton of hard buttons and virtual displays. Everything feels super high quality and substantial. Seat quality was great, nappa leather was great. Seat massage is as good or better than whats in my S560, also massages the seat bottom which mine doesn't do. Ambient lighting is nice although not to MB level nice. Love the windshield that comes up over the front passenger's heads. Interior room was better than the EQS IMO and more what someone used to a flagship sedan would be accustomed to. The interior felt like a good mix of Audi, Porsche and Tesla are the best examples. Rear seat comfort is excellent and I didnt feel that sitting up on the battery feel I have felt in other EVs. Visibility is very good.

Range is 520 miles which is incredible, and on a fast charger they say 300 miles in about 20 min. I would charge at home, and 520 miles of range even if I only got 400 miles that would get me anywhere I would travel with the car without having to charge. 80% charge is about 430 miles.

From what I was told, there is a large Lucid service center being built in Tysons, and they will be doing valet service all around the area but the car doesn't need much maintenance. Mercedes plans on scheduled maintenance stops every 20k on the EQS. Orders for the Dream edition are closed, and those deliveries have started, and production on Grand Touring and lower trims should start Q3 2022.

I'm seriously considering ordering one...it could conceivably take 18 months...
Old 12-29-21, 01:57 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Great review! I was also wowed by it when I saw it at a local Lucid showroom in a mall here in San Jose. This is a car on my radar. I decided on leasing the PoleStar 2 and cancelling my Lucid pre-order because I know the Lucid is at least 18 months away. By the the time I get off of my lease, hopefully Lucid will have cars on the road and available. That mileage and charging time is impressive.

BTW, I have a friend who works for Lucid. I'll see if I can get any info out of him on expected release

Quick Reply: Lucid Air