EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

Ford Mustang Mach-E

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-21, 09:50 AM
92 SC400
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I really wanted to NOT like it - mostly because they called it a "Mustang" - but, I kind of like it... I saw a pre-production version of it at an auto show last January, and it seemed better than I expected.

Haven't driven one, so we'll see if it's any good to drive - but the reviews seem positive in that area as well.
Old 01-14-21, 12:07 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,440 Likes on 1,600 Posts

only ford could put in an even dumber screen design than tesla.
Old 01-14-21, 01:20 PM
grabber2
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by 92 SC400
I really wanted to NOT like it - mostly because they called it a "Mustang" - but, I kind of like it... I saw a pre-production version of it at an auto show last January, and it seemed better than I expected.

Haven't driven one, so we'll see if it's any good to drive - but the reviews seem positive in that area as well.
I'm the opposite. I want to like it but my heart say no......lolz
Old 01-15-21, 07:02 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 767 Likes on 536 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
I really wish that volume wheel was removable.
Old 01-15-21, 04:19 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
Here's the one Ford puts in the base-level version of the Escape (not the upmarket versions)...it is barely large enough to display a radio-frequency LOL.

Old 01-15-21, 06:40 PM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 95 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Here's the one Ford puts in the base-level version of the Escape (not the upmarket versions)...it is barely large enough to display a radio-frequency LOL.

Honestly the 8" screen in the 15-20 F-150 is just right for me.

Old 01-15-21, 06:48 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by BrettJacks
Honestly the 8" screen in the 15-20 F-150 is just right for me.
That tiny screen in the base Escape is definitely less than 8 ".

I like the color graphic way the compass is depicted on that F-150 Screen. Beats the way you just see a plain "N", "SE" , "SW", etc.... on a lot of vehicles. The next step, of course, would be aircraft-style, with actual three-digit compass-headings (090, 280, etc...), but many people couldn't quickly decipher that without some training.
Old 04-22-21, 05:57 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Finally saw the new Mach E up close in person. Colour me a little unimpressed. Just seems like a LOT of money for a such a small vehicle. Also, from my gathering, for such a small vehicle, it seems to be very heavy. Interior fit and finish was stellar. The little baby screen in front of the steering wheel is kinda meh. Roof window is cool. I get the extreme performance Idea of charging at home But next to a F150, a much larger, more spacious, more convenient model with the same quality interior, and a $12,000 lower MSRP, I think the Mach E is a bit of waste of money.
Old 04-22-21, 06:09 PM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
Finally saw the new Mach E up close in person. Colour me a little unimpressed. Just seems like a LOT of money for a such a small vehicle. Also, from my gathering, for such a small vehicle, it seems to be very heavy. Interior fit and finish was stellar. The little baby screen in front of the steering wheel is kinda meh. Roof window is cool. I get the extreme performance Idea of charging at home But next to a F150, a much larger, more spacious, more convenient model with the same quality interior, and a $12,000 lower MSRP, I think the Mach E is a bit of waste of money.
We all don't want large gas guzzling TRUCKS.
Old 04-22-21, 06:14 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by rogerh00
We all don't want large gas guzzling TRUCKS.
Fair....the F150 is $1400 a year more in gas. But there is also the Ford Edge or explorer. Just seems like a lot of money for such a small vehicle. EPA classifies it as a ‘small station wagon’
Old 04-22-21, 06:17 PM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Mustang Mach E buyers aren't trying to compare it to F-150. F-150 might be larger and more spacious, but may not be more convenient for day to day drivers.
Old 04-22-21, 06:19 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by pbm317
Mustang Mach E buyers aren't trying to compare it to F-150. F-150 might be larger and more spacious, but may not be more convenient for day to day drivers.
‘for sure. But it just seems like a LOT of money for such a small vehicle. Sad.
Old 04-22-21, 06:21 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

BEVs never come cheap...I've never seen one in the American market under about 35K or so, even entry-level models.
Old 04-22-21, 06:23 PM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Not everyone buys cars by the pound or by the inch.

The Mustang Mach E seems pretty appropriately priced when you look at it to its actual competition like the Tesla Model Y or the VW ID.4 or the upcoming Audi Q4 e-tron, Volvo XC40 Recharge, etc etc etc.

Batteries and electric motors are still quite expensive.

Luckily in the U.S. the Mustang Mach-E still qualifies for a federal credit of up to $7,500, and many states have additional rebates and credits that help bring that down.

For the Price of a reasonably equipped Mustang Mach E would also be a Toyota RAV4 Prime XSE. Which is shorter and smaller.. Sad.
Old 04-22-21, 06:24 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by pbm317

For the Price of a reasonably equipped Mustang Mach E would also be a Toyota RAV4 Prime XSE. Which is shorter and smaller.. Sad.
I think the Prime RAV4 is too much money as well. Heavy too.

RAV4 seems more useable

Originally Posted by mmarshall
BEVs never come cheap...I've never seen one in the American market under about 35K or so, even entry-level models.
‘Right. And for such a small wagon....I wonder how they will ever get it down to a small price point.

Quick Reply: Ford Mustang Mach-E