EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

Ford Mustang Mach-E

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-19, 04:10 PM
Floyd91
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's nice to see competitors in this segment.. but I don't know about the Ford quality.
Old 11-18-19, 04:54 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Looks like a worthy effort by Ford Motor Company
Old 11-18-19, 05:09 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexus2000
I would prefer it was designed properly like the Model S or how Audi does it although I'm not a fan of 3 or more screens. But at least it looks integrated and clean.
the model 3 sticks out also, its just not in portrait. Its harder to reach the far side of a portrait screen vs landscape
Old 11-19-19, 05:01 AM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Propulsion
Agreed. And why does Ford think the Mustang name will attract EV buyers? I just don’t understand the move. If I just spent $60k on an exciting new EV I sure as hell don’t wanna tell my coworkers it’s called a “Mustang”
Would you rather it be called a Fusion II? It's all about the marketing.
Old 11-19-19, 05:03 AM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
all the criticism...

i think it's awesome!
+1

Too bad it won't be in show rooms for another year.

Read where the software is no where ready for prime time.
Old 11-19-19, 02:43 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

Another EV that nobody will buy.
This will do as well as the Chevy Bolt/Volt.

Overpriced compact CUV thats double the price of an Escape and same price as Model Y. Recipe for instant failure - how do these car execs convince themselves these are good ideas?
Old 11-19-19, 02:46 PM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 228 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
Another EV that nobody will buy.
This will do as well as the Chevy Bolt/Volt.

Overpriced compact CUV thats double the price of an Escape and same price as Model Y. Recipe for instant failure - how do these car execs convince themselves these are good ideas?
The Model Y will sell like hot cakes. The Mach E is the same price and performance. Why won't it sell?
Old 11-19-19, 02:50 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by EZZ
The Model Y will sell like hot cakes. The Mach E is the same price and performance. Why won't it sell?
Why do Iphones sell and Samsung phones don’t.

Tesla = EVs
EVs are a small niche and general public knows the Tesla brand which is synonymous for the Best EVs.
Model Y will be better in every way and will cost less.
99% of ppl will rather drive a Tesla than a Ford, Ford is aware of this hence the Mustang name. It’s not going to help though.
Old 11-19-19, 09:39 PM
oldcajun
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
Why do Iphones sell and Samsung phones don’t.
Actually Samsung phones sell quite well. I'm a big Tesla fan, but think this Ford will sell well. I really don't understand the link to the Mustang, but for me the styling works.
Old 11-20-19, 06:36 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

It’s a great first effort for an EV by Ford
Old 11-20-19, 07:02 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Shelby trim confirmed

https://www.motor1.com/news/383538/m...-shelby-plans/
Old 12-29-19, 03:52 PM
Hoovey689

Default Ford Mustang Mach-E timing details revealed

Ford will begin converting reservations to orders in the spring

The Ford Mustang Mach-E electric crossover was one of the biggest hype magnets of the 2019 Los Angeles Auto Show, but with deliveries still a year away, would-be buyers have been waiting patiently (or perhaps not-so-patiently) for any production and delivery updates. Thanks to a Ford dealer in Colorado, we have our first glimpse of what's in store for Ford'searly adopters.

A screenshot shared with members of MachEforum.com (and spotted by Motor1.com) reveals Ford's plans for converting online reservations into firm orders and, eventually, customer deliveries, promising monthly email updates to buyers throughout the process.

Starting in the spring, dealers will reach out to customers who have placed online reservations, at which point they can confirm trim configurations and pricing. The dealer will then place a final order and refund the $500 reservation deposit.

By summer, Ford will begin finalizing its production schedule, and dealers will reach out to customers to discuss charging options as the assembly line gears up. By fall, production should be underway, and dealers will begin scheduling test drives and finalizing sales.

Ford still has no concrete timeline for the availability of the range-topping GT model. The shared image states explicitly that GT orders will be placed "at a later date," and the company has previously acknowledged that we probably won't see that variant until spring, 2021—when the first deliveries of lower-trim models are slated to begin.

This information will be of particular interest to those holding reservations for the Mach-E First Edition which sold out in a matter of days after the new crossover's announcement. As the trim name implies, it not only inaugurates the Mach-E model, but also indicates its production priority; these will receive dealer attention before reservations for other trims.
Source
Old 03-13-20, 01:31 PM
Hoovey689

Default 2021 Ford Mach-E playing in the snow

Old 06-30-20, 07:53 AM
Hoovey689

Default Ford Mustang Mach-E orders open — and performance specs get a boost

All versions see more horsepower and torque

Ford says it’s nudging performance specs upward on the Mustang Mach-E after more testing and development work, as it opens order books for its highly anticipated all-electric crossover.

The upgraded specs apply to both standard- and extended-range models in both rear- and all-wheel drive. They also follow recent news about hands-free driving capabilities and fast-charging range improvements.
ADVERTISEMENTThe biggest gain comes with the extended-range AWD versions, which get bumped up to 346 horsepower/258 kilowatts and 428 pound-feet of torque, from previous estimates of 332 hp/240 kw and 417 lb-ft, with a 0-60 mph time in the mid-5-second range.

In rear-wheel drive, the extended-range models see output increase to 290 hp/216 kw and 317 lb-ft, which are increases of 8 hp/6 kw and 11 lb-ft from previous estimates.

Standard-range versions of the Mach-E will deliver an estimated 230 miles of driving range, Ford says. (The EPA has yet to announce official ratings). In both AWD and RWD variants, output increases to 266 hp/198 kw, up by 11 hp/8 kw. AWD versions will deliver 428 lb-ft of torque, up by 11 lb-ft, while RWD versions are now rated at 317 lb-ft, up from 306 lb-ft before.

Ford’s new Mustang Mach-E configurator is open to the Select, Premium and California Route 1 trim levels, while the range-topping GT is still reservation-only and won’t be available until late summer 2021. It will be available only in extended-range and all-wheel drive, with a target range of 250 miles and a 0-60 time in the mid-3 seconds.

Prices start at $44,995 for the Select model in standard-range RWD, including the $1,100 destination fee but not including the $7,500 federal EV tax credit.

Ford’s online configurator appears to be limited for now in other ways as well. For example, there’s still no ability to order the CoPilot 360 Active 2.0 Prep Package that enables hands-free highway driving. We tricked out a California Route 1 model in extended-range RWD, which targets 300 miles in driving range and a mid-6-second 0-60 mph time, with a $240 interior protection package, the only one offered so far, and received an all-inclusive dealer sale price of $50,233.40.

Deliveries are expected to start near year's end.
Source
Old 06-30-20, 08:03 AM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 228 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411

All versions see more horsepower and torque

Source
I saw them up close at the LA auto show and i think its Ford's best looking crossover or SUV. I think its a legitimate competitor to the Model Y and may be a good option for those who are wary of Tesla. If Ford had a decent charging network, I would consider getting this as the soccer car. My buddy actually has one on order and a Performance Model Y too so i'll ask him to compare once he gets both.

Quick Reply: Ford Mustang Mach-E