EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

Tesla business discussion

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-23 | 10:29 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Norway Still Addicted To Tesla

Growth continued for the Norwegian plugin EV market in May 2023, as combined plugin share hit almost 90%, up from 85% a year ago. Full electrics alone took almost 81% share, grabbing 7.5% more of the remaining market than last year. The overall auto market saw volumes of 13.342 units, up almost 16% YoY, and higher than May 2019. The Tesla Model Y was the month’s bestselling vehicle, miles ahead of others in volume.
https://cleantechnica.com/2023/06/02...cted-to-tesla/

Old 06-03-23 | 10:33 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LeX2K
You really trust a CEO that did this? Hope it works out for you.

Selling TSLA and going long on GM and Ford feels like this, but as you say not investment advice.

Yeah I learned through many years of observation that although Elon is definitely not perfect in any sense of the word, I would never bet against him or TSLA, money or no money
Old 06-03-23 | 10:35 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Hameed

Norway Still Addicted To Tesla

Growth continued for the Norwegian plugin EV market in May 2023, as combined plugin share hit almost 90%, up from 85% a year ago. Full electrics alone took almost 81% share, grabbing 7.5% more of the remaining market than last year. The overall auto market saw volumes of 13.342 units, up almost 16% YoY, and higher than May 2019. The Tesla Model Y was the month’s bestselling vehicle, miles ahead of others in volume.
https://cleantechnica.com/2023/06/02...cted-to-tesla/

Time to add that model Y next to your S 😜
Old 06-03-23 | 11:20 AM
nitroracer
Intermediate

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
I really don't want to say how many shares, but enough to be pretty comfortable when I finally decide to cash out. You are forgetting that TSLA had three stock splits since going public, so not only has the value jumped 900 percent in 5 years (400 percent for me), but the number of shares I now own has tripled.

I'm extremely comfortable with Tesla's position. Demand is high, YoY revenue has increased 38.34 percent despite inflation and a poor economy, and their market cap is $678B, putting them at the 9th most valuable company.

No I understand you are not giving me financial advice, but I do appreciate your input. You may have some insight I don't have, I'm always open to others points of view. Not every investment I've made has panned out. After all, I'm human
Why do you assume I am "forgetting" about the stock splits? That data is actually retroactively baked into any good charting site.

As long as you're happy. We'll revisit this thread down the road. I have a feeling I'm going to end up on the right side of this.
Old 06-03-23 | 11:24 AM
nitroracer
Intermediate

You really trust a CEO that did this? Hope it works out for you.

Selling TSLA and going long on GM and Ford feels like this, but as you say not investment advice.
I just need one side of the trade to win.

Yeah I learned through many years of observation that although Elon is definitely not perfect in any sense of the word, I would never bet against him or TSLA, money or no money
Love Elon, but he's not stupid, and at the end of the day, it's just about $$$ for him, regardless of the shareholder. Frankly, he should've been thrown in jail for his "funding secured" bit. Better people have been punished far worse for lesser crimes. This is a man that cleverly dumped a huge chunk of Tesla shares without causing a run by claiming they were to buy Twitter.
Old 06-03-23 | 11:31 AM
RXSF

So All model 3 and Ys now qualify for the 7,500 Tax credit. Not sure how they pulled that off without changing out the Chinese batteries, but maybe they did
Old 06-03-23 | 11:34 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by nitroracer
Why do you assume I am "forgetting" about the stock splits? That data is actually retroactively baked into any good charting site.

As long as you're happy. We'll revisit this thread down the road. I have a feeling I'm going to end up on the right side of this.
I'll take that bet happily 😉. This thread goes all the way back to 2019, where many posters predicted Tesla's demise with great confidence and surety. It's great reading if you want to go back into time.

All companies no matter how big or great see their valuation plummet at some point or another. There can be a number of reasons for it, no company is immune from economic factors. When TSLA stock took a dive earlier last year, some saw it as an ominous sign. I saw it as a buying opportunity and picked up a block at around $108. Once it reaches $250 (and it will), the gains are going to pay off the model Y I just bought.

Will Tesla suffer the fate of companies like GM or Chrysler? It's possible if they become complacent. But for now I see a bright future
Old 06-03-23 | 11:39 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

I just need one side of the trade to win.

Love Elon, but he's not stupid, and at the end of the day, it's just about $$$ for him, regardless of the shareholder. Frankly, he should've been thrown in jail for his "funding secured" bit. Better people have been punished far worse for lesser crimes. This is a man that cleverly dumped a huge chunk of Tesla shares without causing a run by claiming they were to buy Twitter.
It's pretty simple. He's insanely rich with lots of FU money. The rules don't apply to people at his level of wealth. He probably secretly paid some fine
Old 06-03-23 | 11:39 AM
nitroracer
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Margate330
Uhm... Not cool to ask that IMO.
That's like asking, "what's in your wallet". lol
Ya you're probably right. Probably not a good idea to go onto a car forum and say you're holding enough TSLA to pay for a Tesla.
Old 06-03-23 | 11:42 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Ya you're probably right. Probably not a good idea to go onto a car forum and say you're holding enough TSLA to pay for a Tesla.
​​​​​​Why not LoL? It's not like you know me. I could be making it all up. I could some AI bot for all you know 😜
Old 06-03-23 | 11:42 AM
nitroracer
Intermediate

I'll take that bet happily 😉. This thread goes all the way back to 2019, where many posters predicted Tesla's demise with great confidence and surety. It's great reading if you want to go back into time.

All companies no matter how big or great see their valuation plummet at some point or another. There can be a number of reasons for it, no company is immune from economic factors. When TSLA stock took a dive earlier last year, some saw it as an ominous sign. I saw it as a buying opportunity and picked up a block at around $108. Once it reaches $250 (and it will), the gains are going to pay off the model Y I just bought.

Will Tesla suffer the fate of companies like GM or Chrysler? It's possible if they become complacent. But for now I see a bright future
Are you daytrading TSLA or "investing" like you said. If you make a quick buck on the demon drop from $100 from $400, that's great. I'm all for it. Big IF. It's not a mutually exclusive event with the longer-term bearish picture.

I don't know those other people going back to 2019. This is my first post on the subject matter. But, I'm sorry for their loss. They should probably stick to car chat...
Old 06-03-23 | 11:44 AM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Elon was called a clown, a bad manager, Musk is on a downward spiral, lack of dealerships will hurt Tesla etc. to scratch the surface. We hear the same arguments today, nothing was learned.
Old 06-03-23 | 11:44 AM
nitroracer
Intermediate

​​​​​​Why not LoL? It's not like you know me. I could be making it all up. I could some AI bot for all you know 😜
Was talking to @Margate330
Old 06-03-23 | 11:45 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Are you daytrading TSLA or "investing" like you said. If you make a quick buck on the demon drop from $100 from $400, that's great. I'm all for it. Big IF. It's not a mutually exclusive event with the longer-term bearish picture.

I don't know those other people going back to 2019. This is my first post on the subject matter. But, I'm sorry for their loss. They should probably stick to car chat...
No I'm long term. I hold for 5 years or more. I've never been good at short term and don't have the patience
Old 06-03-23 | 11:45 AM
nitroracer
Intermediate

Elon was called a clown, a bad manager, lack of dealerships will hurt Tesla etc. to scratch the surface. We hear the same arguments today, nothing was learned.
What arguments. I didn't make those arguments.

For the record, I have a tremendous amount of respect for Elon.

Quick Reply: Tesla business discussion