EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

Lucid Air

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-22, 04:38 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,504 Likes on 1,646 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
So, "other than me" yet your opinion is what most people prefer? I'm the only person who still likes a traditional luxury experience with leather and nice materials. Got it.
there's no reason for you to exaggerate what i wrote and also lack a sense of humor. i wrote:
other than you, most people either don't care about leather in invisible places
i stick by what i wrote light-heartedly, although clearly you're not the only person on the planet with your expectations. nothing wrong with your attention to detail, just observing that i think almost no one else is that discerning. i've known and know many people who buy six and seven figure cars who have no idea what materials are used where.
Old 01-02-22, 04:44 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,772 Likes on 1,979 Posts

To be fair, you have done nothing but attack my viewpoints on these vehicles in these threads and its really tiresome, and the thinly veiled personal jabs with the smilies are just a part of that.
Old 01-02-22, 04:47 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by LexBob2
On my two Lexus sedans the rear seats didn't fold, and they were pretty solid - Both had the pass through. Recently I've had three German sedans with rear seats that fold down. The seat back structures and latches were very stout, and you could tell that they were designed to maintain body stiffness. I like having the option of being able to fold down the rear seatbacks.

Obviously some designs are better than others....I wasn't trying to imply otherwise. A pass-through, though, in general, usually only robs a small amount of the cross-beam rigidity, because it is essentially a small hole in the structure.

I agree that the fold-down feature is nice. Upmarket German sedans are known for having very strong structures...particularly the Mercedes S-class.
Old 01-02-22, 04:48 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

To me, having a utility vehicle in the household the utility of my sedan doesn't really have any value. I never need to fold seats down because when I need cargo room, I just take the Pacifica. Most people who buy cars at this price have multiple cars.
Old 01-02-22, 04:49 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

To be fair, you have done nothing but attack my viewpoints on these vehicles in these threads and its really tiresome, and the thinly veiled personal jabs with the smilies are just a part of that.
ok, as you wish, i'll stop commenting on your posts, no problem.
Old 01-02-22, 04:52 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
ok, as you wish, i'll stop commenting on your posts, no problem.
I don't want you to stop commenting on my posts, I want you to stop picking apart and attacking my viewpoints.
Old 01-02-22, 04:58 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

To me, having a utility vehicle in the household the utility of my sedan doesn't really have any value. I never need to fold seats down because when I need cargo room, I just take the Pacifica. Most people who buy cars at this price have multiple cars.
We're seriously thinking about going down to one car. If we do, we'd sell the X3 (prices just keep going up and it's very tempting). We'd keep the 5 Series so having folding rear seats would give us some extra capacity when needed which is rare these days.
Old 01-02-22, 05:01 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LexBob2
We're seriously thinking about going down to one car. If we do, we'd sell the X3 (prices just keep going up and it's very tempting). We'd keep the 5 Series so having folding rear seats would give us some extra capacity when needed which is rare these days.
Yeah thats a totally different situation if you only have one car
Old 01-03-22, 09:19 AM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

To me, the Lucid didn't feel as opulent as the EQS and I personally wonder how some of the materials in the Air are going to wear over time. I've sad that in the previous Lucid thread though. What's changed for me since then is getting a ride in one- the engineering behind this car is incredible, full stop. I did not feel that the infotainment, road noise suppression, and overall ride were superior to the EQS but what they've achieved here is quite remarkable everywhere else. Ultimately I'm left exactly where I was before, which is I don't feel comfortable ordering one but fully appreciate what they've done. What a car.
Old 01-03-22, 09:26 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

The ride and isolation would be helped by an air suspension like the EQS has
Old 01-03-22, 09:36 AM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

No doubt.

I'm looking forward to observing some later build cars to see if they will address some of the fit/finish issues. The exterior panel gaps were uniform, but there was some interior issues I noted in both the showroom model and the car I rode in.

Oh- the exterior door handles were NOT working properly on the model I rode in. A fellow guest pushed the rear door handle when it didn't pop out like it was supposed to and it actually jammed. Land Rover to Tesla to Mercedes to Lucid, these never seem to work right all the time. Speaking of Land Rover, the infotainment system reminded me of the one in the Range Rover. Delays between screens were common and the organization of the menus was counterintuitive. I suspect this will be addressed quickly.
Old 01-03-22, 10:08 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

The only ones that have been out are preproduction, so there will be some final material changes. They also have said production infotainment will be much faster.

I know what you mean about these door handles, WAY more trouble than they are worth.
Old 01-03-22, 10:23 AM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

The only ones that have been out are preproduction, so there will be some final material changes. They also have said production infotainment will be much faster.

I know what you mean about these door handles, WAY more trouble than they are worth.
Customer deliveries have started and that's what I was in. I believe they're up to 130 deliveries. To note, these early builds are delivered with several things disabled. Hers had no cruise control, the massage seats turn off after just a few minutes, and as I said the screens were laggy. Her Lucid "coach" said they were collecting feedback and addressing these things asap.

No reason for dramatic alarm. Just typical start up issues I have no patience for.
Old 01-03-22, 10:26 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

beta testing new EVs is the new normal.
Old 01-03-22, 10:58 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by TangoRed
Customer deliveries have started and that's what I was in. I believe they're up to 130 deliveries. To note, these early builds are delivered with several things disabled. Hers had no cruise control, the massage seats turn off after just a few minutes, and as I said the screens were laggy. Her Lucid "coach" said they were collecting feedback and addressing these things asap.

No reason for dramatic alarm. Just typical start up issues I have no patience for.
Ah I didn’t realize it was a friends delivered car

Quick Reply: Lucid Air