EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

Tesla business discussion

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-23, 02:11 PM
Longevite1
Intermediate

Received 69 Likes on 45 Posts

Hopefully Tesla do another price cut in US.
Old 04-03-23, 02:13 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

Received 2,826 Likes on 2,389 Posts

I hope the stock goes under $150 so I can load up some more.
Old 04-03-23, 02:16 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Received 2,098 Likes on 1,630 Posts

Originally Posted by Longevite1
I hope so as well, especially by June or July when I'll be ready to purchase my Model Y

Last edited by AMIRZA786; 04-03-23 at 02:26 PM.
Old 04-03-23, 02:20 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Longevite1
If demand is not there. A price cut is needed. Rising interest rates slow buying habits as well
Old 04-03-23, 02:26 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Speaking of meeting increased demand:

Tesla is reportedly looking to add a fourth production shift at Giga Berlin in Germany to double production in hopes of meeting a manufacturing rate of 500,000 vehicles annually.

Tesla has already ramped up its third shift, which helped the automaker obtain a weekly production volume of 5,000 vehicles per week, it confirmed in late March.

Managing Director Jochem Freyer from the employment agency in Frankfurt confirmed to rbb24 that Tesla has filled all of its openings for the third shift, and now the company is considering a fourth shift, which could help the company double its production output from 5,000 vehicles per week to 10,000.

The report indicates that Tesla is likely to add a fourth shift soon, as workers are being sought by the company once again in an effort to push production figures higher.

Tesla confirmed just two weekends ago that the German factory had reached a weekly production rate of 5,000 vehicles.

Just one month before that announcement, Tesla stated it had ramped up production to 4,000 vehicles, indicating a 20 percent increase in just 30 days.

While Giga Berlin is helping support demand for Tesla’s vehicles in Europe, the plant is far from finished in terms of construction and production.

Tesla has already received partial approval to expand the plant over the next few years, and while environmental groups are pushing back against the plans, there is support from local politicians who see the automaker’s positive influence on the economy.

Production expansion plans will not stop at the 10,000 vehicles per week/500,000 vehicles per year mark. Instead, Tesla will expand further, which is ultimately part of its massive growth plans for the factory.

Tesla has plans to build 1,000,000 vehicles in Germany annually, which will help support the growing demand for its vehicles in Europe. Tesla has routinely outperformed other electric automakers in the region, including Volkswagen, which has worked diligently to transition to EVs.

Tesla reported its strongest quarter to date in Q1 2023, building over 440,000 cars and delivering over 422,000, beating analyst targets of around 420,000.

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-giga...le-production/
Old 04-03-23, 08:25 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 292 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
If demand is not there. A price cut is needed. Rising interest rates slow buying habits as well
Demand is definitely NOT there as you can see from the # of deliveries in the last quarter
Old 04-03-23, 08:46 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Hameed
Demand is definitely NOT there as you can see from the # of deliveries in the last quarter
She's the expert here, she can somehow interpret the numbers better than anyone else. Maybe wall street should hire her. Either that or someone is lashing out due to poor performance from their favorite car company

Last edited by AMIRZA786; 04-03-23 at 09:01 PM.
Old 04-03-23, 09:27 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

Take with a grain of salt

RUMOR: Chinese publication Sina Finance is reporting via "industry insiders" that Tesla is planning a grand production capacity map for its new low-cost model. "This low-cost model is a small Model Y; Tesla is building an annual capacity plan of up to 4 million vehicles per year for it." According to 36Kr, this is an early production capacity strategy. "Tesla is transmitting to the industrial chain: 4 million vehicles will be distributed in global factories, of which the super factory in North America will undertake 2 million vehicles, Giga Berlin and Giga Shanghai will be responsible for 1 million vehicles each respectively. Among the North American factories, the Monterrey factory in Mexico will be the main production capacity of this new cheaper model." Tesla China has not yet commented on these rumors.
Mostly unrelated, Twitter's usual logo has been changed to Doge.
Old 04-03-23, 10:25 PM
Margate330
Lexus Test Driver

Received 965 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by LeX2K
Take with a grain of salt

https://twitter.com/SawyerMerritt/st...03417022267392

Mostly unrelated, Twitter's usual logo has been changed to Doge.
Cool deal Lex2k.

Many people in our society thinks only cheap junk comes from China but nothing can be further from the truth.
Oh yeah, they can make cheap junk to sell for big markups that get sold to bog box retailers for max profit but they make good stuff too.

Being in the industrial electronics business I can say 1st hand that many high end products from around the world and especially Europe have products designed and engineered in their country and offload the manufacturing to other countries like china and others for competitive advantages or hitting a price point.

Ya''ll may be surprised the high tech and high quality stuff that comes out of china and a china made Tesla may surprise everyone.

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
She's the expert here, she can somehow interpret the numbers better than anyone else. Maybe wall street should hire her. Either that or someone is lashing out due to poor performance from their favorite car company
It's just an opinion and I like reading all opinions, only reason I come here.

Last edited by Margate330; 04-03-23 at 10:31 PM.
Old 04-03-23, 10:35 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Margate330
Cool deal Lex2k.

Many people in our society thinks only cheap junk comes from China but nothing can be further from the truth.
Oh yeah, they can make cheap junk to sell for big markups that get sold to bog box retailers for max profit but they make good stuff too.

Being in the industrial electronics business I can say 1st hand that many high end products from around the world and especially Europe have products designed and engineered in their country and offload the manufacturing to other countries like china and others for competitive advantages or hitting a price point.

Ya''ll may be surprised the high tech and high quality stuff that comes out of china and a china made Tesla may surprise everyone.

