EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

Maryland gas station converts to EV charging station

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-20, 07:27 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3,056 Likes on 2,568 Posts

Do that and the population will drop to zero. Zero emissions achieved.
Old 02-21-20, 10:59 PM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 295 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
This is what we’re dealing with here folks! :

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...wpisrc=nl_buzz
They should go ahead and ban electricity also and just use candles for light and fireplaces for heat and cooking. I had no idea it was like that. I don’t know if I could live there just by imagining what the taxes are like.
Old 02-22-20, 05:01 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 69 Likes on 60 Posts

I think you will see more and more ciites start to do this. The goal would be for 2045 in this scenario. Eventually something has to be done to move on from fossil fuels. I personally believe we shall see an acceleration in carbon footprint inniatives. Those that get caught behind will be the ones who suffer the most.

Last edited by Toys4RJill; 02-22-20 at 05:10 AM.
Old 02-22-20, 05:29 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

While at first glance this sounds like a complete lunacy, I am sure there is more to it underneath the surface. It probably works kind of like this.

Affluent politicians have useless children that are only good at pretending to care about the environment. These politicians create a bunch of obscure programs aimed to "protect the environment" and fund them out of the budget. They put their children, wives, etc in charge of these programs so they can stuff their pockets. For all we know a lot of these programs might have been written into the obamacare bill.

Believe me, if Tacoma park bans fossil fuels, some phony three huggers will get a government grant to install cute wind turbines that are secretly powered by diesel fuel. These smug hypocrites will pockets a huge chunk of the initial grant, and get more to come.
Old 02-22-20, 07:45 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,772 Likes on 1,979 Posts

Originally Posted by patgilm
They should go ahead and ban electricity also and just use candles for light and fireplaces for heat and cooking. I had no idea it was like that. I don’t know if I could live there just by imagining what the taxes are like.
The city taxes are almost as much as the whole county tax, so taxes in TP are roughly double what they are elsewhere in Montgomery County.