EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

Tesla business discussion

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-23, 06:50 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 292 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
I’m curious for ppl that buy and own these Tesla cars - how do you deal with having no luxury features, crappy seats, no interior lighting, cardboard plastics etc. It’s just a massive step back from even Honda Accord level interior.

Adjusting mirrors using the toggle on steering wheel which feels like it’s about to fall off was enough for me to know its not for me lol.

Not to mention that every person in suburbia is driving one
Oh, how thoughtful of you to share your opinion on Tesla cars. I'm sure the millions of satisfied Tesla owners out there were just waiting for your approval before deciding to buy one.

I mean, who needs luxury features like autopilot, advanced safety features, and a giant touchscreen when you can have a leather steering wheel and wood trim, right? And don't even get me started on the comfort of cardboard plastics and "crappy" seats, which apparently only you have had the privilege of experiencing.

And yes, it's absolutely unbearable to be driving a car that looks like every other car in suburbia. How could anyone possibly stand to drive a vehicle that isn't a unique snowflake?

Thanks for sharing your completely unbiased and well-informed opinion. We'll be sure to take it into account when deciding whether or not to buy a Tesla.

And of course, who needs luxury features and interior lighting when you can have...cardboard plastics? That's right, cardboard plastics, the pinnacle of modern engineering and design.
Old 04-22-23, 07:06 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Received 2,098 Likes on 1,630 Posts

Originally Posted by Hameed
Oh, how thoughtful of you to share your opinion on Tesla cars. I'm sure the millions of satisfied Tesla owners out there were just waiting for your approval before deciding to buy one.

I mean, who needs luxury features like autopilot, advanced safety features, and a giant touchscreen when you can have a leather steering wheel and wood trim, right? And don't even get me started on the comfort of cardboard plastics and "crappy" seats, which apparently only you have had the privilege of experiencing.

And yes, it's absolutely unbearable to be driving a car that looks like every other car in suburbia. How could anyone possibly stand to drive a vehicle that isn't a unique snowflake?

Thanks for sharing your completely unbiased and well-informed opinion. We'll be sure to take it into account when deciding whether or not to buy a Tesla.

And of course, who needs luxury features and interior lighting when you can have...cardboard plastics? That's right, cardboard plastics, the pinnacle of modern engineering and design.
I don't know why this misinformation keeps being propagated, over and over again. Tesla's are premium automobiles built with premium materials. Just as premium as an IS350, the seats are extremely comfortable made from premium materials that make them better than leather. I know, I owned an IS350. No matter if it's a Model 3 base, Performance, Model Y (all trims), Model S or X...all trims. What it lacks is all the ***** and buttons and separate gaguages, because they are all built into the giant screen making buttons and ***** obsolete, IMHO of course.

Like you, it just irritates me that people that don't own Tesla's telling everyone what right or wrong with them. But what can you do but correct the record...over and over again. Anyway, can't wait to get my "cardboard and plastic" Model Y with seats that will give me hemorrhoids and slowly cripple me over time

Last edited by AMIRZA786; 04-22-23 at 07:10 PM.
Old 04-23-23, 03:26 AM
Lead Lap

Received 780 Likes on 529 Posts

I see a new EV forum being created. Yay.
Old 04-23-23, 09:28 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

^
I have a Tesla store by my house and have sat in every new Tesla. The seats offer terrible support and very limited adjustability- well below of true luxury cars like BMW and MB. There are no materials on a Tesla befitting a luxury car - the pleather seats, cheap plastic, plain fake looking wood etc. The controls / buttons and carpet especially in the cargo area are all fisher price quality.

These are just facts.
Tesla is great at efficiency and EV powertrain but its not a luxury car experience from sitting in it.

The Model X and S is down in sales YOY and the 2 cheap models are now being significantly discounted to maintain demand.
Old 04-23-23, 09:34 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ST430
I feel so ashamed of my cheap interior, that when I blow by supposed sports cars like Mustangs and Porsches, I have to slow down to compliment how nice their interiors are while they roll their condescending eyes at me! 😭😭

Then I go back to suburbia passing by all these boomers in their Mustangs and Porsches again to be in my safe space of other vanilla loving owners! 🤝

It's horrible and happens everyday! 😭😭
I much rather drive my 911 that weighs 3100 lbs and is an actual sports car then pretend im in a fast car that weighs 6,000lbs, has no brakes and is a one trick pony.

There are zero Mustang or Porsche owners envious of Teslas lol
Old 04-23-23, 09:40 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

The new carbon M3 seats are nut-crunchers....may be great after u get in, but man, I cringe when I test drove one with that hump there....😭

I was referring to the base M seat not CF ones.
If you’re a big dude, im sure they are not for you.

