EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

Ford Mustang Mach-E

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-20, 01:18 PM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by EZZ
I saw them up close at the LA auto show and i think its Ford's best looking crossover or SUV. I think its a legitimate competitor to the Model Y and may be a good option for those who are wary of Tesla. If Ford had a decent charging network, I would consider getting this as the soccer car. My buddy actually has one on order and a Performance Model Y too so i'll ask him to compare once he gets both.
With Ford's dealer network they will trump Tesla all day with availability of service and with customer service. Tesla is way behind on taking care of it's customers. But, yes Ford does need to upgrade the charging network.
Old 06-30-20, 02:16 PM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 228 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by rogerh00
With Ford's dealer network they will trump Tesla all day with availability of service and with customer service. Tesla is way behind on taking care of it's customers. But, yes Ford does need to upgrade the charging network.
No doubt! Tesla just doesn't have the dealer network to compete however, i've had 1 visit to dealer since i've owned the car. My next scheduled visit is in 2 years for inspection and that will be done via mobile service where they come to you. EVs are just so maintenance free
Old 09-29-20, 11:17 AM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts
Default Ford cuts prices of the 2021 Mustang Mach-E

Some variants see a $3,000 drop

Ford has good news for many of the motorists who reserved a 2021 Mustang Mach-E. It sent its dealers a notice to announce it's dropping the electric crossover's price by $1,000 to $3,000 -- with one exception.

The lineup still includes five basic trim levels named Select, Premium, GT, California Route 1, and First Edition, and some of these variants are offered with either rear- or all-wheel drive. Ford lowered the price of the entry-level model by $1,000, according to Mach-E Forum, so it starts at $43,995 with rear-wheel drive and $46,695 with all-wheel drive after a mandatory $1,100 destination charge elbows its way into the bottom line.

You'll receive a $3,000 discount if you're in line for a Premium model; it now starts at $48,100 with rear-wheel drive and $50,800 with all-wheel drive. California Route 1 buyers get $2,000 off ($50,900), while the no-longer-sold-out First Edition's new base price is $1,000 lower at $59,400. Note these figures don't include incentives.

That leaves us with the GT, which is the most expensive member of the range. It wasn't included in Ford's price-slashing campaign, so it's still priced at $62,700. There's no word on why it's not being discounted.

Ford told its dealers it's adjusting the Mustang Mach-E's price "to remain fully competitive in a segment that is seeing dynamic price changes." It didn't single out rivals, but it's worth noting the discount comes shortly after Volkswagen introduced the ID.4, which carries a base price of approximately $40,000. While the German firm stresses its electric crossover is an alternative to gasoline-powered models like the Toyota RAV4 and the Honda CR-V, motorists will inevitably cross-shop it against battery-powered models, including the Mustang Mach-E.

Dealers will contact reservation holders via email to notify them about the price drop. Ford remains on track to begin building the Mustang Mach-E in Mexico later in 2020, and deliveries will start before the end of the year.
Source
Old 09-29-20, 01:03 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

Received 1,225 Likes on 910 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexus2000
Those protruding screens look stupid as heck why are auto makers doing this?
Its cheap and people prefer having to break focus completely to adjust something as simply as temp because physical controls are outdated and useless these days.

Definitely not because a screen is cheaper and easier to just slap in everything than designing unique and bespoke controls for every car that have a distinct actuation feel. Yep has nothing to do with the fact it's way easier and less involved and the masses buy it as a good idea.
Old 09-29-20, 01:09 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

$50k for a small Ford CUV - what a joke.
No wonder they are cutting the price even before its released.
Old 09-29-20, 01:23 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,933 Likes on 2,470 Posts

Originally Posted by Striker223
Its cheap and people prefer having to break focus completely to adjust something as simply as temp because physical controls are outdated and useless these days.
"progress"
Originally Posted by RNM GS3
$50k for a small Ford CUV - what a joke.
No wonder they are cutting the price even before its released.
Why not wait until the car is out before dumping on it maybe it will be great. Ford is betting a whole lot on this thing.
Old 09-29-20, 01:36 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

^
When was the last time Ford released a product that was great? They can’t put on body panels on a Mustang properly but they can build an electric car ?!? Lol

What is your theory on why they are lowering prices on yet to be released model?
Old 09-29-20, 01:40 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

^^ I can't think of a Ford from the last 15 years that I'd really want, or sorta want. On the price cut don't know what to think does seem odd. A vehicle like this should in theory be in very short supply.

If Ford bungles the Mach-E they are in deep trouble this is nearly a bet the farm car.
Old 09-29-20, 01:49 PM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by EZZ
No doubt! Tesla just doesn't have the dealer network to compete however, i've had 1 visit to dealer since i've owned the car. My next scheduled visit is in 2 years for inspection and that will be done via mobile service where they come to you. EVs are just so maintenance free
A little late in my reply but the concern one has to have is with the electronics in a tesla. What do you do if the doors won't open? Your tesla won't start? You have to arrange a service appointment by email only which may take days. THEY DON'T ANSWER THE PHONE. Once you have an appt. you'll need to have it towed to the nearest service center. In parts of the country the sc may be hours away. Be prepared to rent a car because it will probably take days most likely weeks. I say this because it is documented on you tube. Hopefully nothing goes wrong before your next inspection in 2 yrs.
Old 09-29-20, 02:08 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

What happens if your petrol car doesn't start? Unicorns decent from the sky and transport you to a magical place while pixies fix your car?
Old 09-29-20, 02:10 PM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 228 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by rogerh00
A little late in my reply but the concern one has to have is with the electronics in a tesla. What do you do if the doors won't open? Your tesla won't start? You have to arrange a service appointment by email only which may take days. THEY DON'T ANSWER THE PHONE. Once you have an appt. you'll need to have it towed to the nearest service center. In parts of the country the sc may be hours away. Be prepared to rent a car because it will probably take days most likely weeks. I say this because it is documented on you tube. Hopefully nothing goes wrong before your next inspection in 2 yrs.
I have 4 Service Centers in a 20 miles radius so not that big a deal for me. They also give you Tesla loaners here. The high mileage Model 3 forums have had very little issues being stranded. It seems to be very mechanically reliable as reflected in the latest consumer reports recommended list. The repair time is a little longer in other regions outside of California but here, where there are a ton of service centers, its the same as any other car. Not surprising.
Old 09-29-20, 03:26 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

"progress"

Why not wait until the car is out before dumping on it maybe it will be great. Ford is betting a whole lot on this thing.
Considering I have literally zero interest it won't matter at least in my case if it's any good post launch. Doesn't look good, will feel like any other electric car, interior is the same as all the rest as well.
Old 09-29-20, 03:28 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

What happens if your petrol car doesn't start? Unicorns decent from the sky and transport you to a magical place while pixies fix your car?
I go fix it within 4 hours max short of total engine failure, that takes 6 to swap it in. Since I can actually get parts instantly and can worn on it without my car being blacklisted as unsafe.....
Old 11-15-20, 05:25 AM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Had a chance to spend some time in one yesterday. Will post up a vid and more pics soon!

View this post on Instagram

Last edited by pbm317; 11-15-20 at 05:39 AM.
Old 11-15-20, 08:37 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

^
Ford wants to kill the only successful nameplate they have left except F150.
Nothing about this is remotely a Mustang.

Those pics make it look like regular crossover in $30-35k price range.

Quick Reply: Ford Mustang Mach-E