EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

Tesla business discussion

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-23, 11:07 AM
1111GS

Received 91 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
The Tesla app updated my delivery date

Oh nice. Congrats! I didn't know you were expecting a Y. So many popping up around me recently. I know this guy who actually bought two, one for him and one for her. I've known him for a long time and see him every few months or so. I remember hearing all the excitement when he got the cars. This last visit as often I brought up the topic he likes to discuss - Tesla and joked if he drove here or the car drove him here. He said he no longer had auto pilot feature. He was paying around 200 for the service but they turned it off on him because of his driving behavior. He showed me a Safety App on his phone. He said tesla uses this app to track how he drives and scores him. If the score is not good enough for him, they will keep that feature off. So he decided to ditch the subscription. He also got his insurance with tesla and his insurance rate would change depending on this score. I had to switch topics and forgot to ask him if this app is on everyone or just those that are interested in autopilot. I guess not everyone can get autopilot?
Old 04-22-23, 11:20 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Received 2,098 Likes on 1,630 Posts

Originally Posted by 1111GS
Oh nice. Congrats! I didn't know you were expecting a Y. So many popping up around me recently. I know this guy who actually bought two, one for him and one for her. I've known him for a long time and see him every few months or so. I remember hearing all the excitement when he got the cars. This last visit as often I brought up the topic he likes to discuss - Tesla and joked if he drove here or the car drove him here. He said he no longer had auto pilot feature. He was paying around 200 for the service but they turned it off on him because of his driving behavior. He showed me a Safety App on his phone. He said tesla uses this app to track how he drives and scores him. If the score is not good enough for him, they will keep that feature off. So he decided to ditch the subscription. He also got his insurance with tesla and his insurance rate would change depending on this score. I had to switch topics and forgot to ask him if this app is on everyone or just those that are interested in autopilot. I guess not everyone can get autopilot?
Oh thanks, I couldn't resist after the last price cut! I chose not to get FSD because of what you're neighbor mentioned. I don't drive crazy, but occasionally I'll do some fast driving. They only monitor you're driving if you get FSD or Tesla insurance, which is based on you're driving habits.

I'll post more about it when I get delivery, looks like mid-May for now, but could change
Old 04-22-23, 01:15 PM
ST430
Pole Position

Received 120 Likes on 67 Posts

4680 production update:

https://electrek.co/2023/04/21/tesla...-battery-cell/

70% reduction in battery production is huge, if realized.
Old 04-22-23, 01:38 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

I’m curious for ppl that buy and own these Tesla cars - how do you deal with having no luxury features, crappy seats, no interior lighting, cardboard plastics etc. It’s just a massive step back from even Honda Accord level interior.

Adjusting mirrors using the toggle on steering wheel which feels like it’s about to fall off was enough for me to know its not for me lol.

Not to mention that every person in suburbia is driving one
Old 04-22-23, 02:16 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
I’m curious for ppl that buy and own these Tesla cars - how do you deal with having no luxury features, crappy seats, no interior lighting, cardboard plastics etc. It’s just a massive step back from even Honda Accord level interior.

Adjusting mirrors using the toggle on steering wheel which feels like it’s about to fall off was enough for me to know its not for me lol.

I'll give you more details when I get my Y, but spending time with my brother in law's Model 3, you are completely off about uncomfortable seats and cheap materials. The 2023 M3 is just as comfortable as my IS350 or any Accord or Camry I've driven. Tesla Model 3 and Y are premium products and use premium materials. They are not luxury, but Tesla never claimed to be and don't sell as a luxury brand.

The driving experience is the selling point for me. I'll talk more about that more when I discuss the Y I'm buying. I'll just say the base model 3 drives better than most ICE cars I've driven over 30 years... and I've driven a lot of cars, luxury and sport

Last edited by AMIRZA786; 04-22-23 at 03:10 PM.
Old 04-22-23, 02:30 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

^
The seats on new M3 are some of the best at any price point - im referring to the base seats. The Tesla seats are like sitting on bench at bus station in comparison.

The build quality from the plastics, lighting, CF trim, steering wheel leather, stitching etc are just on a different planet.

Your IS350 has no width adjustment, thigh adjustment, etc. Camry seats are almost as bad as Tesla. Accord has pretty good seats on the other hand.
Old 04-22-23, 02:38 PM
1111GS

Received 91 Likes on 79 Posts

I think they find other things more valuable/important. What seems important to some of us are not to them. Really? No interior lighting? I remember a tesla owner saying ambient light looked like Tron and outdated. But man I'm loving it. And then I look at the cluster. I'm already happy sitting in there. Lol.

Old 04-22-23, 02:40 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,372 Likes on 1,557 Posts

^The seats on new M3 are some of the best at any price point
perhaps you're referring to a bmw m3 and not a tesla model 3?

Old 04-22-23, 03:12 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

^
The seats on new M3 are some of the best at any price point - im referring to the base seats. The Tesla seats are like sitting on bench at bus station in comparison.

The build quality from the plastics, lighting, CF trim, steering wheel leather, stitching etc are just on a different planet.

Your IS350 has no width adjustment, thigh adjustment, etc. Camry seats are almost as bad as Tesla. Accord has pretty good seats on the other hand.
I'm talking about the Model 3 base seats LoL! Nothing like you described. The materials are premium, just as good as the Pleather Lexus uses. I spent 3 days sitting in them and I love them

Last edited by AMIRZA786; 04-22-23 at 06:00 PM.
Old 04-22-23, 05:39 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by 1111GS
I think they find other things more valuable/important. What seems important to some of us are not to them. Really? No interior lighting? I remember a tesla owner saying ambient light looked like Tron and outdated. But man I'm loving it. And then I look at the cluster. I'm already happy sitting in there. Lol.

This is really nice. Tesla is nowhere close to this level of experience
Old 04-22-23, 05:54 PM
ST430
Pole Position

I feel so ashamed of my cheap interior, that when I blow by supposed sports cars like Mustangs and Porsches, I have to slow down to compliment how nice their interiors are while they roll their condescending eyes at me! 😭😭

Then I go back to suburbia passing by all these boomers in their Mustangs and Porsches again to be in my safe space of other vanilla loving owners! 🤝

It's horrible and happens everyday! 😭😭

Last edited by ST430; 04-22-23 at 07:11 PM.
Old 04-22-23, 05:57 PM
ST430
Pole Position

My 3, Y, and S seats are infinitely more comfortable then my rock hard X3M and M340i seats from before. The only thing I miss about my old Bimmer interiors is the ability to project my phone onto the screen.... 😭

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
I'm talking about the Model 3 base seats LoL! Nothing like you described. The materials are premium, just as good as the Pleater Lexus uses. I spent 3 days sitting in them and I love them
Old 04-22-23, 06:00 PM
ST430
Pole Position

The new carbon M3 seats are nut-crunchers....may be great after u get in, but man, I cringe when I test drove one with that hump there....😭

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
perhaps you're referring to a bmw m3 and not a tesla model 3?

Last edited by ST430; 04-22-23 at 06:13 PM.
Old 04-22-23, 06:03 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Just received my Tesla charger!

Old 04-22-23, 06:13 PM
ST430
Pole Position

Speaking of which... My CF seats in my M340i before was much more comfortable and much lighter then the stock one...

Originally Posted by ST430
The new carbon M3 seats are nut-crunchers....may be great after u get in, but man, I cringe when I test drive one.

Quick Reply: Tesla business discussion