If you think M3 seats are not comfortable well don’t ever try the Porsche bucket seats.

I forget a lot of ppl think couch seats that Tesla offers are considered “good seats” but proper seats from BMW and Porsche are “hard”.
Old 04-23-23, 10:11 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 157 Likes on 117 Posts

I forget a lot of ppl think couch seats that Tesla offers are considered “good seats” but proper seats from BMW and Porsche are “hard”.
depends on the purpose.
Old 04-23-23, 10:13 AM
ST430
Pole Position

Received 120 Likes on 67 Posts

And I love beating on snobby Porsche owners readily both on the streets and at the track! The look they have in their jorts are classic, especially when they don't even have a real turbo Porsche!

I much rather drive my 911 that weighs 3100 lbs and is an actual sports car then pretend im in a fast car that weighs 6,000lbs, has no brakes and is a one trick pony.

Old 04-23-23, 10:18 AM
ST430
Pole Position

There's nothing special about them.. I would replace them in a heartbeat with real racing seats like I have before....

But I know u never really drive ur car beyond the speed limit and onlyon the streets in straight line just for the looks, so it's understandable....

I was referring to the base M seat not CF ones.
If you’re a big dude, im sure they are not for you.

If you think M3 seats are not comfortable well don’t ever try the Porsche bucket seats.

Last edited by ST430; 04-23-23 at 10:31 AM.
Old 04-23-23, 10:20 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,240 Likes on 1,359 Posts

Let's get this conversation back to Tesla business topic please
Old 04-23-23, 10:21 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 157 Likes on 117 Posts

i have a friend that just got 2023 911 gt3 rs, and he uses it for weekend racing, he sees Model S Plaid in the same way he sees his tuned M5 Competition. A interesting, fun, non track car.
Prior to getting into Porsches, his fun race track day car was one of the Radicals. He also replaced his road M5 Competition with M4 Competition, but he really does not like it.

In his circle, and it is regional GT3 RS + supercar owning circle, people dont have the snobby view you seem to have.
Old 04-23-23, 10:28 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Received 2,098 Likes on 1,630 Posts

^
I have a Tesla store by my house and have sat in every new Tesla. The seats offer terrible support and very limited adjustability- well below of true luxury cars like BMW and MB. There are no materials on a Tesla befitting a luxury car - the pleather seats, cheap plastic, plain fake looking wood etc. The controls / buttons and carpet especially in the cargo area are all fisher price quality.

These are just facts.
Tesla is great at efficiency and EV powertrain but its not a luxury car experience from sitting in it.

The Model X and S is down in sales YOY and the 2 cheap models are now being significantly discounted to maintain demand.
I guess we are all not as refined as you. Now please pass the Grey Poupon and caviar

As I mentioned earlier, I'll do a full review of the Y when I get it, from my POV of course
Old 04-23-23, 10:30 AM
ST430
Pole Position

You obviously have never sat in a new baseline Porsche....it makes the Tesla feel luxurious! Lol

​​​​​​

^

These are just facts.

Old 04-23-23, 11:18 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by spwolf
i have a friend that just got 2023 911 gt3 rs, and he uses it for weekend racing, he sees Model S Plaid in the same way he sees his tuned M5 Competition. A interesting, fun, non track car.
Prior to getting into Porsches, his fun race track day car was one of the Radicals. He also replaced his road M5 Competition with M4 Competition, but he really does not like it.

In his circle, and it is regional GT3 RS + supercar owning circle, people dont have the snobby view you seem to have.
I’m sorry you don’t need to track a 911 GT3 RS which is made for the track first to see a difference between a base 911 and Model S plaid. The plaid is faster in a straight line but even on the street its easy to feel which one is a sports car.

Taycan is probably the closest you can get to Porsche driving experience in EV.

M5 - i agree is very comparable to Model S and I can see ppl cross shopping the two. Nobody would call an M5 a sports car, it’s a fast heavy luxury sport sedan.

The new BMW M (G series) cars don’t feel like driver’s cars but more like EVs. Extremely capable and fast but you feel the car is driving you, not the other way around.

BTW im far from snobby - I love pure driving cars and own /owned variety of makes including BRZ, Mustang Mach 1 etc. i have criticized BMW heavily even though I own 2.

Last edited by RNM GS3; 04-23-23 at 11:22 AM.
Old 04-23-23, 11:25 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

You obviously have never sat in a new baseline Porsche....it makes the Tesla feel luxurious! Lol

​​​​​​
Really show me a Tesla interior that has something close to this. The engineering and cost that went into the Porsche steering wheel is more than Tesla put into its entire interior. But i guess for you the yoke is superior!

Quick Reply: Tesla business discussion