EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

Tesla business discussion

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-23, 02:50 PM
jwong77
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Margate330
So true.

Way too much of that going on. IMO
It's all about the click...
I think its important that people look at the media or youtube influencers, etc as a source of entertainment, sort of in the same way how some of my generation eventually learned to view Gangster Rap as entertainment. Just because the rapper brags about something, doesn't mean it was a good idea to do it/buy it/live it for the vast majority of us.
Old 01-26-23, 02:56 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Received 2,098 Likes on 1,630 Posts

Originally Posted by jwong77
I think its important that people look at the media or youtube influencers, etc as a source of entertainment, sort of in the same way how some of my generation eventually learned to view Gangster Rap as entertainment. Just because the rapper brags about something, doesn't mean it was a good idea to do it/buy it/live it for the vast majority of us.
Haha you must be around my age. NWA, Dr Dre, Ice Cube, Notorious BIG etc.....
Old 01-26-23, 03:07 PM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 285 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
Ah yes they are still some of my favorites right there.
Old 01-26-23, 03:13 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

Received 2,826 Likes on 2,389 Posts

TSLA is up almost 60% this year. Given the yoyo nature of the markets recently I will not be surprised to see a big sell off in the next few days.
Old 01-26-23, 03:17 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LeX2K
TSLA is up almost 60% this year. Given the yoyo nature of the markets recently I will not be surprised to see a big sell off in the next few days.
I'm holding my positions for now. You know what would be totally awesome? When the time comes to buy my Model 3 Performance, it will 100 percent be finance from profits coming from TSLA
Old 01-26-23, 03:32 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

I'm holding my positions for now. You know what would be totally awesome? When the time comes to buy my Model 3 Performance, it will 100 percent be finance from profits coming from TSLA
Tesla bears paying for your Tesla doesn't get any better.

In other news, or the same old news

Tesla business discussion-vha77d2.jpg

Old 01-26-23, 03:45 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Tesla bears paying for your Tesla doesn't get any better.

In other news, or the same old news

https://mobile.twitter.com/forwardca...23167160848388
Don't you just love the media? If you paid me $1 for every new article that said Tesla was in decline or done, I would be able to put a FAT downpayment on brand spanking new Model 3P
Old 01-26-23, 04:04 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

Don't you just love the media? If you paid me $1 for every new article that said Tesla was in decline or done, I would be able to put a FAT downpayment on brand spanking new Model 3P
That hysterical headline style is exactly what we're seeing now with Twitter. A certain personality that was long banned from Twitter (is now back) calls these media people smear merchants. Perfect description.
Old 01-26-23, 06:54 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,240 Likes on 1,359 Posts

Keep the politics out of this thread and keep it recent and topical, those headlines are all 2+ years old.
Old 01-26-23, 09:09 PM
jwong77
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I see a lot of parallels between those headlines about Tesla's business and similar ones about Apple about 20 years ago. There used to be a website that was dedicated to count the number of times Apple was supposed to go out of business because the popular sentiment at the time was that Apple couldn't compete with the Microsoft Windows PCs of the time. I believed they called it the Apple Death Knell Counter. Very interesting to see how it will play out this time with Tesla.

Sounds like we are, I remember how big of a deal the East Coast vs West Coast feud was at the time. As a kid, it felt real, and when Tupac and Notorious BIG died, it felt even more real. Now I have no idea nor do I have anything to prove it, but the much older cynical version of me believes it was all a ploy to get us to buy more rap CD's. To me, it was the predecessor to the current social media driven machine that gets us to click on links or buys things like $5000 Pelotons or bringing it back to the topic at hand, Teslas.

Last edited by jwong77; 01-26-23 at 09:20 PM.
Old 01-26-23, 09:30 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jwong77
I see a lot of parallels between those headlines about Tesla's business and similar ones about Apple about 20 years ago. There used to be a website that was dedicated to count the number of times Apple was supposed to go out of business because the popular sentiment at the time was that Apple couldn't compete with the Microsoft Windows PCs of the time. I believed they called it the Apple Death Knell Counter. Very interesting to see how it will play out this time with Tesla.

Sounds like we are, I remember how big of a deal the East Coast vs West Coast feud was at the time. As a kid, it felt real, and when Tupac and Notorious BIG died, it felt even more real. Now I have no idea nor do I have anything to prove it, but the much older cynical version of me believes it was all a ploy to get us to buy more rap CD's. To me, it was the predecessor to the current social media driven machine that gets us to click on links or buys things like $5000 Pelotons or bringing it back to the topic at hand, Teslas.
What Tesla needs is competition. Also they need to avoid becoming complacent just like Blackberry and Microsoft became. That said, for the foreseeable future they have more demand than can be filled.

Yeah I remember the West coast vs East coast rivalries in the 90's. I was in my early 20's at the time. Different era
Old 01-26-23, 10:27 PM
Margate330
Lexus Test Driver

Received 965 Likes on 770 Posts

What Tesla needs is competition.
It will be interesting when the other big mfg's start pumping out EV offerings in big numbers.

Right now they may be slack but the day may come when they are making them as abundant as their current offerings with no delays, supply chain issues, or dealer adms.

Like what was mentioned above, we are at a turning point.
AND- I see Tesla digging in establishing themselves from all the info ya'll CL members posted but will it be enough?

Time will tell but at the very least they are now a player in the big leagues with the other major mfg's...
I'm just enjoying hearing everyone's ideas...
Old 01-26-23, 10:36 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

Tesla will continue to lose EV market share until at least 2030. But here comes the kicker and it's a big one. The EV pie is growing exponentially. 2022 saw the ICE market shrink 7% EVs grew I think 60%. As they say, statistics are like thong underwear what they reveal is suggestive what they hide is vital.
Old 01-27-23, 08:34 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Tesla will continue to lose EV market share until at least 2030. But here comes the kicker and it's a big one. The EV pie is growing exponentially. 2022 saw the ICE market shrink 7% EVs grew I think 60%. As they say, statistics are like thong underwear what they reveal is suggestive what they hide is vital.
People concentrate way too much on the market share numbers. Competitors need to be able to produce vehicles in not only large numbers, but actually make profit on each one. BTW, you've shared way too much information about yourself, at least more than I care to hear
Old 01-27-23, 09:01 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,372 Likes on 1,557 Posts

Originally Posted by Margate330
It will be interesting when the other big mfg's start pumping out EV offerings in big numbers.
i happened to talk to an engineer from uh, a very big automaker recently about that and he said they're working to double, then triple volume in the next several years. i asked "yes, but are they making any money?" he said yes on higher end trims, but losing money on low end ones. that's not great.

if cyber truck is even half way decent it could be devastating to the traditional 3 truck makers.

Right now they may be slack but the day may come when they are making them as abundant as their current offerings with no delays, supply chain issues, or dealer adms.
and at that point, price becomes an issue, and production cost REALLY matters. seems like elon musk has already gamed this all out.

Quick Reply: Tesla business discussion