EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

Tesla business discussion

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-23 | 11:48 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jrmckinley
I had Tesla service come to my house this morning to fix 3 minor things on my MYP. They fixed the driver and passenger front seats (plastic base area not staying fully attached) and replaced my spoiler as it was starting to peel a bit. All scheduled through the app, communication and updates delivered through the app... Technician showed up on time and was polite and capable of getting the job done; took about an hour. Amazing to avoid a trip to a dealer or service place.
It would be easier to buy a quality product where issues like these don’t come up in the first place.

Eager to hear how Tesla treats clients that may actually need to bring the car in for repairs as there have been many horror stories with old loaners and delays for weeks or months to fix some issues.
Old 04-10-23 | 11:51 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LeX2K
All safety systems disabled.

Car is now bricked.

Good like finding the offline files.

Or just drive an 80's Toyota and avoid all of it.

Speaking of updates

Tesla improves interface with customization, new features in massive update
Another reason not to get new EVs.
Will Tesla continue to provide software support 10yrs from now.

Its just not prudent to run a car like a piece of software like iphone.
Old 04-10-23 | 11:54 AM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
Will Tesla continue to provide software support 10yrs from now.
Yes. Original Model S still gets updates.
Another reason not to get new EVs.
Constantly improving car is one of the most compelling reasons to get an EV.
Its just not prudent to run a car like a piece of software like iphone.
All vehicles are loaded with software, EVs simply do it better especially Tesla.
Old 04-10-23 | 01:22 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Just buy an old car, circa 1980 though the 1990's and you don't have worry anymore. Limited safety systems, no cameras or external sensors. Problem solved

Last edited by AMIRZA786; 04-10-23 at 01:27 PM.
Old 04-10-23 | 01:22 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Tesla business discussion-8waaety.png
Old 04-10-23 | 02:43 PM
jrmckinley
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
It would be easier to buy a quality product where issues like these don’t come up in the first place.
LOL, that's a ridiculous statement. Tell me a brand that has 0 reported issues and I'll go buy it. SW17 in this community has a 2 year old S class bought brand new for north of $100k and has had issues. Family member just spent over $100k on a brand new A8L 4 months ago and has had it back at the dealer for some items. Read through any section of this forum for new Lexus owners and there will be issues.

I won't bother providing context to my initial post because apparently it'll fall on deaf ears.
Old 04-10-23 | 03:06 PM
signdetres
Racer

Originally Posted by jrmckinley
LOL, that's a ridiculous statement. Tell me a brand that has 0 reported issues and I'll go buy it. SW17 in this community has a 2 year old S class bought brand new for north of $100k and has had issues. Family member just spent over $100k on a brand new A8L 4 months ago and has had it back at the dealer for some items. Read through any section of this forum for new Lexus owners and there will be issues.

I won't bother providing context to my initial post because apparently it'll fall on deaf ears.
Our brand new EQS SUV is going to the dealer on Wednesday because the car was delivered with a passenger side wiper blade that doesn't contact the glass. It happens across all makes and models, you just hear about it more with Teslas. Ours has also needed some dealer warranty work, to keep it fair.

My (then) new Lexus GS wasn't perfect and required dealer warranty work. I had a new Ford Mustang that also needed warranty work because a robot missed a weld at the factory. My (then) new Ford Fusion had a giant list of issues that required 4 months of time at the dealer and ultimately resulted in a lemon law buyback.

You shouldn't expect any car to be perfect... or at least don't be surprised when they're not, regardless of reputation or price tag. The way I see it, as long as the issues are minor and just need to be fixed once at the beginning of ownership and I'm able to enjoy the rest of my time with it, it's all good by me.
Old 04-10-23 | 03:18 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Cars are vastly more complex than they were 25 years ago. Back then it was entirely possible to buy a Toyota and never needing a return to the dealer.
Old 04-10-23 | 03:18 PM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mmarshall
It's actually a rather complex issue.....that's one reason why I started a thread on it. While are indeed laws (and ethics) on the right to privacy, in the legal codes of all 50 states, driving itself is not a right but a privilege, and one may not always have a 100% right to privacy behind the wheel. As it is, data-recorders in vehicles have been very useful, in court-cases, helping to establish guilt and innocence in accident-investigations, and who is lying and who is telling the truth.
It's not complex that Tesla employees should not have the ability to access customer camera images whenever they feel like it for kicks and giggles.
Old 04-10-23 | 03:20 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by signdetres
Our brand new EQS SUV is going to the dealer on Wednesday because the car was delivered with a passenger side wiper blade that doesn't contact the glass. It happens across all makes and models, you just hear about it more with Teslas. Ours has also needed some dealer warranty work, to keep it fair.

My (then) new Lexus GS wasn't perfect and required dealer warranty work. I had a new Ford Mustang that also needed warranty work because a robot missed a weld at the factory. My (then) new Ford Fusion had a giant list of issues that required 4 months of time at the dealer and ultimately resulted in a lemon law buyback.

You shouldn't expect any car to be perfect... or at least don't be surprised when they're not, regardless of reputation or price tag. The way I see it, as long as the issues are minor and just need to be fixed once at the beginning of ownership and I'm able to enjoy the rest of my time with it, it's all good by me.
It works something like this:

Honda Civic plows into car, causing major pileup and several dead. Reported as an accident by the media. No mention of car model

Tesla gets into minor fender bender. Not only is Tesla mentioned, but questions about FSD, safety systems and major investigations are all over the news.

I guess being Tesla, it should be expected
Old 04-10-23 | 03:23 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by tex2670
It's not complex that Tesla employees should not have the ability to access customer camera images whenever they feel like it for kicks and giggles.
They probably were not supposed to. And if they did have free access (being a public company, they would not normally be allowed this type of access), those employees and Tesla should face consequences
Old 04-10-23 | 06:26 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

"Tesla recently hit a new milestone with the installation of its 45,000th Supercharger worldwide. The announcement was posted on the EV maker’s official Tesla Charging Twitter account. Apart from Supercharger installations, Tesla also credited its Supercharger production team at Giga New York last month. In a series of posts on social media, Tesla noted that its prefabricated Supercharger stalls had been a game-changer in the rapid charging network’s ramp"

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-supe...lls-worldwide/
Old 04-11-23 | 10:14 AM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted here

Model Y is now the best selling vehicle in the United States that is not a truck.
Old 04-11-23 | 10:23 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LeX2K
Originally posted here

Model Y is now the best selling vehicle in the United States that is not a truck.
Just inched out the RAV4. Wow. RAV4 is still pretty popular here in the Bay Area. Outsold the Camry by a pretty big margin (almost 19K units)
Old 04-11-23 | 10:37 AM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
Just inched out the RAV4. Wow. RAV4 is still pretty popular here in the Bay Area. Outsold the Camry by a pretty big margin (almost 19K units)
From C&D
The RAV4 was the bestselling SUV in America last year, but it's going to have to work hard to maintain that crown this year. Its sales dropped 16 percent and it was passed by an unlikely competitor, the electric Tesla Model Y.
Out of touch C&D bringing the laughs. Model Y was easily the most likely car to pass Toyota. Y still has room to run it has barely started cracking many markets in Europe.

If you want more laughs look at the reviews of the various models in that list. Anything Honda is 10/10. I'm not joking.

Quick Reply: Tesla business discussion