EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

Rivian R1S SUV and R1T Pick-up thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-21, 11:30 AM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by LeX2K
that.....bothers me. I know batteries are heavy but gotta trim that weight down to a reasonable level.
EV's are super hefty. Our e-tron has a curb weight of 6,000 pounds.

ID.4 is a bit better, was about 4,600 in RWD form, not sure how much the AWD dual motor one adds, but should be well under 6,000.
Old 09-28-21, 11:31 AM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
The front design is so goofy with cartoonish headlights - not sure how any “truck guys” will like it.
I do like the design of the interior - seems to be very well integrated.

MT is getting huge $$$ to promote Rivian and Lucid, there are tons of posts on these brands on their social media. I wonder where its coming from……
Rivian embargo lifted today, and then Lucid is having their media event as we speak. So it's not that they're posting for the sake of posting, it's literally what's news in the industry right now.
Old 09-28-21, 04:22 PM
LX5280
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Taken from my local 4X4 FaceBook group in CO, a group of Rivii out testing at Webster Pass earlier this month, close to Keystone Ski resort.

Old 09-28-21, 04:30 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by pbm317
Rivian embargo lifted today, and then Lucid is having their media event as we speak. So it's not that they're posting for the sake of posting, it's literally what's news in the industry right now.
Really i saw Zero posts on a GT3 from MT, I don’t even think they reviewed it lol.

Their supposed to be geared for enthusiasts.

Believe me they are getting big $$$ to push Lucid and Rivian.
Old 09-28-21, 05:43 PM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Really i saw Zero posts on a GT3 from MT, I don’t even think they reviewed it lol.

You have it flipped around, Lucid and Rivian stories get tons of clicks which generates money for them and this is the high news item in the industry today. Believe me.
Old 09-28-21, 05:58 PM
Blaze876
Instructor

Received 109 Likes on 90 Posts

or that's what generate clicks...just like nba sports media, every other post is about lebron and lakers.
Old 09-28-21, 07:26 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

No way Rivian or Lucid generate more clicks than a new GT3.

There 100page threads in GT3 forums analyzing each review, picture, option etc. Believe me a GT3 review by MT with proper lap time, 1/4 mile etc would generate ton more clicks than EV truck most ppl could care less about.
Old 09-29-21, 05:21 AM
Blaze876
Instructor

Received 109 Likes on 90 Posts

There 100page threads in GT3 forums analyzing each review, picture, option etc. Believe me a GT3 review by MT with proper lap time, 1/4 mile etc would generate ton more clicks than EV truck most ppl could care less about.
So you think Rivian and Lucid paid off Motortrend to not release anything about the GT3? Sounds like a stretch to say the least.

Last edited by Blaze876; 09-29-21 at 08:21 AM.
Old 09-29-21, 05:45 AM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

MT clearly made some money on these early reviews of both the Rivian and Lucid, but I disagree they likely generate less clicks than the GT3.

These are extremely highly anticipated EVs and have been for years.
Old 09-29-21, 08:29 AM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Motor Trend published their reviews of a GT3 months ago,First Ride, First Drive and First Test I don't get why you think months old news would outrank the brand new embargo release date for highly anticipated products/brands. And yes, vehicles, at least the Rivian, that will sell in much higher numbers than a GT3.

There are many different flavors of "enthusiasts" it's not all just about track focused machinery.
Old 09-29-21, 10:30 AM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts
Default Watch a Rivian R1T pickup claw its way up Hells Gate in Moab

Old 09-29-21, 11:43 AM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411

These are with the mid-size battery packs, longer and shorter options are also coming

Source
I didn't notice until today the wipers are installed incorrectly on the yellow pickup. The passenger and driver wiper arms are switched. I see this frequently from crappy collision repair shops. I find it so odd people wouldn't notice something seems off during the installation process.
Old 09-29-21, 11:48 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Motor Trend published their reviews of a GT3 months ago,First Ride, First Drive and First Test I don't get why you think months old news would outrank the brand new embargo release date for highly anticipated products/brands. And yes, vehicles, at least the Rivian, that will sell in much higher numbers than a GT3.

There are many different flavors of "enthusiasts" it's not all just about track focused machinery.
Going by how many likes and views 911 posts receive on MT IG page, i think its quite a bit more than Rivian or Lucid.

My point was they didn’t bombard their social media pages with 911 GT3 content when it was released like they are doing with this Rivian truck. Since when is it highly anticipated?! Therefore the only other assumption is its advertising $$$ paid to MT to feature these EVs. I’m sure the government is also part of this “push.”
Old 09-29-21, 05:43 PM
pbm317
Lead Lap

I’m sure the government is also part of this “push.”
Wow, I can't roll my eyes farther back in my head.

How can someone one this site, and a supposed auto enthusiast as yourself not be aware of the activity and interest that surrounds Rivian? It has investment from some of the largest companies in the world, including other auto companies.

It's the first all-electric pickup truck (not including random old Ford Rangers here) to hit the road. It's a new American brand that seems to be focusing on production and quality.

If you're not interested or can't comprehend what is going on around Rivian you don't need to participate in the thread and can keep your head in the sand.

One Rivian-centric post on Motor Trend's IG has over 34,000 likes while a 911 GTS post has 20,000. One Honda Civic Post has 24,000 likes, so I guess that's more of an enthusiast car than the 911 GTS right? It's highly irrelevant. Posts that have been older can typically get more "likes" since they've been up longer and have been viewed more.
Old 09-30-21, 06:22 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 314 Likes on 192 Posts

Wow, I can't roll my eyes farther back in my head.

How can someone one this site, and a supposed auto enthusiast as yourself not be aware of the activity and interest that surrounds Rivian? It has investment from some of the largest companies in the world, including other auto companies.

It's the first all-electric pickup truck (not including random old Ford Rangers here) to hit the road. It's a new American brand that seems to be focusing on production and quality.

If you're not interested or can't comprehend what is going on around Rivian you don't need to participate in the thread and can keep your head in the sand.

One Rivian-centric post on Motor Trend's IG has over 34,000 likes while a 911 GTS post has 20,000. One Honda Civic Post has 24,000 likes, so I guess that's more of an enthusiast car than the 911 GTS right? It's highly irrelevant. Posts that have been older can typically get more "likes" since they've been up longer and have been viewed more.
Very well said! 👍👍

Quick Reply: Rivian R1S SUV and R1T Pick-up thread