EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

Tesla business discussion

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-22, 10:22 AM
Margate330
Lexus Test Driver

Received 965 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
Musk's antics are a big reason why it has.
On the flip side, if Musk wanted to have more control and a bigger share of Tesla now is his chance, antics and all...
He sold many of his shares already on the downward slope of the share price- pre Twitter takeover. haha

Now that would be genius.
Nothing is ever what it appears to be that's for sure.
Maybe he's making a huge mistake or maybe it's by design, who knows.
Old 12-29-22, 10:31 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,720 Likes on 1,948 Posts

I wouldn't put any of that past Musk at all!
Old 12-29-22, 10:36 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

It's impressive that there's a 3.5 year old Tesla thread that hasn't been locked. (yet)
Old 12-29-22, 10:42 AM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

Received 2,826 Likes on 2,389 Posts

My not financial advice is if you think a certain company is going to be the Tesla killer (since Tesla is losing market share) that is the company to invest in. I've had discussions with people (similar to what has been posted here) that were adamant once the big players get serious Tesla is finished. For some reason they never, ever invest in the Tesla killers. Not one dime that I know of.
Old 12-29-22, 10:43 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

So here's a great example. Musk comes onstage at a Dave Chappelle show, these are Tesla's customers...and even more damning they are less left leaning than most because of Chappelle being advocate of free speech and "anti-wokism"...and he gets booed.

Thats BAD.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bradtem...h=48f04ef7dd3c
Old 12-29-22, 10:54 AM
swajames
Pole Position

Received 649 Likes on 404 Posts

Musk isn't playing 4D chess here. He's struggling, and his ego is getting in the way of any return to something approaching normality. There is only one viable path for Twitter, and that's to restore advertisers revenue. That few large spenders will want their brand on a platform where the owner and CEO is more focused on edgelording the latest white hot meme and sharing alt-right conspiracy theories than running the business is hardly surprising. At some point the penny might drop. The MyPillow guy isn't going to spend enough to pay the interest he's saddled Twitter with.

And it's this that's dragging on TSLA. Well that and Musk's uncontrolled lunacy exposing how weak and ineffectual TSLA's board are.
Old 12-29-22, 10:55 AM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

So here's a great example. Musk comes onstage at a Dave Chappelle show, these are Tesla's customers...and even more damning they are less left leaning than most because of Chappelle being advocate of free speech and "anti-wokism"...and he gets booed.

Thats BAD.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bradtem...h=48f04ef7dd3c
Going straight to p*****s now you're trying to get this thread closed.

I do find it funny that you say the Toyota family is going to be fine, when you left the Toyota family.
Old 12-29-22, 11:00 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LeX2K
Going straight to p*****s now you're trying to get this thread closed.

I do find it funny that you say the Toyota family is going to be fine, when you left the Toyota family.
Toyota doesn't need my business to be fine. Toyota made a decision to stop offering competitive high end luxury products which lost them my business, but there are plenty of people who buy Toyotas.

And like it or not, Musk has become a political figure, he's done that himself. You can't discuss him and how he impacts Tesla's business without understanding that. Its not about what any of of our political leanings may be, its that any politics and business don't mix.

Last edited by SW17LS; 12-29-22 at 11:04 AM.
Old 12-29-22, 11:04 AM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

We can discuss the thread topic without bringing up the P word over and over. You should know better.
Toyota doesn't need my business to be fine.
Of course they do. You abandoning the brand (valid reasons IMO) means others are doing the same. Every customer is important that's how business works.
Old 12-29-22, 11:05 AM
peteharvey
Lead Lap

Received 458 Likes on 303 Posts

I wonder if it is wise for Musk to run three very different types of businesses in Space X, Tesla and Twitter - simultaneously?
He may end up being a Jack of all trades, but a master of none.
Old 12-29-22, 11:06 AM
Margate330
Lexus Test Driver

Received 965 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by swajames
Musk isn't playing 4D chess here. He's struggling, and his ego is getting in the way of any return to something approaching normality. There is only one viable path for Twitter, and that's to restore advertisers revenue. That few large spenders will want their brand on a platform where the owner and CEO is more focused on edgelording the latest white hot meme and sharing alt-right conspiracy theories than running the business is hardly surprising. At some point the penny might drop. The MyPillow guy isn't going to spend enough to pay the interest he's saddled Twitter with.

And it's this that's dragging on TSLA. Well that and Musk's uncontrolled lunacy exposing how weak and ineffectual TSLA's board are
He is playing 4D chess against multiple billionares with financial interests(directly or indirectly) to make him a "Yes Boy" in the companies in question.
Just my opinion.

The other stuff you mention I would love to talk ideas about but is forbidden because it reaches into areas and conversation that are not allowed here but just my opinion.
Doesn't mean they aren't fun subjects to talk anout but I will not do it here.

Last edited by Margate330; 12-29-22 at 11:14 AM.
Old 12-29-22, 11:09 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

We can discuss the thread topic without bringing up the P word over and over. You should know better.
In the current situation I don't see how. This is all over financial publications right now.

Originally Posted by peteharvey
I wonder if it is wise for Musk to run three very different types of businesses in Space X, Tesla and Twitter simultaneously?
He may end up being a Jack of all trades, but a master of none.
This is another concern, and while Tesla has not come out and said this, NASA has publicly said so about Space X.
Old 12-29-22, 11:13 AM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

In the current situation I don't see how. This is all over financial publications right now.
Which we are not allowed to discuss HERE.

The less advertising on Twitter the better, why would anyone want mega corporations to control what they can and cannot see.

Old 12-29-22, 11:43 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,240 Likes on 1,359 Posts

Sw17ls. Exit this thread. No politics, you know better.

swajames, warning for you same issue. Know you were responding to a comment so not booting unless it recurs
Old 12-29-22, 11:49 AM
swajames
Pole Position

Received 649 Likes on 404 Posts

Which we are not allowed to discuss HERE.

The less advertising on Twitter the better, why would anyone want mega corporations to control what they can and cannot see.
Advertising is the only real revenue stream Twitter has. It's going to take a fair few of those $8 blue check marks to make even the smallest dent in the $1billion per year interest charge that Twitter now has to service because of how Musk funded the deal.

The reality is that if there are no ads, there's no Twitter.

Quick Reply: Tesla business discussion