It's just an opinion and I like reading all opinions, only reason I come here.
I also don't mind opinions and welcome them, but when they go against known published facts and are constantly repeated even when faced with reality, it's no longer an opinion. Just my opinion

Last edited by AMIRZA786; 04-03-23 at 10:39 PM.
Old 04-04-23, 07:58 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Tesla FSD Updates Appear To Be Huge Advances In Safety, Functionality

Tesla paused FSD beta updates for a time, but now it's cranking out version 11 updates that are some of the most impressive to date

Tesla finally released the long-anticipated Full Self-Driving beta version 11 software update recently. After a pause in updates, the newest version began to arrive, and now it has seen multiple point updates, which appear to make it markedly better. The new single stack has many added features to improve safety and functionality.

Prior to the release of Full Self-Driving beta version 11, Tesla had paused updates for some time to deal with a related recall issued by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Then, version 11.3 arrived and there have been quick point updates ever since, taking us to version 11.3.4, which appears to be the latest software update currently.

Tesla fans, owners, and investors have been eagerly awaiting version 11 since CEO Elon Musk began touting its release last year. This is because it marries the company's Autopilot technology with the Full Self-Driving system capabilities.

Autopilot is standard in all Tesla vehicles. It's essentially a freeway and highway driving companion that helps steer, accelerate, and brake. In addition, it has typical advanced driver-assist systems, such as automatic emergency braking.

FSD comes at a steep and increasing price and adds city-driving functionality such that Tesla's EVs can essentially navigate on their own, with constant supervision, of course. The tech allows the cars to stop at lights and stop signs, turn corners, change lanes, etc., all with the close watch of the driver who must be ready to take over at a moment's notice.

As you're likely aware, Tesla uses free over-the-air software updates to fix bugs, improve its vehicles, and add features and functionality to its fleet. While the update system is super convenient, it almost seems as if it were specifically designed to make a system like FSD slowly become a reality. Tesla is able to keep tabs on all of its vehicles running the software and then release updates to improve it over time.

With all of that said, a site called not a tesla app that follows the software and provides notes and details about updates, released some information showing how the latest updates have made incredible progress in many ways.

According to not a tesla app via Teslarati, adding the FSD vision setup to the freeway and highway driving means the technology can perform more complex tasks, not rely on the lines so much, and behave more like a human. In addition, the cars appear to position themselves better in the lanes and handle turns and merging-type situations much more safely and seamlessly.

On top of the seemingly safer functionality, Tesla has also added some new and exciting features with the latest update. The first new feature is in response to the NHTSA recall mentioned above. It improves the way the technology handles intersections, especially those that are trickier thanks to yellow lights, flashing lights, or highway exits.

The second new feature puts Tesla in better control of the situation when it comes to users/beta testers. As the updates improve and fleetwide expansion continues, it's important for Tesla to ensure that drivers are using the technology as instructed. If you're testing FSD beta and misusing it, the company will be aware and able to suspend the features.

The recent point updates also add more of the usual improvements to the user interface, graphics, animation, etc. There are also new messages on the screen to tell the driver what the car is doing. Moreover, there are new features that let the driver control certain aspects of the technology, such as a "minimal lane changes" option.

As Tesla continues to provide updates to its FSD beta system, we'll share them here and provide various videos so you can see them in action. In the meantime, let us know your thoughts on Tesla FSD beta version 11 based on what you've seen and heard thus far.

https://insideevs.com/news/660416/te...customization/
Old 04-04-23, 08:41 AM
signdetres
Racer

Received 886 Likes on 508 Posts

Yikes. Pretty much how I expected the new Tesla Vision parking sensors to work (aka not at all lol). I'm SO glad our Tesla has parking sensors. I wouldn't be able to live with it if it didn't and I had to use this garbage software version of parking sensors instead. I feel bad for the owners that have waited 6 months to get this update...

I hate that Tesla these days seems to truly only be prioritizing themselves and their profit margins. They don't care about the customer experience and will remove whatever it takes to save a buck, even if this is the outcome.

I think it's so wrong that the software either sees nothing and tells drivers they're in the clear when they're not. I think it's wrong that the software says you have 20 inches of space to go when you actually have 3. I think this is going to result in a lot of people damaging their cars and it's not right.
Old 04-04-23, 08:48 AM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

I 100% agree that Tesla should have started removing USS AFTER the vision only version was mature. Inexcusable.
Old 04-04-23, 08:49 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by signdetres
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1g1okoQJEE

Yikes. Pretty much how I expected the new Tesla Vision parking sensors to work (aka not at all lol). I'm SO glad our Tesla has parking sensors. I wouldn't be able to live with it if it didn't and I had to use this garbage software version of parking sensors instead. I feel bad for the owners that have waited 6 months to get this update...

I hate that Tesla these days seems to truly only be prioritizing themselves and their profit margins. They don't care about the customer experience and will remove whatever it takes to save a buck, even if this is the outcome.

I think it's so wrong that the software either sees nothing and tells drivers they're in the clear when they're not. I think it's wrong that the software says you have 20 inches of space to go when you actually have 3. I think this is going to result in a lot of people damaging their cars and it's not right.
I agree that it was a mistake removing parking sensors. They have literally saved my *** with my Polestar. I'm sure Lex is going to disagree, but it was a bad decision IMO

Sorry Lex, I was posting the same time as you
Old 04-04-23, 08:50 AM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

Nope I agree. I disagree that the sensors are needed people raged about Tesla going vision only for FSD and now look where we are. The timing is the problem.

Quick Reply: Tesla business discussion