EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

Tesla business discussion

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-23, 12:52 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

Received 2,826 Likes on 2,389 Posts

There must be some way that guy can blame Elon.
Old 02-02-23, 12:56 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Received 2,098 Likes on 1,630 Posts

Originally Posted by LeX2K
There must be some way that guy can blame Elon.
There is only one explanation...SoCal. I can't tell you how many of these types me or someone I've known has run into. I'm amazed he's never been shot. More people over there carry guns per square inch than any place short of a warzone
Old 02-02-23, 12:58 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
There is only one explanation...SoCal. I can't tell you how many of these types me or someone I've known has run into. I'm amazed he's never been shot. More people over there carry guns per square inch than any place short of a warzone
Looks like that maniac had a custom built pipe weapon. Probably good he got arrested sooner or later he would have been shot.
Old 02-02-23, 01:05 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Looks like that maniac had a custom built pipe weapon. Probably good he got arrested sooner or later he would have been shot.
In the 80's and 90's when road rage was going wild in Los Angeles and surrounding areas, nobody had cell phones to capture the perpetrators, so someone would usually get seriously hurt or killed before the law caught up with them. This guy is just pure D U M B with smartphones and cameras everywhere. I'm surprised it took them so long to arrest him
Old 02-02-23, 01:12 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

Plus so many people drive a Tesla that is recording from every possible angle.
Old 02-02-23, 01:15 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Plus so many people drive a Tesla that is recording from every possible angle.
Including his LOL. I just read an article on him, he has an extensive criminal history and warrants, and he drives a 2023 Model X. The problem? He doesn't even have a job....
Old 02-02-23, 01:26 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

Insane day for the markets so many stocks including Tesla were way up then about 1 hour before market close there was a massive sell off. TSLA finished up a bit but after hours most of the gains are being wiped out. Amazon and bunch of other stocks did the same thing.

Lesson is blaming a particular event or even person for the performance of a stock short term is highly flawed at best.
Old 02-02-23, 01:31 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Insane day for the markets so many stocks including Tesla were way up then about 1 hour before market close there was a massive sell off. TSLA finished up a bit but after hours most of the gains are being wiped out. Amazon and bunch of other stocks did the same thing.

Lesson is blaming a particular event or even person for the performance of a stock short term is highly flawed at best.
As long as Tesla continues to perform, their stock will continue to go up. Sell offs happen. I just saw a report that Model Y delivery just got pushed out to March-May which means demand is high
Old 02-02-23, 01:33 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
As long as Tesla continues to perform, their stock will continue to go up. Sell offs happen. I just saw a report that Model Y delivery just got pushed out to March-May which means demand is high
Long term, you'd think. Short term not so much, 2022 was Tesla's best year ever in every metric. Except for the stock it was the worst year ever.
Old 02-02-23, 02:00 PM
lexusnyca
Instructor

Received 388 Likes on 264 Posts

March 1st I think is Tesla technology day, that should be a watershed moment for the stock.
Old 02-03-23, 01:17 AM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Long term, you'd think. Short term not so much, 2022 was Tesla's best year ever in every metric. Except for the stock it was the worst year ever.
One of the biggest "logical" arguments why Tesla stock was so bubbly was it's all about prediction what are they going to bring to table in the future and not what's in the present. Well I guess that argument is still going on strong.
Old 02-03-23, 10:24 AM
Bob04
Lead Lap

Received 235 Likes on 173 Posts

Tesla up today on the news that the IRS is going to allow the Model Y to have the $80k suv cap instead of the $55k passenger car cap.
Old 02-03-23, 11:15 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Bob04
Tesla up today on the news that the IRS is going to allow the Model Y to have the $80k suv cap instead of the $55k passenger car cap.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/tesla...171933283.html
Old 02-03-23, 11:22 AM
jrmckinley
Pole Position

Received 367 Likes on 252 Posts

I read the news about the $80k cap, but I thought the issue of the Y and Mach-E just a couple months ago was the vehicles didn't weigh enough to be classified as SUV? I'm happy that these vehicles qualify but am just confused as to what changed (other than top end price)..?
Old 02-03-23, 11:29 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Tesla Model 3 refresh prototype spotted being tested

Another Tesla Model 3 refresh “project highland” prototype has been spotted being tested in California ahead of its launch.

Late last year, we started hearing rumors that Tesla is working on a Model 3 refresh that would come during the second half of 2023.

The project is reportedly codenamed “Highland.”

For a few years now, Tesla has been integrating its large casting technology into Model Y with single large casting parts replacing dozens of parts in the electric SUV.

This new technology has enabled Tesla to greatly improve manufacturing efficiency with the Model Y compared to Model 3. CEO Elon Musk said that Tesla will bring the same technology to the Model 3 eventually, but he couldn’t exactly say when.

The problem is that such an update to the Model 3 would temporarily slow down production, and Tesla couldn’t afford that while it was still ramping up Model Y production. However, Model Y production is now starting to exceed Model 3 production, and it could be good timing for Tesla to update the Model 3 using the technology.

In December, a Model 3 prototype with heavy camouflage was spotted being tested in California.

Now another Tesla Model 3 prototype under camouflage has been spotted in California as Tesla appears to be ramping up testing of the new version of the Model 3:
Not to take away from the Cybertruck sighting but… #ProjectHighland #Model3 @Tesla @ElonMusk pic.twitter.com/KWu2pqtpfy
— The Kilowatts 🚗⚡️ (@klwtts)
Like the previous prototype, it’s hard to see any clear change to the Model 3 thanks to the camouflage covering the front and back ends of the vehicle.

The front end is expected to feature a significant facelift, but it’s hard to tell from that picture:

much of the improvements are expected to be at the body level and not necessarily visible

Sounds exactly like what every manufacturer does with all their models every year. I think a more major design refresh is due for the Model 3 and Y, but this doesn't look like it will be it.

While the vehicle is expected to feature a design refresh, much of the improvements are expected to be at the body level and not necessarily visible.

The improvements could lead to weight reduction and efficiency improvements, but the ease of manufacturing is likely going to be the biggest difference.

The new Model 3 is also expected to feature Tesla’s new “Hardware 4” suite of sensors and computers for Autopilot and self-driving.

It’s not clear when Tesla plans to announce those changes, but more details could be released on Investor Day next month as the automaker is expected to give a product roadmap update

https://electrek.co/2023/02/03/tesla...-being-tested/

Quick Reply: Tesla business discussion