EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

Musk: Tesla must cut costs or stock will be ‘crushed like a souffle under a sledgeham

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-21, 09:44 AM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 228 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
There is also a chip shortage which has delayed Tesla 3 production.

If Tesla made Model 3 and Y more like model S and X in terms of design without the goofy front bumper - it would reach more of the general public.
The interior is also horribly styled without gauges above steering column and just cheap quality materials.

Look at Porsche- Taycan is a beautiful car with a normal interior - therefore it can be done 😀.

I’m not a big believer in Ford and feel the Mach E will have major issues and already their rollout has been delayed. Matt Farrah liked the driving experience but the car broke down several times on them.
It does look 100x better than a Model Y though.
I think the Mach E will eventually outsell every other Mustang in a few years I think it's hilarious that a family crossover will also out accelerate the Mustang line in real world speeds too.
Old 03-06-21, 09:57 AM
sdls
Lexus Champion

Received 294 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
There is also a chip shortage which has delayed Tesla 3 production.
It really grinds my gears that semiconductor fabrication is concentrated almost exclusively in a few tiny countries out east. Something that crucial to the world economy needs to be decentralized and brought to the US as a matter of national priority.
I remember events like really bad weather and earthquakes causing shortages even decades ago and yet production still remains almost completely concentrated in those overseas islands and coastal areas.
Old 03-06-21, 02:26 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by sdls
It really grinds my gears that semiconductor fabrication is concentrated almost exclusively in a few tiny countries out east. s.
I thought it was a Mexico thing. Tesla is now exporting from China so looks like they need them to be made there.

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Sounds to me like he can't get along with his girl friend.
This was actually pretty funny

Last edited by Toys4RJill; 03-06-21 at 02:30 PM.
Old 05-17-21, 07:46 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Been watching the Tesla stock debate since Burry spoke up. Will be interesting to see how Tesla stock plays out

Michael Burry of ‘The Big Short’ reveals a $530 million bet against Tesla

Last edited by Toys4RJill; 05-17-21 at 07:51 PM.
Old 05-17-21, 07:58 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by sdls
It really grinds my gears that semiconductor fabrication is concentrated almost exclusively in a few tiny countries out east. Something that crucial to the world economy needs to be decentralized and brought to the US as a matter of national priority.
I remember events like really bad weather and earthquakes causing shortages even decades ago and yet production still remains almost completely concentrated in those overseas islands and coastal areas.
There is a part of me that wishes for the chip shortage to continue, maybe we'll go back to more analog cars without all the gizmos.
Old 05-17-21, 08:32 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,965 Likes on 2,497 Posts

There is no disclosure of how much is actually being shorted. CNBS doesn't understand basic finance.