EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

Tesla business discussion

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-23, 11:30 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
depends on the purpose.
Seats should be able to be comfortable and supportive with variety of adjustments. Most luxury brands spend huge amount of R&D on seats. The German companies have some of the best, Volvo also has amazing seats. Acura has made huge improvements as well.

Model S and X are over $100k and offer terrible seats compared to any other car in that price range. Not sure how this is even debatable…..
Old 04-23-23, 12:01 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Received 2,098 Likes on 1,630 Posts

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
Seats should be able to be comfortable and supportive with variety of adjustments. Most luxury brands spend huge amount of R&D on seats. The German companies have some of the best, Volvo also has amazing seats. Acura has made huge improvements as well.

Model S and X are over $100k and offer terrible seats compared to any other car in that price range. Not sure how this is even debatable…..
You keep repeating this stuff over and over. We get it. Don't buy a Tesla. It's not for you. On the other hand, the performance of the cars you mentioned don't impress me anymore. I've beaten plenty of Mustang GT 'S, Charger R/T and Porches and other "fast cars" in my under $50k Polestar, and still got nearly 60 mpg's. Without breaking a sweat. So let's please end this argument, which is not going anywhere
Old 04-23-23, 12:31 PM
ST430
Pole Position

Received 120 Likes on 67 Posts

This is usually what happens when you have an inferiority complex...you start rambling subjective things to nitpick while ignoring the collective. You'll often see the goalpost move as well from interior materials, to seats, to then design. It's a never ending argument for these types of folks just because they need to feel better about themselves by putting others down. Seen it over and over again having owned so many cars and be in so many groups.

​​​​​​AAnywho...back to Tesla

​​​​​

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
You keep repeating this stuff over and over. We get it. Don't buy a Tesla. It's not for you. On the other hand, the performance of the cars you mentioned don't impress me anymore. I've beaten plenty of Mustang GT 'S, Charger R/T and Porches and other "fast cars" in my under $50k Polestar, and still got nearly 60 mpg's. Without breaking a sweat. So let's please end this argument, which is not going anywhere
Old 04-23-23, 12:37 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,240 Likes on 1,359 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Let's get this conversation back to Tesla business topic please
asking again.
Old 04-24-23, 06:53 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/...ory-report.amp

I am terribly disappointed to see this.

Last edited by Toys4RJill; 04-24-23 at 07:00 AM.
Old 04-24-23, 07:02 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 292 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill

I didn't realize you're ordering one😲. Congratulations!
Old 04-24-23, 08:28 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

BYD can't handle Autonomous driving, and is ceding to Tesla. For now

Chinese EV Giant BYD Says Fully Autonomous Driving Is “Basically Impossible”

The largest EV maker in China says the tech would be more valuable for factories than cars

“We think self-driving tech that’s fully separated from humans is very, very far away, and basically impossible,” Li said in Mandarin, translated by CNBC

https://insideevs.com/news/663811/by...ly-impossible/
Old 04-24-23, 08:53 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Anything Elon related is Tesla business in my book

Tesla's Elon Musk Offers Tunnel To Help Japan With Busiest Intersection

Musk has clearly never kept his focus on a single country, and seems willing to offer help and business virtually anywhere

https://insideevs.com/news/663829/te...nel-for-japan/

Last edited by AMIRZA786; 04-24-23 at 08:56 AM.
Old 04-24-23, 09:26 AM
Longevite1
Intermediate

Received 69 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
BYD can't handle Autonomous driving, and is ceding to Tesla. For now

Chinese EV Giant BYD Says Fully Autonomous Driving Is “Basically Impossible”

The largest EV maker in China says the tech would be more valuable for factories than cars

“We think self-driving tech that’s fully separated from humans is very, very far away, and basically impossible,” Li said in Mandarin, translated by CNBC

https://insideevs.com/news/663811/by...ly-impossible/
I don't think what's Li said is wrong.
Old 04-24-23, 09:39 AM
swajames
Pole Position

Received 649 Likes on 404 Posts

Originally Posted by Longevite1
The number of driverless test vehicles I see on the roads here in Silicon Valley tells me that he almost certainly is wrong. That his company can't do it doesn't mean others can't. There's a ton of R&D going on in this field
Old 04-24-23, 10:11 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Longevite1
I'm no expert, but I think there is no limits to what can be accomplished. Just go back ten years, and I never thought we would be able to seamlessly use voice commands on our phones, but now I use them for almost everything. The problem is, the Chinese automakers haven't yet figured out the technology, the'll just copy it once it's mature
Old 04-24-23, 03:29 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

When I was in Dubai in January, all the taxis were either Toyota Camry's, Lexus ES Hybrids, or Hyundai Telluride's. Looks like that's changing....

"Tesla received a large order for Model 3s from an Emirati taxi company, Arabia Taxi Dubai, helping the company to cut its carbon footprint"

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-mass...eet-order-uae/
Old 04-24-23, 04:24 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 157 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill

why? in fact, many tesla owners consider Chinese made Teslas to be built the best.
Old 04-24-23, 04:49 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

Received 2,826 Likes on 2,389 Posts

Jury disagrees with most people here, drivers are responsible for the vehicle while in Autopilot and Tesla makes this very clear.

Jurors in lawsuit say Tesla never claimed Autopilot 'to be a self pilot'

Plaintiff should have been paying attention, they say in rejecting her claim

LOS ANGELES — Jurors in what appears to be the first trial related to a crash involving Tesla's Autopilot feature told Reuters after the verdict on Friday that the electric-vehicle maker clearly warned that the partially automated driving software was not a self-piloted system, and that driver distraction was to blame.

A California state court jury on Friday handed Tesla Inc a sweeping win, finding that the automaker's Autopilot feature did not fail to perform safely and awarding plaintiff Justine Hsu zero damages.

The jurors' impressions are important because Tesla is bracing for a spate of other trials starting this year related to the semi-automated driving system, which Chief Executive Elon Musk has claimed is safer than human drivers.

While this trial's outcome is not legally binding in those other cases, it serves as a bellwether to help Tesla and other plaintiffs' lawyers hone their strategies, experts say.

Hsu, a resident of Los Angeles, sued the EV maker in 2020, saying her Tesla Model S swerved into a curb while it was on Autopilot and then an airbag was deployed "so violently it fractured Plaintiff's jaw, knocked out teeth, and caused nerve damage to her face.”

Tesla denied liability for the 2019 accident.

After the verdict on Friday, juror Mitchell Vasseur, 63, told Reuters that he and his fellow jurors felt badly for Hsu, but ultimately determined that Autopilot was not at fault.

"Autopilot never confessed to be self pilot. It’s not a self-driving car," Vasseur said. "It's an auto assist and they were adamant about a driver needing to always be aware."
Old 04-24-23, 04:54 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
why? in fact, many tesla owners consider Chinese made Teslas to be built the best.
rather see US domestic production under NAFTA agreements be protected.

Quick Reply: Tesla business discussion